Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Has anyone tried Y+ bidding on FRA-MAA route? How are the prices?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:59 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can change the currency on the top right corner of the page.
I see @:-) that's interesting.

So bids for domestic flights can range between:
$55 - $170 or €45 - €150 or Ł40 - Ł130

and for flights between Germany and the rest of Europe:
$70 - $200 or €60 - €180 or Ł55 - Ł160

Consult your currency exchange table before making a bid.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Got an offer for ATL-FRA for USD245-660 range in myoffer. The same range was offered for FRA-ATL as well. Was offered a confirmed upgrade for ATL-FRA for USD275. I took it. Right after the myoffer for the return trip disappeared. I also have this message at the top of my reservation

Due to existing upgrades, your journey cannot be rebooked on LH.com. Kindly contact the Lufthansa Service Center for assistance.

Not sure if this is a glitch or something that is expected.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 10:27 am

Was that from Y to C, Y+ to C, or Y to Y+?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just bid EUR85 for MAN-MUC (lowest offer EUR80) and EUR65 for MUC-DUS (lowest offer EUR60). Did it for fun, really, and just to see how the process goes. Flights are in 10 days time.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Originally Posted by klausa
Was that from Y to C, Y+ to C, or Y to Y+?
It was for Y to Y+ in both cases.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:19 am

Is it normal for European flights to only get the option of Bidding for an upgrade now?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
In the booking itself the upgrade for a fixed price only shows if the required booking class is available.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
In the booking itself the upgrade for a fixed price only shows if the required booking class is available.
My booking has been showing this for ages and yet it fails on purchase due to P not being available. That's the second time in a month it has done this.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:00 am

I bid 635 EUR for Y+ --> C on GIG-FRA last week. Bid was accepted and my booking Details were changed 50 hours prior departure. Confirmation mail received just some hours before departure.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
I bid for a MyOffer upgrade from PE to Business, and prior to the flight received an email telling me that it wasn't successful, and that my credit card wouldn't be charged.

LH happily charged my credit card nevertheless, even though I was in PE. If you wish to avoid similar instances of being charged for something you didn't consume, I'd not suggest you try getting an upgrade using MyOffer.

Do so at the check in counter instead. I was offered an upgrade for just $600, lower than the $661 that they declined via MyOffer. Someone needs to get this thing sorted out.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:06 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by roverkt
I bid for a MyOffer upgrade from PE to Business, and prior to the flight received an email telling me that it wasn't successful, and that my credit card wouldn't be charged.

LH happily charged my credit card nevertheless, even though I was in PE. If you wish to avoid similar instances of being charged for something you didn't consume, I'd not suggest you try getting an upgrade using MyOffer.

Do so at the check in counter instead. I was offered an upgrade for just $600, lower than the $661 that they declined via MyOffer. Someone needs to get this thing sorted out.
Every time I have booked and refunded a ticket with LH, they have failed to refund the amount to my credit card.

I have had to follow-up numerous times in order to get the amount refunded.

It's absolutely ridiculous - especially as LH has reportedly invested/changed IT protocol/s so many times in the past 10 years!
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:54 am

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Every time I have booked and refunded a ticket with LH, they have failed to refund the amount to my credit card.

I have had to follow-up numerous times in order to get the amount refunded.

It's absolutely ridiculous - especially as LH has reportedly invested/changed IT protocol/s so many times in the past 10 years!
This sounds ridiculous. I got through customer service by phone but was told in the end that I had to go through my travel agent cos the ticket was bought through them. They finally admitted having charged me by mistake, but I hope I won't have to chase too hard on this one. Another big disincentive to use MyOffer I'm afraid.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:09 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by roverkt
...was told in the end that I had to go through my travel agent cos the ticket was bought through them. They finally admitted having charged me by mistake...
Classic LH response.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Hello LH gurus - my first time flying with LH and booked ORD to MUC on LH435 for the spring of 2017. We are in K economy and hoping to pay for an upgrade to business somehow. So far the bidding system is the only way that I see to try ahead of the flight. 2nd option is to try at check-in counter (sounds like preferred?) - am I understanding this correctly? Would you suggest I check-in nice and early and ask to pay for an upgrade? Does my fare class even allow it? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.