Wiki Posts
Search

LH F/C vs. LX F/C

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by SilverKris
Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for pitching in, I think you've all really helped to put things in perspective.

I think that we'll end up going with LX C. I just have one last questions:

What is the best way to upgrade these leg?

I don't have any M+M points, although I do have 100k AMEX MR and 70K Chase UR points. It looks like neither transfer to SWISS though, and I don't think I can upgrade through SIA since I'm not booking through them.

Does SWISS allow paid upgrades on the cheap? At the airport or before?

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks guys!
I know that Swiss offers paid upgrades at check-in and on the plane from Y->C (around 600USD), but not sure about C->F (I heard something like 1500USD in the past, but can't find any reference to it)
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by volta
I know that Swiss offers paid upgrades at check-in and on the plane from Y->C (around 600USD), but not sure about C->F (I heard something like 1500USD in the past, but can't find any reference to it)
Got it!

Anyone else confirm that C-->F upgrades at the time of checkin are $1500/pp?? That seems like an awful lot - it actually comes out to a higher over price as compared to just buying F outright!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: 1 MM Skymiles,Marriott GLD
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do a cost-benefit analysis here on a roundtrip flight for two, Boston - Florence (Italy). There is no non-stop, and we are amenable to the stop being in FRA/MUC/ZUR.

Unfortunately, we don't have the points required and so are considering paid tickets in either C or F, on either LH or LX.

The airlines price out about the same, 5000 for C and 7700 for F.

What is the consensus on F versus C for this price differential?

If you were choosing between the two airlines, considering in flight experience/lounges/etc, which would you choose?

Put another way, for the same price: LH F vs. LX F, and LH C vs LX C.

....with the second question being whether or not 2700/pp is worth the C -->F bump.

Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by captainiglo

In C I'd rather go with LX over LH, in F probably LH over LX
+1
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by volta
Got it!

Anyone else confirm that C-->F upgrades at the time of checkin are $1500/pp?? That seems like an awful lot - it actually comes out to a higher over price as compared to just buying F outright!
The offer was 1700 EUR the other day in HKG for a C to F cash upgrade. This was a "special promotion" they said.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
The offer was 1700 EUR the other day in HKG for a C to F cash upgrade. This was a "special promotion" they said.
I wonder what the standard price is, then...
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
I inquired about a C to F upgrade at JFK (to ZRH), a few weeks back, and was quoted the difference between my fare and the available F fare, which was in excess of USD2,000. This was on an Edelwiese flight on LX metal, manned and operated by LX crew (felt like I was flying LX - not sure where Edelwiese comes into the picture) and ticketed by LH. No specials that day.

They did however have a Y to C upgrade promotion going on ...something like USD600-800.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by mmff
I wonder what the standard price is, then...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.