Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket maliciously cancelled LH refuse to reinstate

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by weero
But no hackers breaks a target and then deletes a flight reservation. They are poor, they hunt for tangible benefits. This was beyond reasonable doubt not a 3rd party computer crime.

My money is still on an airline employee.
weero, I did say clearly that my statement was not related to OP... But to be honest, I would struggle to blame airline the way you do...

BTW, I am one of those PhD computer scientists , but I have not get single infection of my computer in my whole career starting back in 1985 (oh those old good days of "hackers" and "crackers" - if you know the difference)!!!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by vbroucek
weero, I did say clearly that my statement was not related to OP... But to be honest, I would struggle to blame airline the way you do...
Well and I clearly agreed with you on the IT part. Regarding the airline, I gave my reasons. If party A has the means to cause incident B and does profit from incident B, it takes hard evidence to convince me of their innocence.

To blame a nonexistent hacker with aimless ill intent ... well those are media stories.
BTW, I am one of those PhD computer scientists , but I have not get single infection of my computer in my whole career starting back in 1985 (oh those old good days of "hackers" and "crackers" - if you know the difference)!!!
I had tons of infections on my machine park. If you have students, you get malware there's no way around it. But hey no infection is nearly as bad as having antivirus software on the machine.
Originally Posted by vbroucek
..I just rebooted my ADSL modem...
My sincere condolences!

I love Australia's nature but there's a hefty price to pay for that.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Back in the early days of my travelling career I was sat in a departure lounge checking some emails when a stray ball of paper hit my head. It was thrown from some distance by a man who was aiming at a bin but had turned around and walked off before even checking it had reached its intended target. I was going to throw it back with some hot sauce before I noticed it was a print out of his LH booking. I was able to log in to his booking and was moments from cancelling it outright (potentially leaving him stranded in Kiev) but got cold feet at the last minute as I was convinced my actions could be traced back to me. It would have been so simple though...
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roberino
Back in the early days of my travelling career I was sat in a departure lounge checking some emails when a stray ball of paper hit my head. It was thrown from some distance by a man who was aiming at a bin but had turned around and walked off before even checking it had reached its intended target. I was going to throw it back with some hot sauce before I noticed it was a print out of his LH booking. I was able to log in to his booking and was moments from cancelling it outright (potentially leaving him stranded in Kiev) but got cold feet at the last minute as I was convinced my actions could be traced back to me. It would have been so simple though...
Would have been far more fun just to throw the stray ball back at the man- no ?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
.... I wanted to change him to a middle seat.
Now THAT is evil....
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:36 am
m44

Programs: USAir
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
I say: not the problem of LH.
Your friend alone - and not LH - is responsible for the safety of her data.
Totally irresponsible and unreasonable statements above.

As consumers we have no rights and no capability of protecting the data on Lufthansa system. Regardless how one obtained PRN - this number is on every public travel document - paper or electronic. Nearly anyone in the travel industry has access to it. In most EU countries any lowest ranking law enforcement, bailif, court janitor have access to it without a court of prosecutor's order.
It is LH that permits anybody to access and alter reservations based on unsecured practically public two pieces of information.
Besides - had it not been for greediness of airlines in imposing unearned fees and penalties for "change ticket" we would not have this discussion - wouldn't we?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:05 pm

Ticket maliciously cancelled LH refuse to reinstate

I would say Lufthansa should have simply reinstated the booking. It is their responsibility to be sure the person making the change is in fact the passenger.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by aerophil
I would say Lufthansa should have simply reinstated the booking. It is their responsibility to be sure the person making the change is in fact the passenger.
We are talking about LH here, not some empathetic sentient being.

No one expect LH had any interest in cancelling the OP's ticket. Flight went Y0 which indicates that very likely hefty IDB compensation is due.

I understand that this is not hard evidence but if you have demonstrated ill intent (LH management) and a strong motive, I'd not waste time on blaming Raëlian, Bilderbergs, Illuminati, Anonymous, the CCC, or the Patriarchy for the action.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.