Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guests in LH F

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:18 am

SK also prints the X or I on the BP. Usually as a smaller letter next to the class of service - so you will see C I
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by N1003U
Quote:

From my own experience, I will defend LH on this subject. I have never been treated any better or worse in an LH F lounge based on my paid class of service (Be it F, A, O, or guest of HON). Never ever, not even once. Not saying it never happens, but I have neither seen nor experienced such behavior by FCT/FCL staff in my years flying LH.

I have experienced lazy, apathetic and or rude staff in F facilities, but it is an extreme exception and has (as nearly as I can discern) nothing to do with how much I paid or didn't pay for my ticket.
May I add a firm +1 !!!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
Hence why the staff in the FCT/FCL acts rude to some guests.
There are many staff members you may meet when in the FCT. But only the personal assistant in the lobby gets to see the boarding pass. So how should all the others know?

And when you board the plane, usually only the FA at the door gets to see the boarding pass.

Last edited by PlaneHunter; Sep 1, 2014 at 5:53 pm
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by PlaneHunter
And when you board the plane, usually only the FA at the door gets to see the boarding pass. The ones who have served me hadn't seen it.
Isn't it printed on the passenger manifest? I mean the printout that all FAs have that includes your status (SEN, HON etc.)
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by MoritzT
Isn't it printed on the passenger manifest? I mean the printout that all FAs have that includes your status (SEN, HON etc.)
It is, they know who or what you are. There's also a new category called Mxer (Maximizer)
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
Hence why the staff in the FCT/FCL acts rude to some guests.
Do you have specific instances or just generalizations? In many trips to FCLs and FCTs I've never seen a pax be treated poorly by LH staff. Sometimes I see DYKWIA guy traveling on miles acting like a jackass and even then LH'ers are trying to be as pleasant as possible.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
In many trips to FCLs and FCTs I've never seen a pax be treated poorly by LH staff. Sometimes I see DYKWIA guy traveling on miles acting like a jackass and even then LH'ers are trying to be as pleasant as possible.
+1, esp. to the DYKWIA
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:21 am

It is, they know who or what you are. There's also a new category called Mxer (Maximizer)
is the Mxer status deduced automatically based on your booking class?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:34 am

Always treated nicely in lounges and inflight regardless of how much or with what I paid for the ticket .

I would have strongly objected to a gathering in F promptly , and have done so in the past , no issues there with the FA or purser.
Even done it in C on " long " short haul , promptly fixed by the FA , and much appreciated by fellow C pax.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
I don't want to know how you are calling those who are stranded in the lounge due to weather ...
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
May I add a firm +1 !!!
+2.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
+3

I'm not as experienced on LH as most people here, but in my 4 times in LH F (all upgraded from paid C), 4 times in C (a couple paid, a couple upgraded), I have always been extremely impressed by the professionalism and courtesy of LH employees.

In fact, it's almost creepy how once my UA paper GPU clears, the staff at the LH ticket counter seamlessly transition to treating me as someone with a first class ticket.

Also, on MoritzT's comment about DYKWIA's....I just flew SFO-MUC and there was a horrible DYKWIA guy in row 2, going on and on about how disappointed he was to be in a non-renovated A340-600, how LH F doesn't measure up, how he's rich, etc etc. The LH cabin crew were extremely appropriate and professional in dealing with him.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I usually use miles to upgrade to F, but the one time I used a UA GPU to upgrade at the airport, the agent was thrilled for me! She kept saying how happy she was that they had the space.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:43 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
How does it matter what type of ticket the OP or the mother and daughter were travelling on?
To the cabin crew it matters a lot, at least if they were on a friends and family rate.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by endrond
+3

I'm not as experienced on LH as most people here, but in my 4 times in LH F (all upgraded from paid C), 4 times in C (a couple paid, a couple upgraded), I have always been extremely impressed by the professionalism and courtesy of LH employees.

In fact, it's almost creepy how once my UA paper GPU clears, the staff at the LH ticket counter seamlessly transition to treating me as someone with a first class ticket.

Also, on MoritzT's comment about DYKWIA's....I just flew SFO-MUC and there was a horrible DYKWIA guy in row 2, going on and on about how disappointed he was to be in a non-renovated A340-600, how LH F doesn't measure up, how he's rich, etc etc. The LH cabin crew were extremely appropriate and professional in dealing with him.
Same as you with 4 F flights, 2 FCT experiences all on award flights and i have
never, ever had a LH purser, FA, PA, lounge attendant, anyone treat me anything else but in the most pleasant and wonderful manner. I don't know what peoples expectations are but I'm glad they don't fall all over themselves to serve me. Proper training ensures they don't bow and scrape! rather they are cordial and discrete! Anyway... 4 tatl flights is pretty small set but, I've just had no disappointments other than the internet and inflight maps were out on one flight. Wonderful crew on that flight tho.

To contribute, I would have merely mentioned to an FA that a little more peace in the cabin would be nice. I'm sure they would have seen to it regardless of your ticket codes.

Last edited by Hadrian35; Sep 6, 2014 at 12:58 pm Reason: to contribute...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.