Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Shocked by how lousy Miles and More has become [missing requalification due to sick]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shocked by how lousy Miles and More has become [missing requalification due to sick]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Angry Shocked by how lousy Miles and More has become [missing requalification due to sick]

I have been a Miles and More Senator for at least 8 years, likely longer. Despite traveling pretty much every other week, I had not earned enough status miles to renew my status as the number of miles that are credited for European flights have really gone down significantly over the last few years.

To make up for the difference, we decided to make a trip to South Africa over the Christmas period, a trip we wanted to make at some point anyway. We were scheduled to fly back tomorrow, December 29th, so that all the miles would be credited this year.

Unfortunately, this has been a horrible trip. First my travel partner got a rib injury, followed by bronchitis, so we have not been able to do any of the things we planned. Since yesterday, I personally started to get sick with a cold / chest cough.

As I am not in great shape to travel and we have had such a lousy time up till now, I wanted to delay our return flights by a few days. Unfortunately, no reasonably priced options are available until January 1st.

When calling Miles and More, I was shocked that there was no way in which they could help me to gap the 3,000 status miles I still require. I would be happy for them to credit me for the miles from January 1st in this year or, if that is not possible, to give me a credit for the 3,000 miles considering the circumstances.

I am completely shocked that Miles and More has gotten so non-service oriented that they rather have me travel sick tomorrow than doing something for me. It would have been a great opportunity for miles and more to be customer oriented and to avoid having a sick traveller on the plane.

It looks like miles and more does not leave me any other option than flying back sick tomorrow and having experienced a horrible trip. It would have been so easy for miles and more to do something for a loyal customer but they decided not to do so.

Between the lousy milage and the completely lack of customer orientation, I will not look for opportunities to seek out the star alliance in the future or to renew my senator status. As miles and more clearly could not care less about me, I don't see why I would care about them.

Anybody else have a similar experience? Anything I am missing?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
I am a little bit confused.

Why do you want to be loyal to Lufthansa in the future in the first place after they became 'so lousy' ?

I do not understand that at all...if you feel betrayed, left alone, abused (....) just let go.

To be very honest with you. Do you have any idea how many people call the airlines around busy periods of the year to request certain changes, favors etc. ?

Therefore, there is only one conclusion. Either you give everyone a break all the time or you refuse to do so. To be honest with you, I prefer the second option, because it gives everyone a fair, transparent and honest answer and who on earth is able to differentiate between a cold while being in South Africa, a bruised rip and the desire to get an exit row seat for free, a cat that has died recently or a lot of medicine for a charity, which resulted in 5k of extra luggage above the threshold and add. charges?

On a related note, M&M has indeed become lousy, as expected, but among the blind the one-eyed is still King.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FD1971

Why do you want to be loyal to Lufthansa in the future in the first place after they became 'so lousy' ?

I do not understand that at all...if you feel betrayed, left alone, abused (....) just let go.
I am based in Zurich and therefore most of my flights end up on Swiss or other Star Alliance airlines. Having a senator status has helped me a lot in the past especially when things go wrong such as delayed or cancelled flights. It therefore seems worthwhile to renew my Senator status.

I was absolutely shocked by this incident though. They had an opportunity to make some extra money through our rebooking fees and to make a (at least in the past) loyal customer happy and chose to not do so.

Yes, I agree, I will not be loyal in the future anymore. I just don't get why they would behave this way, it does not make any business sense to me at all.

It does not make sense to me to not try to renew my status at this stage considering less than 3,000 miles are missing and there is a scheduled flight tomorrow to make up that difference.

Does that help to address the confusion?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by eurowanderer
I have been a Miles and More Senator for at least 8 years, likely longer. Despite traveling pretty much every other week, I had not earned enough status miles to renew my status as the number of miles that are credited for European flights have really gone down significantly over the last few years.

To make up for the difference, we decided to make a trip to South Africa over the Christmas period, a trip we wanted to make at some point anyway. We were scheduled to fly back tomorrow, December 29th, so that all the miles would be credited this year.

Unfortunately, this has been a horrible trip. First my travel partner got a rib injury, followed by bronchitis, so we have not been able to do any of the things we planned. Since yesterday, I personally started to get sick with a cold / chest cough.

