New C on LH: Type of headphones

Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:58 am
Original Poster

New C on LH: Type of headphones

I'm flying LH DFW>FRA in August in the new C class. Does anyone know what type of noise canceling headphone they use. IIRC, they use Sennheisers but are they open or closed like the Bose?
Thanks in advance
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Open Sennheiser:

Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Actually the entire fleet is being transitioned to Bose QC3s as the digital ink dries on this post! Might take a while but those Sennies are being phased out.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hamallu
Actually the entire fleet is being transitioned to Bose QC3s as the digital ink dries on this post! Might take a while but those Sennies are being phased out.
Interesting. Audiophiles refer to Bose as Blose :-). For home audio that's not inaccurate IMO. But their headphones are decent and have an off switch so you can converse with the FA w/o removing the phones. I believe they are closed , over ear so the sound isolation might be better than the Senns.

I only use NC phones for the IFE. For music I have 2 high end universal IEMs and one custom running through an Ipod Classic into a Ray Samuels amp. Yes, I'm an Audiofool :-)
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:54 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by tomjtx
Interesting. Audiophiles refer to Bose as Blose :-). For home audio that's not inaccurate IMO. But their headphones are decent and have an off switch so you can converse with the FA w/o removing the phones. I believe they are closed , over ear so the sound isolation might be better than the Senns.

I only use NC phones for the IFE. For music I have 2 high end universal IEMs and one custom running through an Ipod Classic into a Ray Samuels amp. Yes, I'm an Audiofool :-)
Haha, had a similar conversation regarding Bose vs. Sennheisers over in the CX forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...provement.html

Just to note, the QC3 are closed and supra-aural whilst the old Sennheiser HDC 55 is semi-open but still supra-aural. The only "over ear" circumaural headphones that LH offers is in F with the Bose QC15. Never came across any open NC headphones, think being open would kinda defeat the NC function!

Also, both the QC3 and QC15 are customised so they don't have the removable batteries or buttons on them so you'd still need to remove your cans to converse with the FAs properly. I personally travel with a pair of Sennheiser MM 550-X, have had enough of snagging headphone cords around objects!!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by hamallu
Also, both the QC3 and QC15 are customised so they don't have the removable batteries or buttons on them so you'd still need to remove your cans to converse with the FAs properly.
Hope they are marked accordingly, so people don't take them home
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that info, hamallu
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:34 am

Hello everyone.
Is it possible to use LH headphones in C with iPad/Macbook which i will take with me on board?
I fly to SFO on 4 Aug (old C) and on 6 Sep from LAX (new C)

Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:46 am

Unlikely, unless you have an adapter from one prong to 2-3 prong.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Unlikely, unless you have an adapter from one prong to 2-3 prong.
Thnx. Don't you know why they use 2-3 pong headphones? I can gess that it is dont to prevent people from taking them home?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:25 am

The third prong is for the power supply to the noise cancellation part of the headset.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The third prong is for the power supply to the noise cancellation part of the headset.
Will this noise cancellation part work with ipad and adapter?

Thank you, Oliver for your helpful answers!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:05 am

Very unlikely. I think an iPad doesn't provide enough power.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.