Wiki Posts
Search

FRA to ADD via JED - Change planes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2014, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
FRA to ADD via JED - Change planes?

I will be flying to ADD from FRA via JED.

Will I be getting off the plane in JED? Is it just one boarding pass all the way through?

Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
You will not be getting off in JED at all. You will get a single boarding pass from FRA to ADD. JED is just a stop for re-fueling and off loading passengers heading for there.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, M&M Frequent Traveller
Just my 2 cents: I would fly FRA-ADD direct with Ethiopian instead in case you are flying in J. The stop is kind of annoying and Ethiopian in C on the 787 is quite okay. Definitely not worse than the old LH...
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:36 pm

Unhappy LH 599 stop in Jeddah

Hi all --

I booked a trip from DAR - ADD - FRA - DEN using United miles. I've just found out that the ADD-FRA leg (LH599) stops in JDD. My itineraries from both United and Lufthansa do not mention this stop; it is only when I confirmed my seat with Ethiopian (from DAR to ADD) that I saw it listed on their itinerary. I am a dual US/Israeli citizen. While I'll be traveling on an American passport, my understanding is that I am not welcome in Saudi. Is this stop simply refueling and you don't have to get off the plane? Or do you have to go through any kind of immigration or customs or anything?? I'm kind of panicking, and United won't change my flights unless I change dates because there aren't award seats available. I'm flying Jan 11-12, so I have some time, but I'd like to get this taken care of. Any advice is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:38 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No worries, its a technical stop for all practical purposes: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ge-planes.html

The Saudis are extremely restrictive whom they let to enter their country so the pax for FRA or ADD stay on board.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by DenverRN
Hi all --

I booked a trip from DAR - ADD - FRA - DEN using United miles. I've just found out that the ADD-FRA leg (LH599) stops in JDD.
JED - not JDD. JDD is Wood County, TX, USA.

Those typos can have major impacts.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
You'll stay on board. No worries.

Unless.....

Plane has a major technical problem and everybody has to leave it. ;-)
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Some time ago I did the FRA - Asmara route with a stop in JED. The only issue was that all booze was locked up prior to landing, but was opened again after take off. Other than a crew change and some pax disembarking, also some cleaners came on board, there was no issue. Frankly, the stop could have been anywhere..........
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:56 am

I understand that you feel uncomfortable with such a stop. But no worries, since you hold an American passport you would be fine even in the event of an unforeseen layover in JED. You would not even have any issues if you just held an Israeli passport.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:41 am

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I think I'll just leave things as they are and sleep through my hour in SA.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:12 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
I understand that you feel uncomfortable with such a stop. But no worries, since you hold an American passport you would be fine even in the event of an unforeseen layover in JED. You would not even have any issues if you just held an Israeli passport.
This. I have two passports as well with my German passport having several Israeli entry/exit stamps *AND* two visa to the KSA. They didn't care at all when I applied for the visa and entered the KSA multiple times.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:11 am

LH599, stop-over in Jeddah?

Hello,

I am flying on LH599 over the weekend which is listed as a ADD-FRA flight, but stops in JED. Has anybody been on this exact flight or has similar experiences being on LH flights that has a 'hidden' stop?

From flightaware I can see that the flight typically spends ~90 minutes on the ground in JED and I'm curious as to what the "ground experience" will be. Specifically:

- Will passengers flying to FRA have to disembark an re-board?
- If not, is it ok to recline and go into full-sleeper mode (flying in C)?

Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by js200
Hello,

I am flying on LH599 over the weekend which is listed as a ADD-FRA flight, but stops in JED. Has anybody been on this exact flight or has similar experiences being on LH flights that has a 'hidden' stop?

From flightaware I can see that the flight typically spends ~90 minutes on the ground in JED and I'm curious as to what the "ground experience" will be. Specifically:

- Will passengers flying to FRA have to disembark an re-board?
- If not, is it ok to recline and go into full-sleeper mode (flying in C)?

Thanks a lot!
Hi,

- you do not disembark in Jed
- they do re-fuelling and ask pax to be in their seats with the safety belts off.
I have never tried to be in full sleeper mode so I cannot tell.
It is a bit disturbing because many people board the plane so not very good for sleeping.

Have a good flight!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

- you do not disembark in Jed
- they do re-fuelling and ask pax to be in their seats with the safety belts off.
I have never tried to be in full sleeper mode so I cannot tell.
It is a bit disturbing because many people board the plane so not very good for sleeping.

Have a good flight!

Thanks a lot, more4less - much appreciated ^

Also, thanks to the moderator for linking this with the prior thread.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by js200
If not, is it ok to recline and go into full-sleeper mode (flying in C)?
FWIW, two years ago I had a technical stop on GYD with LH and I slept all the way through.

No one even asked me to unbuckle the seat belt while on the ground, which is supposed to be mandatory when refuelling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.