Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reviews/Feedback on LH Premium Economy flights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
What dates are you looking at? I can find €2,830 in C (Z) AMS-HND next week though Y+ is rather expensive at €2,693. Also try booking on NH's website. They've lowered fuel surcharges even on flights operated by LH.
Thanks, was looking for Easter.... (end of March / beginning of April).
But found some CX/AY availability in C for the few US DM miles I have left, not a bad deal since I can also make a stop.

And Y+ was nice when I flew it last November. But at the additional costs I doubt I will book it anytime soon. Discounted eco is pretty cheap though, I was tempted by that €600 fare.

Last edited by RTW1; Feb 17, 2015 at 2:41 am
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by ex-koelner
Sure, chinaware is an advantage over the plastic bowls in Y, but if the food is the same, it's smoke and mirrors, isn't it?
So no difference in terms of qualitiy and quantity of the meals?
From the few TRs out there, seems like main meal is the same as Y but the second meal i.e Breakfast/Snack service is usually slightly upgraded compared to Y.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by N1003U
..In seat power (with a power supply that can handle at least an 85W Apple supply...
You tested Apple's crazed 85W (85W ... 150VAC) power supply and it worked?

Chapeau!!!!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
PVG-MUC, Y to E, 1600 RMB at check-in (strangely, text only in Mandarin).
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:28 pm

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Appreciate it. I put in an offer of $225USD for an upgrade from FRA-JNB in Y+. Hopefully it will be accepted.
I've paid to reserve a Y seat on the upper deck of the A380 just in case I don't get the upgrade.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by ex-koelner
Sure, chinaware is an advantage over the plastic bowls in Y, but if the food is the same, it's smoke and mirrors, isn't it?
So no difference in terms of qualitiy and quantity of the meals?
I seem to be one of the few who find the Y food on LH not only edible, but occasionally even tasty. Then again, I am not exactly known for a refined palette, either...yes a bit smoke and mirrors, but combine real china with a tray that one can actually spread out and eat from, and the overall experience is, to me an improvement.

Originally Posted by RTW1
However nice Y+ is.... I was looking for a quick trip to Japan on LH. €600 for Y (or in fact K) vs €1.500 for Y+.
1.500€ is to me reasonable to me for a Y+ fare to Japan. 600€ sounds like a great price for Y. If those kinds of fares are common, I may have to reconsider my travel strategy and fly a day early and spend some of the savings on a very nice hotel room and dinner...@:-)

Originally Posted by weero
You tested Apple's crazed 85W (85W ... 150VAC) power supply and it worked?

Chapeau!!!!
Yes, and it functioned continuously. Amazingly enough. There you have it--a real, measurable improvement...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by N1003U
1.500€ is to me reasonable to me for a Y+ fare to Japan. 600€ sounds like a great price for Y. If those kinds of fares are common, I may have to reconsider my travel strategy and fly a day early and spend some of the savings on a very nice hotel room and dinner...@:-)
That's what I was thinking as well..... €600 is a pretty sweet deal, I even saw TK DUS-TYO/KIX for €490 a few days ago. I prefer something a bit more luxurious but if *F gets me a decent seat and lounge access I can manage the flight in eco. And that difference buys me 2 nights at the Park Hyatt Tokyo, something I enjoy a lot more than the Y+ seat.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:52 am

A380 with premium economy - but not available for sale?

Hey!
Noticed that on flights to Miami in early April Premium Economy seems to be available on the seatmap but it is not bookable.

Do you think these seats will be sold for extra at the airport?
Any way to score the seats? They are of course blocked when doing seat assignments online...

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2015, 7:41 am

During the rollout of Y+, LH said they'd give them for free to SEN at least. I guess they might be blocked as "premium" like the first couple rows of regular Y and assignable at check in.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 8:33 am

they are also assignable to SEN pre checkin.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Yes, this is the case for me, too, on a FRA-JFK trip in the middle of April. Looking forward to seeing what PE is like!
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:31 am

thanks for the replys! so SEN only?
Guess not luck, I'm Gold with Turkish (*A Gold).
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by italian7
thanks for the replys! so SEN only?
Guess not luck, I'm Gold with Turkish (*A Gold).
Spohr's favourite *G
I don't think you'll be able to get those seats, but please come back and report how it worked out in the end.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
FRA-ORD PE

Just flew on the 748 , PE , seat 21k 1st time.
The section was 22 of 24 seats full , had another SEN nxt to me , have to say i really enjoyed the seat , good recline , plenty of space & the space in front of you with the EE really gives you a feeling of openess. Did not mind the foot rest , swiched between using it & not.
Was not brothed by the toilet at all , only downside was the noise from the engines which made it difficult to get a quality sound on the movies with the H/S ,had to add the subtitles , has anyone else in this row noticed the same ?
As it was a day flgt , did not try to sleep , will see how that works out on the return nxt wk.
I walked back to row 24 which is the last row , which also looked to be a good option in front of the nxt economy section.
Service & food was very good.
Value for money , in my opinion worth while over economy & as i fly on my own a/c no need to look at biz again & its the same amount of miles as Z class if you are lucky to even find availability.
Before landing spoke with my neigbour & he was of the same opinion also trying it for the 1st time.
As long as LH continue the current pricing point than i think they will do well with this product.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: LH FTL
I am flying DEL - FRA on A380. It seems premium economy is available but not for sale.

I do not have any status but booking is in Y. Any chance I can get upgraded to Premium Economy ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.