Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Special Credit of 30/10/3 000 status miles for FTL/SEN/HON as strike comp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Just for reference: When BA had their massive strikes a couple of years ago, BA simply extended all status held by one additonal year. Just like that!

(Not complaining about the LH offer, as I was expecting sweet f a)
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
I got an offer of 3,000 status miles in an active year. Shame I'm nowhere near to re-qualifying for FTL.

... by any stretch of the imagination!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: LH HON

At 188.000 status miles an extra 10k just gets me nowhere... Great idea
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: M&M mainly
Thanks for the gift which will evaporate in 12 days...
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by alfahund
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambuster

I got the email with 30k HON miles plus a save the date invitation for April 15th to celebrate LH's 60th anniversary.

However no HON miles in my account yet.

Same here, 30k announced but not delivered. Let's wait for the next batch run of their glorious IT system... April 15th would work for me, but let's see what it is all about when they send the information in January...
Probably we will be offered to participate at this event for 1.000.000 Miles as new HON, 999.999 as one Star HON, 999.998 as two Star HON, ... Flights to FRA obviously not included. :-)
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:51 am
BTP

Programs: VS Gold, BA Silver (gold for ~10y 'til recently!)
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I felt compelled to write about this "offer" as I think it ranks as THE most absurd sweetener I have ever been offered by a company. As others have said, offering something which in normal circumstances would be worthless but - to make matters worse - 12 days before it is certain to become worthless, is a joke. This further cements (in my eyes) the lack of competitiveness of the M&M programme vs others (notably BAEC, which I think now outperforms it in very nearly every respect). What are LH playing at?

One thing I did learn on this thread, though, is the ability to transfer award miles to status miles at the ratio of 2:1. How does one do that (had a quick look online but can't seem to see it, also M&M service centre is a weekday-only operation).

Thanks all,
BTP
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:11 am

Programs: Miles & More
helped me to get Gold again this year 😃
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BTP
One thing I did learn on this thread, though, is the ability to transfer award miles to status miles at the ratio of 2:1.
I'm afraid you learned wrong... status miles are just that, a number useful for reaching status thresholds only. What is sometimes offered is to exchange award miles (something that has a use for spending) for status miles as a means to reach status without flying.

Normally only a very limited amount of status miles can be had, so it's a decent way to get to a status threshold when you are a few thousand miles short.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:50 am
BTP

Originally Posted by RTW1
I'm afraid you learned wrong... status miles are just that, a number useful for reaching status thresholds only. What is sometimes offered is to exchange award miles (something that has a use for spending) for status miles as a means to reach status without flying.

Normally only a very limited amount of status miles can be had, so it's a decent way to get to a status threshold when you are a few thousand miles short.
Thanks, RTW1.

Do you mean that LH only offer this on a proactive basis to certain members who are very close to a status threshold?

FYI: I am 22k miles short of SEN, and I was considering a sort of "emergency MR" to get them. My question then would be, can I achieve less than this and rely on being offered to convert award miles to status miles?

Thanks again.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:52 am

Some people have reported the award:status miles transfer through their "M&M Selection" options. You should look in there.

Last edited by malmostoso; Dec 20, 2014 at 3:58 am
Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:09 am
BTP

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Some people have reported the award:status miles transfer through their "M&M Selection" options. You should look in there.
Thanks, malmostoso. Checked but nothing found
Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Indeed, for example under "M&M Selections" in my account is see a heading "Miles exchange" with 4 options to exchange for 1/2/3/4000 status miles (20.000 award miles for 4.000 status miles).
A very lame exchange rate, but useful if you only need a few thousand status miles.

22K in status miles will require a substantial investment in both time and money to do a MR. Or a lot of AirRail tickets.....(see the HON routing thread).
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by BTP
Thanks, malmostoso. Checked but nothing found
Think the option only opens at 80K miles.

And think its a max of 20K Award miles for 10K status miles.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
actually not turning worthless in 11 days for Hon as Hon Circle Miles count for 2 years and it can turn into 2 evoucher or 100e at worldshop.

I guess if you have no miles because you did not fly, you also were probably not that affected by the strike.
If you charged this year's flights to a different program, your requalification was also not affected by the strikes.
And that's what they wanted to take care of.
That BA extend status for all for a year I guess also has a little bit to do with the fact that you have to requalify every year. Not at LH.
Bottom line: 10% (in case of Hon 5%) bump is a nice gesture, for some useful, not for others. LH is a business. Award Miles equal cash. I am not at all surprised we did not get award miles.

Einem geschenkten Gaul schaut man nicht ins Maul.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I know for some people it's impossible to look beyond their own personal situation......

But I would guess that this gift/compensation might be worth something to a few percent of those that have received it.

Last edited by RTW1; Dec 20, 2014 at 7:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.