Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WorldShop.eu (LH ) Airport Delivery Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
WorldShop.eu (LH ) Airport Delivery Service

I'm redeeming some Miles&More miles via Worldshop.eu.

I've seen that they provide the "Airport Delivery" service: shop collection and gate delivery.

I'll be in transit in FRA in the next weeks and in particular I'll have a 3h connection, so enough time to collect my gift.

What is not so clear to me is if I can choose between shop collection and gate delivery or I'm obliged to choose the latter because I'll be in transit even if I've a 3h connection so I've all the time necessary to go to the shop and collect my item.

The gate delivery would be helpful but since it costs 5000 miles and I've 3h in FRA it would be nice to self-collect my item.

https://www.worldshop.eu/category/Ai...rtDelivery_?10

Many thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
I'm redeeming some Miles&More miles via Worldshop.eu.

I've seen that they provide the "Airport Delivery" service: shop collection and gate delivery.

I'll be in transit in FRA in the next weeks and in particular I'll have a 3h connection, so enough time to collect my gift.

What is not so clear to me is if I can choose between shop collection and gate delivery or I'm obliged to choose the latter because I'll be in transit even if I've a 3h connection so I've all the time necessary to go to the shop and collect my item.

The gate delivery would be helpful but since it costs 5000 miles and I've 3h in FRA it would be nice to self-collect my item.

https://www.worldshop.eu/category/Ai...rtDelivery_?10

Many thanks.
As long as you have a passport that allows you to easily enter/exit the Schengen area- why not just request in shop collection?

3 hours is enough time easily to enter Schengen, pick up your purchase, reclear security and passport control- it is not that much hassle unless you require a visa etc.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can also skip the ordering in advance and just go to the shop and opt to pay with miles at checkout. If you want to make sure they have the item call them ahead.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
As long as you have a passport that allows you to easily enter/exit the Schengen area- why not just request in shop collection?

3 hours is enough time easily to enter Schengen, pick up your purchase, reclear security and passport control- it is not that much hassle unless you require a visa etc.
Exactly that! Seems we're fellow countrymen! But if you read what is described in their site,it seems not possible to manage a shop collection if you're in transit (only if FRA/MUC is your destination)... I think that they will require my PNR and they will see that I'll be in transit. Any idea?

Furthermore, several times I left the security area and then recleared all the security procedure if I had >1.30h transit times (to meet friends!)!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exactly that! Seems we're fellow countrymen! But if you read what is described in their site,it seems not possible to manage a shop collection if you're in transit (only if FRA/MUC is your destination)... I think that they will require my PNR and they will see that I'll be in transit. Any idea?

Furthermore, several times I left the security area and then recleared all the security procedure if I had >1.30h transit times (to meet friends!)!
Just put in you are arriving at Frankfurt (i.e. not transit) and in shop collection. No need that way for PNR.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can also skip the ordering in advance and just go to the shop and opt to pay with miles at checkout. If you want to make sure they have the item call them ahead.
have you a direct experience on that?
I mean, since it is an electronic product I'm not so sure they usually have it in their store and even if they do, I think they would have only 1 piece available. Since I will be in transit few days before Xmas, probably stocks will be low.

Do you think a call would be sufficient to ensure the product availability?^
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Do you think a call would be sufficient to ensure the product availability?^
Yes, they usually keep it hold with your name on it.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, they usually keep it hold with your name on it.
ok, I'm gonna call or send them an email in order to require my gift. Thanks
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
edit:

Never mind I noticed shipping for the luggage is only EU/Switerland or FRA/MUC pick up which I don't want to do on my layover.

Last edited by JVPhoto; Nov 21, 2014 at 6:32 pm
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:51 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I know, in this case it's about alectronics, but one thing to consider: if your gifts contain liquids, pickup in the store is not a good option because you can't get liquids back through security.

I just wonder what happens if you order gate-delivery of a corkscrew or a knife set (like https://www.worldshop.eu/product/WMF...oard/1746284?3)...

HTB.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Since my connecting flight will depart from Terminal 1 | Hall AB | Counter 260-338 | Gate A, this morning I tried to contact WorldShop @ Terminal 1 - Departure level, Hall A:
they replied that I've to make the order through worldshop.eu with airport pick up.

The employee was rude enough.

I will try again this afternoon.

Any previous experience?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:15 am

I talked to the Worldshop in A about this: the airport delivery option in FRA goes to the Worldshop in landside B.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:43 am
Original Poster

I think I will directly order my gift since they require 6 days for item availability and furthermore I've 35.000 miles that are going to expire at the end of this month.
In this way I will be sure that my gift will be ready for pick up during my connection in FRA.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:56 am
Original Poster

UPDATE:

Finally I managed to get my gift: pick up has been a little bit difficult because my flight was in late and the passport custom clearence in FRA has been litterally a nightmare, but luckily the Worldshop was exactly 2-3 minutes after the passport check.
Good service provided by LH Worldshop.

Ps. Frankly I think that a 2.30h connection is necessary at least!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.