Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Kamingespräch 2014: post your questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Kamingespräch 2014: post your questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Maybe someone from LH just asked him: 'how come you continue to book J & Y on regional flights even though you bitterly complain about it on FT'
I did 9 hours of NEK "Business Class" fyling yesterday.
Could have been worse as I seem to have gotten used to it.
(Still won't stop me to have a good old rant now and then)
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Last year we were told "the peak of the frequent flyer program may be behind us," and that, "the peak of the alliance may be behind us..."

Can we confirm that those peaks are indeed behind us?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by N1003U
Last year we were told "the peak of the frequent flyer program may be behind us," and that, "the peak of the alliance may be behind us..."

Can we confirm that those peaks are indeed behind us?
Looks like not only the alliances are unravelling fast but also the "fully integrated" LH group airlines.
Seemingless travel a thing o the past.
Checkin for OS and LX no longer possible with LH checkin machines. Separate checkin desks for OS and LX.
Hotlines that cannot touch OS or LX tickets, etc, etc.
Not to mention the wonderful 4U integration.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by htb
Are there any plans to reverse elements specifically designed to alienate loyal customers, e.g.

- upgrade by booking class, not by status
- reduced mileage earnings even for rather expensive tickets S and up, combined with 100k for *G

HTB.
+1

And another one: when will they reduce their scam surcharges, now that oil prices are sliding?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:44 pm

And one more question: Please ask management who came up with the "glorious" idea of status stars ... the most stupid loyalty innovation of the year. Really.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
And one more question: Please ask management who came up with the "glorious" idea of status stars ... the most stupid loyalty innovation of the year. Really.
This is an easy one: the 2y old son of one of the members of the board of directors.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by htb
Are there any plans to reverse elements specifically designed to alienate loyal customers, e.g.

- reduced mileage earnings even for rather expensive tickets S and up, combined with 100k for *G

HTB.
+1 to these.

Also, are they aware that selling exit row seats in Y now means that more often than not SENs and HONs are unable to reserve them?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
When the advance seat reservation scheme was rolled out I was told, Hons and Sens can reserve for them and their family for free.
The execution seems more limited.
In fact this is not steered via status alone but via PNR with the effect that a max of 4 people only sitting in the same cabin class can get the ASR for free. Families of 5 and more in different classes or with different forms of payment (revenue or reward) are excluded.
Are there plans to harmonize this with other status perks like lounge access where a Hon can bring his immediate family and a guest?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:47 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by mamb0
When the advance seat reservation scheme was rolled out I was told, Hons and Sens can reserve for them and their family for free.
The execution seems more limited.
In fact this is not steered via status alone but via PNR with the effect that a max of 4 people only sitting in the same cabin class can get the ASR for free. Families of 5 and more in different classes or with different forms of payment (revenue or reward) are excluded.
Are there plans to harmonize this with other status perks like lounge access where a Hon can bring his immediate family and a guest?
+1

You realize that there as always two ways of harmonizing this? I hope LH will not in their usual fashion reduce the ASR options to those in the PNR but rather find a way to deliver what they promised...
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by htb

HTB.
+1
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: SPG Plat, M&M SEN
Originally Posted by htb

HTB.
+1
Old Oct 18, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
My $ 0.02 (or €0.02!)

Picking up of some of the comments from Sphor at the last meet (who I felt was excellent)

"How's life as a transactional airline, one year on"?

"How does LH plan to leverage M&M to improve PRASM"?

"Safely aside, what does LH Group believe it's competitive advantage is"?

"Given that the *A appears to be fracturing, what's the strategy to combat the ME4"?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Wickersley
Picking up of some of the comments from Sphor at the last meet (who I felt was excellent)

"Given that the *A appears to be fracturing, what's the strategy to combat the ME4"?
+1
Old Oct 18, 2014, 3:17 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond

+2
Old Oct 19, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton

+3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.