As I am not in great shape to travel and we have had such a lousy time up till now, I wanted to delay our return flights by a few days. Unfortunately, no reasonably priced options are available until January 1st.

When calling Miles and More, I was shocked that there was no way in which they could help me to gap the 3,000 status miles I still require. I would be happy for them to credit me for the miles from January 1st in this year or, if that is not possible, to give me a credit for the 3,000 miles considering the circumstances.

I am completely shocked that Miles and More has gotten so non-service oriented that they rather have me travel sick tomorrow than doing something for me. It would have been a great opportunity for miles and more to be customer oriented and to avoid having a sick traveller on the plane.

It looks like miles and more does not leave me any other option than flying back sick tomorrow and having experienced a horrible trip. It would have been so easy for miles and more to do something for a loyal customer but they decided not to do so.

Between the lousy milage and the completely lack of customer orientation, I will not look for opportunities to seek out the star alliance in the future or to renew my senator status. As miles and more clearly could not care less about me, I don't see why I would care about them.

Anybody else have a similar experience? Anything I am missing?
M&M have been going downhill for a long time, nothing new
Did you check your account ? You should have received a 10k status miles credit because of this years strike disruption. So maybe with this M&M feel like they did enough for you already
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:19 am
Suspended

If you explain the situation by (e)mail and send it to the local sales office, I do not think you will be downgraded. Just do not make it public.

Regarding the communication with LH (M&M)

Do not overestimate the power of people working in a LH call center in Turkey or South Africa, always ask for someone, who has more power and is able to take a look at the circumstances without being on the clock for making x calls in a certain amount of time.

Loyalty is a two way street and you walked on it for eight years, so I guess you will catch a break, even though you deal with people in Germany and Switzerland who cherish following rules.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:55 am

Didn't you get the 10k status miles credit?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Love those euphemisms!
On a related note, M&M has indeed become lousy, as expected, but among the blind the one-eyed is still King.
Rodney King?
Originally Posted by FD1971 Mr_Hyde_mode
Therefore, there is only one conclusion. Either you give everyone a break all the time or you refuse to do so. To be honest with you, I prefer the second option...
Originally Posted by FD1971 Dr_Jekyll_mode
If you explain the situation by (e)mail and send it to the local sales office, I do not think you will be downgraded. Just do not make it public. ...
You need to protect that login from your evil cousin or doppelganger somehow! Terrible inconsistencies could arise otherwise!
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by Lack
Didn't you get the 10k status miles credit?
+1
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by weero
You need to protect that login from your evil cousin or doppelganger somehow! Terrible inconsistencies could arise otherwise!
Doppelgänger?

Actually more a case of Doppelmoral.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA silver, LH, UA
And, you can always "buy" status miles with award miles.

[yeah, I know it does not solve your immediate concern about LH's lack of loyalty, but it can solve your local problem]
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:46 am

Doppelgänger?
Someone with access to your handle ... doesn't need to be a physical dead ringer.
Actually more a case of Doppelmoral.
Ah ... then my labels were perfect !
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
This is a friendly reminder to stay on topic. OT posts will be deleted.

Have a nice day

totti
Moderator M&M forum
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Has the OP answered the question to the 10k status miles dished out by M&M?
I seem to have missed this bit of information.
Or is he still short 3.000 miles after the 10k deposit?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. There must conservatively be 1,000 threads started every year around this time, each of which has the same features as this one. In virtually every one, a carrier / program declines to do what OP seeks here. Many of the cases are much more compelling than this one.

2. It may well be that after the fact, OP quietly gets his status, but it is a decision which will be made after all other options are gone. Thus, if it does not happen, OP is out of luck.

3. As to one point, it is important to understand that although OP chooses to say that M&M is "forcing" him to fly while sick, this is completely untrue. Rather, it is OP who chooses to fly sick and put a program which he himself considers "lousy" ahead of his own health and that of fellow passengers.

It makes complete sense for OP to search out options not tied to any one program. If it is with another program or even alliance, he will not find himself treated differently. If it is simply a matter of selecting the best flights for the trip in question, he will have liberated himself from a mindset in which he feels compelled to fly sick.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
1. There must conservatively be 1,000 threads started every year around this time, each of which has the same features as this one. In virtually every one, a carrier / program declines to do what OP seeks here. Many of the cases are much more compelling than this one...
Thousands? Can you name three much more compelling ones?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.