Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reviews/Feedback on LH Premium Economy flights?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
You can pick the PE seat at checkin if booked in Y/B or with *G/SEN/HON status.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: LH FTL
ok Perfect
Thanks Oliver

P.S. You mean online check in or at airport desk ?

Last edited by oxymoron; Apr 2, 2015 at 3:44 am
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, Lufthansa Senator *,Marriott platinum
Smile Premium economy

Am flying FRA-DEL on 19/4 and Premium seating is available on the flight. Officially lufthansa starts operating premium economy on this sector from 24/4. Any idea if only the seating will be premium economy or also the food/ service etc ? Hoping it is a dry run to test the offering
Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by RAMSWISS
Am flying FRA-DEL on 19/4 and Premium seating is available on the flight. Officially lufthansa starts operating premium economy on this sector from 24/4. Any idea if only the seating will be premium economy or also the food/ service etc ? Hoping it is a dry run to test the offering
on my MUC-DXB-MUC segments under similar circumstances it was the full monty, including catering, amenity kits, service.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:30 pm

Sounds good
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by kacheng
they are also assignable to SEN pre checkin.
So that is why when I booked FRA-JNB (no PE available yet) in S, during seat selection I was permitted to choose 53H. Later during the flight, the FA came to welcome me and ask how I liked it. The seats seem identical to those on 748 to HKG but the flight to JNB was really unconfortable
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:33 am

The seats were PE but how about the food and service ?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by RAMSWISS
The seats were PE but how about the food and service ?
The food was economy food but in real porcelain dishes. A welcome orange juice in plastic glass (quite lousy container similar what SAA gives in economy) was offered

The seats length wise are certainly better than normal economy but sidewise nothing to write home about... better hoping for a free seat next to you in economy
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by sventrax
The food was economy food but in real porcelain dishes. A welcome orange juice in plastic glass (quite lousy container similar what SAA gives in economy) was offered

The seats length wise are certainly better than normal economy but sidewise nothing to write home about... better hoping for a free seat next to you in economy
Had a similar experience on DEL-FRA yesterday.

I was booked in Y but was allocated a seat in PE section of the plane.

In my honest opinion the only advantage of PE is extra leg space. Rest everything is similar to economy. I would not pay more than 10% premium over economy for PE.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by econprof
Yes, this is the case for me, too, on a FRA-JFK trip in the middle of April. Looking forward to seeing what PE is like!
Equipment change and no PE on my plane. At least I got 76K...

Another shot this coming Sunday, same flight. We'll see...
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:51 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by oxymoron
Had a similar experience on DEL-FRA yesterday.

I was booked in Y but was allocated a seat in PE section of the plane.

In my honest opinion the only advantage of PE is extra leg space. Rest everything is similar to economy. I would not pay more than 10% premium over economy for PE.
I think this is an unfair approach to this great product. With an 8 instead of 10 abreast seating you have much more space than only "10 % more".

I am convinced that these cms in width are at least as valuable as the increased pitch. ^

I would rate the product with approx. 40-60 % surcharge on the Economy fare.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by gum
I think this is an unfair approach to this great product. With an 8 instead of 10 abreast seating you have much more space than only "10 % more".

I am convinced that these cms in width are at least as valuable as the increased pitch. ^
fully agree, don't forget the private armrest, too!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:15 am

2 premier economy questions

Want to fly over LAX-MUC on the A380 economy (because I knock myself out with sleeping pills and sleep the whole trip) but return premier economy. I see no way to do this on the LH website? Any ideas? Will LH charge me if I make such a reservation by telephone with them?
By the way is the LH economy plus product as bad as the AF one? I found it impossible to sleep in the AF economy plus seat.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH FTL, Avis CC, A-Club Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ente_09
Want to fly over LAX-MUC on the A380 economy (because I knock myself out with sleeping pills and sleep the whole trip) but return premier economy. I see no way to do this on the LH website? Any ideas? Will LH charge me if I make such a reservation by telephone with them?
No additional charge by booking via phone, different class booking is not feasible via the website, I had the same issue yesterday on a FRA-SFO where the return flight in PE was cheaper than the Y one, but way in was way more expensive in PE than Y... Solved that by phone
By the way is the LH economy plus product as bad as the AF one? I found it impossible to sleep in the AF economy plus seat.
I prefer the LH one than AF, but sleeping pills are still mandatory if you wanna sleep on LH, 10 return trips in PE to LAX or SFO and the result has always been the same... Recline is not good enough and this is for me the biggest difference between PE and C. For Champagne & Cheese, I have been proposed those extra elements on nearly all the segments I have taken since PE introduction.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can pick the PE seat at checkin if booked in Y/B or with *G/SEN/HON status.
FRA-SFO on APR/19 only Y sold but could pick a Y+ seat on M&M.COM (was quite surprised so I called the LX SEN HL and got the confirmation). Could even get the LH SEN hotline to give a Y+ seat to a companion. Return later that week has Y+ officially.

We'll see how it goes, first time not flying in C on this flight (and still on waitlist!)

Nico.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.