Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Now you can bid for your upgrade to Premium Economy.

Similar to the OS SmartUpgrade thread people should post ther bidding and results here.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
Now you can bid for your upgrade to Premium Economy.

Similar to the OS SmartUpgrade thread people should post ther bidding and results here.
Thanks for posting this.
Only for Premium Economy or also for business and first?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: M&M SEN
It's only from Economy to Premium Eco:
http://www.lufthansa.com/de/de/premium-economy-myoffer

Experience Premium Economy Class with ‘myOffer’

You have booked a long-haul flight in Economy Class but would like to experience the benefits of Premium Economy Class, such as a second piece of free baggage* or up to 50% more personal space on board? On many routes you can now take a very special opportunity for an upgrade: ‘myOffer’.

You can choose for yourself how much an upgrade is worth to you. You simply make Lufthansa an offer – and, with a bit of luck, you can get your upgrade at your price. Of course, this opportunity can be given only if Premium Economy Class is available on the flight you have booked.**

Check now if your booking is eligible for ‘myOffer’.

My Bookings

How to submit an offer

You will be notified if your booking is eligible for upgrading with ‘myOffer’.
Click on the link to the ‘myOffer’ page if an upgrade to Premium Economy Class is possible.
Now you can name the price that an upgrade is worth to you.***
Then you can enter your credit card details, review your offer and submit it.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail.
Any time up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight, you can still change or cancel your upgrade offer. Simply log in again under ‘My Bookings’ and modify your offer on the ‘myOffer’ page.

How we assess your upgrade offers

If you have submitted an offer, Lufthansa will notify you via e-mail no later than 36-24 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight whether you will receive the upgrade.

Before we start assessing the upgrade offers, every ticket for which we have received an offer will be once again reviewed with regard to the Terms & Conditions. If the booking has been modified, an upgrade is no longer possible.

If your offer has been accepted, you will receive the upgrade – in this case your credit card will be charged with the amount you have bid. You will receive new eTickets and boarding passes for Premium Economy Class when you check in for your flight. If your flight has to be cancelled due to bad weather or other disruptions, your upgrade will apply to the next possible flight.

If your offer has not been accepted, you will fly in Economy Class as originally booked and will not be charged any additional amounts.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
MyOffer Premium Economy bet

Booked today a flight FRA-IAD-MUC for early December, and saw that there's a possibility to bid for an upgrade to Premium Economy. Does anyone have experience with these upgrades, what are the lowest bets likely to be accepted?

The ticket is paid by my employer, but the upgrade price comes out of my own pocket, so I'm trying to minimize the cost

Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by ok986
Booked today a flight FRA-IAD-MUC for early December, and saw that there's a possibility to bid for an upgrade to Premium Economy. Does anyone have experience with these upgrades, what are the lowest bets likely to be accepted?

The ticket is paid by my employer, but the upgrade price comes out of my own pocket, so I'm trying to minimize the cost

Thanks!
I think you can bid for an upgrade only on Austrian.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by fanb
I think you can bid for an upgrade only on Austrian.
No, OP is correct, see this thread.

Mods should probably merge these threads.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:27 am

Sorry, I didn't see the previous thread. Thanks for merging!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: Skywards Silver

Thanks!
Don't know what your travel policy and relationship with your boss is like but I'd try and sweet talk them into "sponsoring" you €150 towards the bid. Since you're flying ex-DE I'm guessing you're heading to IAD for work. Tell them that it's a loooong 9hr+ flight and that you'd be more productive arriving there if you managed to get some rest onboard haha. Trying never hurts anyway.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:09 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum

Thanks!
I read that a new e-ticket will be issued with the new PE booking class. So before you bid you better make sure the PE booking class will earn mileage on your FF program. On UA, e.g., N and E currently do not earn any mileage.

HTB.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by htb
I read that a new e-ticket will be issued with the new PE booking class. So before you bid you better make sure the PE booking class will earn mileage on your FF program. On UA, e.g., N and E currently do not earn any mileage.

HTB.
Good point, htb. TK currently credits 100% to G and 0% to N, E. Do you think there's a way to know which class do these upgrades book into?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:17 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Good point, htb. TK currently credits 100% to G and 0% to N, E. Do you think there's a way to know which class do these upgrades book into?
Google is your friend.
To which booking class will I be rebooked?
The target booking class depends on the booking class of your original booking:
html_list

Y, B and M will be rebooked to G
U, H, Q and V will be rebooked to E
W, S, T, L, K and X will be rebooked to N
This looks like you'll have a hard time getting an upgrade when booked into "S" with no "N" available.

On the other hand, it looks like you can upgrade award tickets (as long as they are issued by LH).

HTB.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:30 am

My ticket is in H, so I'd be rebooked into E, which earns 0 miles with TK. H earns 100%. Dampens my enthusiasm for bidding
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:28 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
The other FFP's have not updated "E" going from bottom of the barrel Y to it being not a Y+
"G" is still a mid-price economy for most FFP's. And "N" IIRC was not used previously.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:11 am

SK EuroBonus has been updated.

G and E will credit 150%, N will credit 100%.

MyOffer also gives me an option to upgrade in Business now, probably since the 380 doesn't have PE yet. Interesting is that P and Z will only give 100% so an upgrade using MyOffer in PE gives better mileage at smaller cost or do they upgrade into C, D or J?

My upcoming FRA-JNB ranges for economy V to Business between 750€ and 1150€. Steep but I might get that approved.

Last edited by fassy; Nov 29, 2014 at 9:19 am
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
The other FFP's have not updated "E" going from bottom of the barrel Y to it being not a Y+
"G" is still a mid-price economy for most FFP's. And "N" IIRC was not used previously.
How is that an excuse?

If OW can adjust all programs' earnings to new PE products instantly why can't LH make sure that their buckets are recognised alliance wide? Oh wait that's because the *A is only an umbrella name and not a real alliance - LH doesn't want you to use any other *A partner, let alone having them to pay for your miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.