Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH first class seats assigned as business [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2009, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Exclamation LH first class seats assigned as business [merged]

I had the pleasure to burn miles on flights that were SOLD as a two class service only, but actually FLOWN by a three class configured aircraft. those typically were routes served by the 346, DEN, CPT, spring to mind.
in my human greed to maximise my travel experience (and sit in F), does anyone know if such routes still exist or was that an interim measure while some of the 346 were undergoing a conversion (certainly CPT is now sold as a three class service)?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 5:15 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
This was only interim. I could still happen on 2-class routes, but only very rarely and probably last minute after some unscheduled aircraft changes.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks, SoG.
do you have a list (or link) of what those two-class routes are for the upcoming Winter season though?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 7:02 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by yapak2
Thanks, SoG.
do you have a list (or link) of what those two-class routes are for the upcoming Winter season though?
No, don't have a list. There are few remaining cities served by some of the remaining two-class A340-300 ex FRA. ATL, PHL, DFW and YYC come to my mind.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:26 am

Does LH ever use F class for J class passengers?

Was selecting seats today on a LH flight from ADD-FRA and was able to select seats in row 1 dispite the seat chart showing this as first class seats. Does LH sometimes operate a 3 class aircraft with a 2 class service?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:32 am

I have not heard of this happening, but I could certainly be wrong.

Are you sure the seat is in a first class cabin? First on a 330/340/380 is always 1-2-1 and J is always 2-2-2. The 747 F is now four rows of 1-1. This is the best way to be sure.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Mogensen
Was selecting seats today on a LH flight from ADD-FRA and was able to select seats in row 1 dispite the seat chart showing this as first class seats. Does LH sometimes operate a 3 class aircraft with a 2 class service?
Yes. The seats upfront are usually reserved for day of departure/HON/SEN.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:55 am

Indeed, they do. I had the same situation on a FRA-YYZ last year. I believe this will happen mostly on flights with old F, where F sales are suspended until LH gets all their F cabins converted to new F. You basically get an (arguably) better seat with more room, but same C service.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Lack
Yes. The seats upfront are usually reserved for day of departure/HON/SEN.
Not in my case. I was on a discounted J ticket on AC stock with LH codeshare flights, had no status to speak of at the time, and was able to select these seats pretty much at time of booking.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:51 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ss-flight.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...frankfurt.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ght-ala-2.html
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by blue2002
Indeed, they do. I had the same situation on a FRA-YYZ last year. I believe this will happen mostly on flights with old F, where F sales are suspended until LH gets all their F cabins converted to new F. You basically get an (arguably) better seat with more room, but same C service.
Good to know, I didn't realize that.

While the old LH F is not that great by F standards, I disagree that it is only arguably better than LH J. I think the old LH F seat is still much better than LH J.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:07 pm

Ok - so it has happend before. Funny thing is that this flight is In jan2012 so it must be either a glitch or perhaps that this route Will no longer be using f.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:17 am

It looks as though they are not selling F on that flight from Jan 1 to March 29, 2012.
F cabin is available again starting March 30 - maybe they have seasonal F service on that route?
I have 2 seats in F on that route booked for July.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by blue2002
..You basically get an (arguably) better seat with more room, but same C service.
Arguably ?

The antique LH F sofa is super-cozy and the LH C seat is one of the worst in the skies when it comes to sleeping. It's ok to work though, so I won't try to sleep in that thing.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:02 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by will2288
While the old LH F is not that great by F standards, I disagree that it is only arguably better than LH J. I think the old LH F seat is still much better than LH J.
Unless, of course, you take in-seat entertainment into the equation.

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.