Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pilot strikes in Autumn / Fall 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Sorry but they will not keep talking - I doubt that!
If Thursday fails - the the strike will be on the weekend of September 6th just as I predicted earlier - and to be honest I think the Thursday meeting is just a masquerade for them to "show" they tried again....
Unless LH puts out a new offer nothing is going to stop them from a strike!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:45 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its seems they are now only discussing the pension fund issues, the increase is no longer on the table: http://www.vcockpit.de/presse/presse...lufthansa.html
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Odd question:
I have an airfasttickets.de booking for the sept5-7 weekend, MUC-BRU r/t. If the strike is happening around that time, who should I call for refund/reroute? AFT is in a semi-bankruptcy and is suspended by IATA so I doubt they can do much with my ticket. And the complicate things the flights are SN coded, LH operated and 082 ticket stock. (yes yes I know, but it was too cheap)
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Always the operating carrier!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
Just heard on the radio that Germanwings pilots will be striking Friday (Aug 29) morning!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:29 pm

http://www.vcockpit.de/presse/presse...gust-2014.html
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:32 am

The good thing about creating all those wings: Whenever one of them is on strike, it's not affecting the whole company.

The bad thing: It will happen even more frequently that way
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:52 am

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0GS0A620140828
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:04 am

Like their colleagues in other Lufthansa units, the pilots at low-cost carrier Germanwings want the management to maintain the scheme that allows them to retire early at 55 and still keep some of their pay until they reach the age at which state pension payments start.
Quite amazing.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:36 am

will this effect flights to Germany from the states on Monday?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by ak0329
will this effect flights to Germany from the states on Monday?
4U does not fly from or to the US, so you should be safe regarding tomorrow's strike action.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:01 am

Rumors of possible Pilot strikes in September

Hi, flying tomorrow LHR-FRA-DRS on LH. Due to the 4U strike I expect some disruptions. Will it be best to have my FTL or A3*G in the booking for better disruption prio, just in case? It's an award ticket X in Eco... Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Stupid question: Germanwings has nothing to do with Lufthansa Cityline, right ? We have a flight ZRH-MUC under an LH flight number which is operated by Lufthansa Cityline.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:07 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Current travel information

Pilot union announces intermittent strikes

Cockpit, the pilot union, has announced it intends to strike on 29th August between 6 am and midday.

The strike will have a considerable impact on flight operations to and from Germany and on domestic German connections.

Germanwings has released a replacement flight shedule. Please check here, if your flight is affected.

Where there are delays, we would ask passengers to be at the airport at the latest two hours before the new departure time.

Passengers affected by flight cancellations can rebook to a different date or cancel their flight free of charge regardless of the fare originally booked. You can also rebook or cancel after the strike by phone, online or on your mobile.

Germanwings flights operated by Eurowings will not be affected by this strike. Please check your flight status regularly.

--

Free Rebooking and Cancellation

If your Germanwings flight is cancelled, you can change the date or cancel it free of charge by going online both before and after the scheduled departure time.

--

Please note:

If your booking is an etix® ticket number (e.g. 220-1111111111), if you booked a Germanwings flight at Lufthansa.com or with one of our partner airlines, please contact Lufthansa or the partner airline's reservation agency to change your flight date.

If you booked your flight via a travel agency, please contact them directly.

--

Alternative transport with Deutsche Bahn

If your domestic Germanwings flight is cancelled, you can use a different mode of transport, Deutsche Bahn, for example. You can purchase a rail ticket yourself at station ticket offices or using Deutsche Bahn's ticket machines. Please note in this case, in principle Germanwings will only refund the original flight fare, meaning you may incur extra costs. This principle is also valid for other modes of transport. If you are already at your departure airport, you can acquire your tickets from the Germanwings ticket desk.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by huegli
Stupid question: Germanwings has nothing to do with Lufthansa Cityline, right ? We have a flight ZRH-MUC under an LH flight number which is operated by Lufthansa Cityline.
Nope germanwings and Cityline are two different things. Only flights with 4U flight numbers will be affected. 4U does not operate out of FRA and MUC, so no worries there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.