Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MUC Terminal 2 Satellite

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The new gates that the T2S will bring are not enough for MUC T2, so the apron will still be used for regional flights (eg the 'Air Dolomiti park' in the north of T2S, etc). T2S brings 27 additional gates, so the total will now be 51. LH is stationing all A346 in MUC and will bring the new A359 deliveries to MUC too. So MUC will expand and need those gates for longhaul and mainline feeder flights.

Long story short: if you arrive at a jetbridge, no limo for HON/F, but regional on apron will get the limo as before.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by mucfly1234
Hello, I was recently told by a driver of the FCL in Munich that with the extension in Terminal 2, all HON and First Class guests are supposed to take also the underground conveyor belt passenger moving system (or whatever it is called) just like any other passenger. Not sure what kind of inconvenience it is but it sure is a bit disappointing. There will be almost no outside positions anymore as so many gates are added so they practically plan to give up the limousine service. Can anyone confirm?
I have not heard that but would at the same time not expect any limo service to gate positions on the other side. I would expect small planes (CRJ) to remain APRON arrivals so if they don't offer the limo to/from these anymore, that would be disappointing. Taking the train from T2S to T2N vv. however sounds totally acceptable and is actually pretty much the same in FRA where limo is for APRON only (and from FCT which doesn't exist in MUC).
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
I have heard that apron positions will be minimal as LH is planning to eliminate most RJ from MUC. I have also heard that no limo service to Gate positions (same as today)
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by KP2006
I have heard that apron positions will be minimal as LH is planning to eliminate most RJ from MUC.
Not really. All E195 service offered by EN will stay, the CL 19x fleet will go to OS, but CRJ900 will take their place. Even if most or all of the RJ fleet goes away, 51 gate positions will not be enough to serve all the routes, so you will see A32S parking on the apron and pax being bussed in/out.

The T1 B/C pier will start construction to be expanded after T2S is done, so expect some traffic from there to be (re)located to T2.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:18 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The T1 B/C pier will start construction to be expanded after T2S is done, so expect some traffic from there to be (re)located to T2.
Will TK move back to T2 after the opening of the satellite?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
Will TK move back to T2 after the opening of the satellite?
If their handling agent Havas can find a spot there. The reason they moved to T1 was their insistence to use a new handling agent.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:16 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
If their handling agent Havas can find a spot there. The reason they moved to T1 was their insistence to use a new handling agent.
Interesting, I didn't know that. I was just hoping that everone would get their act together (I hate T1 and the lounge there) and live the *A matra "move under one roof"...

Who else would be potentially moving to T2 (temporarily) as you have alluded?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by mucfly1234
...all HON and First Class guests...
Guests? These people pay, they're paying passengers and they're nobody's guests. If, instead of a price increase for what they buy they get a slightly "cheaper" product, so be it. 40 seconds in whatchamacallit is not the end of the world. Conclusion: HON and First Class can't buy happiness
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Well they market it as the HON-lounge open for Lufthansa First class customers.
The senator lounge is the designated star alliance first class lounge.

It's all in the creative wording like the difference between venerating/worshipping rimowas
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
Interesting, I didn't know that. I was just hoping that everone would get their act together (I hate T1 and the lounge there) and live the *A matra "move under one roof"...

Who else would be potentially moving to T2 (temporarily) as you have alluded?
T1B will be expanded starting 2019: http://ausschreibungen-deutschland.d..._2015_Freising

4U already moved to T2 last month, I would expect TK to follow in Summer 2016 (if they either get Havas to T2 or ditch them). Then some non-ME3 or OW should follow, my bet is on Condor.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:48 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Anyone a guess of the number of First/Hon per day

Originally Posted by Pat+
Lufthansa will open a new satellite building at Munich airport in April 2016. The airline has announced that they would use the opportunity to add another five lounges spanning 4,000 sq. ft. basically doubling the current lounge space.

Even more surprising, in light of the reduction in First Class capacity system wide: there will be a new, second First Class lounge, at the top of the building.

More details at loungereview.com (full disclosure, I have contributed to this blog post):
https://loungereview.com/lufthansa-t...unich-airport/
It would be very interesting to haven an estimate/guess of the daily number of the First/Hon passengers travelling through that terminal per day.

Whereas it is easy to count the A340 daily flights and multiply the 8 seats with seat load factor it is not easy to estimate the number of HONs.

I just assume that 1,000 square meters is a very huge and comfortable area for this high-yield class of passengers. ^

A guess just out of curiosity would be fine.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:10 am

4U already moved to T2 last month, I would expect TK to follow in Summer 2016 (if they either get Havas to T2 or ditch them).
TK just ditched Havas, who is quitting MUC as of 01MAR2016.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:09 am

The tests have begun this month:

http://lufthansaflyer.boardingarea.c...-terminal-2-r/
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by gum
It would be very interesting to haven an estimate/guess of the daily number of the First/Hon passengers travelling through that terminal per day.

Whereas it is easy to count the A340 daily flights and multiply the 8 seats with seat load factor it is not easy to estimate the number of HONs.

I just assume that 1,000 square meters is a very huge and comfortable area for this high-yield class of passengers. ^

A guess just out of curiosity would be fine.
But its 1,000 square FEET. Thats 92 square meters.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by barimba
But its 1,000 square FEET. Thats 92 square meters.
The actual press release says meters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.