Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Old Mar 6, 2017, 6:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by soliloquy
I am booked in Economy for a flight from CLT to Munich with two other passengers.

It gives me the option to bid for Premium Economy or Business class. This is my first time bidding. Any idea where to start the bidding price for either class? How do you tell how many seats are left? Also, how are you all determining what seats are still open. I can't see the business class part of the plane (only aisle 22-46).

Bid the lowest, guestimate questions are answered here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ds-thread.html

Originally Posted by soliloquy
Also, is my understanding correct that if I pay for a seat assignment (which is $35.00 each way for my party of 3 or $210.00 total) and later I win a bid, I don't get my money back for the seat assignment because my ticket is nonrefundable?
Yes, no money back.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Myoffer terms have been updated effective 27MAR2017:

- no more increased luggage allowance if the bid is successful (primarily affects economy upgrades into PE &C)
- the new booking class reflects the initial booking class, so people booked in Y/B/M or G/E are not penalized in mileage earnings and book into E or Z.
- X or R awards are rebooked into R or I respectively

View Screen Capture
Westside Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Good news about the booking class. The luggage allowance enhancement is quite unfortunate...

For those wondering about offers made for flights after this cutoff date:

Only for offers that have been distributed to Lufthansa on or before 26 March 2017: An additional free checked bag
For offers made after 26 March 2017 the free baggage allowance corresponds to the free baggage allowance of the original ticket
More info in the myOffer FAQ on LH.com
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:14 am

So does that mean if you make an offer before that date, but it is accepted for a flight after that date (in our case, only a few days later), you'll still get the extra luggage allowance?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:09 pm

If I bid on premium economy with 3 people in a reservation is this an all or nothing situation? We'd prefer all 3 in economy or all 3 in premium economy, no splitting.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: LX SEN
I was in this situation and I enquired. The answer that I received was that all persons in the booking were either upgraded or not. And in my case, we both got upgraded.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
If we win the bid, how do we know if we will be able to sit together? My wife and I are looking to bid on a flight 2 months away that is about 50% full in business class.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:47 am

If you are under the same reservation #, the seat allocation software should put you together if seats are available. You can also manually choose your seats if your bid was successful.

This being said, I had occasions when I was not seating next to my travel mate, but the crew managed to have us seated together in C after boarding.

I would not worry too much.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Originally Posted by Nic33
If you are under the same reservation #, the seat allocation software should put you together if seats are available. You can also manually choose your seats if your bid was successful.

This being said, I had occasions when I was not seating next to my travel mate, but the crew managed to have us seated together in C after boarding.

I would not worry too much.
Thank you!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:18 am

If Lufthansa can't offer the normal paid upgrade on flights (where there is a fixed price, rather than bidding), does that mean that the loads in business are likely too high for a bid to be successful as well?

Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
If Lufthansa can't offer the normal paid upgrade on flights (where there is a fixed price, rather than bidding), does that mean that the loads in business are likely too high for a bid to be successful as well?
The normal paid upgrade is offered only if the corresponding booking class is available. This has no direct connection to the myoffer/plusgrade process.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:56 am

Thanks. How soon before a flight should I expect to hear about the bid result?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
question on bidding for upgrade

I have a RT from SFO To Venice in the fall booked in Premium Economy booking class N,(I think)

I am being told by L that I can not bid up to business with this booking class.This is a fare that is refundable minus a fee. It was not the cheapest PE fare. I had watched the fares for a while and when the 365 days window opened, I booked it. the lower fare that I had been watching was not available.SO do you have to buy the most expensive PE fare to bid?

So why can I not bid? I seem to recall people coach can bid for C. If someone can explain this, I would appreciate it.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:19 am

Dear Oskidunker, you can bid whatever you booking class is using the link "MyOffer: Your upgrade at your price" at the bottom right of your reservation page. Regards
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
[QUOTE=oliver2002;27997704]Bid the lowest, guestimate questions are answered here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ds-thread.html

Put in an offer for $575.00 just for the SFO MUN part. Not counting on getting it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.