Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Being dumped by the LH-maschine. Should status or paid fare decide the upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Being dumped by the LH-maschine. Should status or paid fare decide the upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by weero
I flew LH a fair bit this year, as I love, love the A380 and the flying style of the LH pilots ...
How do you distinguish between the flying style of LH pilots and others?
What separates LH style?

I certainly feel safe flying LH, but recently I flew A380 with LH to Joburg, and returned on the A380 with Air France. I can't really say that I felt any significant difference in the way the machines were flown…
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Kleffen
How do you distinguish between the flying style of LH pilots and others?
What separates LH style?

I certainly feel safe flying LH, but recently I flew A380 with LH to Joburg, and returned on the A380 with Air France. I can't really say that I felt any significant difference in the way the machines were flown…
I haven't flown AF in years and the the terrible 2009 accident is probably inappropriate to mention here .... but I fly SQ and UA a lot and they both make zero effort to avoid bad weather, turbulence, and adverse winds. The SIN-ZRH or SIN-FRA ride is always a shake fest and it ruins the benefit of the vastly superior seats entirely. I sleep better in LH Y and C than on SQ simply because the pilots do not always test how much the airframe can take.

My favourite carrier in that aspect was QF where the pilots proactively inform about weather avoidance detours and how much time they cost. Very, very professional IMO. But unfortunately QF dumped FRA and went halal on the LHR route .. so I only use them on the SIN-OZ routes anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.