Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Germany World Cup Team Flies back to Tegel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
On the day of the final, the LH check-in area at LAX was also quite fun:

I boarded LH457 just minutes after Germany had won, and the German flag was hanging outside the cockpit door.

Awesome pictures! Do you have more?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by mmff
Awesome pictures! Do you have more?
Thanks a lot mmff! Unfortunately that's all I've got, as the Worldcup Final had already started and I was in a hurry to get to the lounge and watch it...
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Now that the Worldcup is over, we obviously won't be seeing this livery anymore. I thought it was a great idea of LH and I know of no other airline that did something similar.
That, combined with the special football-themed amenity kits, the Caipirinhas served on board, the Brazilian soup in the lounges ex-Germany etc., is all part of an initiative by LH I really enjoyed over the last few months.
I think they said it will fly for eighteen days, one for each German goal.

Agree it was fun, though the prebottled onboard caipirinhas weren't as good as the freshly made lounge ones.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
I think they said it will fly for eighteen days, one for each German goal.
Very cool idea!

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Agree it was fun, though the prebottled onboard caipirinhas weren't as good as the freshly made lounge ones.
That's for sure, but I guess it holds true for most drinks (and foods) served in the air.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems D-ABYI is merrily flying around in the Siegerflieger livery
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:50 am

JohnRain, thanks for the pictures! Very cool!

Now I wonder what it was like to be in the air during the final. I suppose there is no live video stream. Would the captain announce every goal over the PA (not that there was much to announce...)? Or just leave people clueless?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by fligher

Now I wonder what it was like to be in the air during the final. I suppose there is no live video stream. Would the captain announce every goal over the PA (not that there was much to announce...)? Or just leave people clueless?
You're welcome, fligher. All games could be watched on a live stream. When I boarded, the final was unfortunately already over (not that I'm complaining about the result...)
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:39 am

Nice photos here, really cool and also the link, that lady is awesome in Tischfussball.

Really nice PR, not been on Lufthansa since 1999 maybe time to try again

Last edited by Polomarc; Jul 18, 2014 at 4:51 am
Old Jul 18, 2014, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by fligher

I was on board a LH A380 during the final. Live TV worked perfectly, only interrupted by those incredibly long and slowly spoken announcements of this self-conceited purser.

Quite an experience, 90% of passengers were watching the finals. One of the few flights where I actively used the call button for refills, hehe.

The crew was in German team jerseys, national flags painted on their cheeks and scarves in German national colors around their neck. Nice touch!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Polomarc
Nice photos here, really cool and also the link, that lady is awesome in Tischfussball.
Thanks, Polomarc.

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
I was on board a LH A380 during the final. Live TV worked perfectly, only interrupted by those incredibly long and slowly spoken announcements of this self-conceited purser.

Quite an experience, 90% of passengers were watching the finals. One of the few flights where I actively used the call button for refills, hehe.

The crew was in German team jerseys, national flags painted on their cheeks and scarves in German national colors around their neck. Nice touch!
Sounds awesome! As a true Flyertalker, I'm sure you took some pictures....

Last edited by JohnRain; Jul 18, 2014 at 10:16 am
Old Jul 19, 2014, 4:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
No wonder the departure was delayed.

Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

LHs press photo of YI

Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:57 am

What a beautiful plane...The 747(-8) really is the queen of the skies.
A little OT, but I still wonder why no other passenger airline has 747-8's in service. On a recent LH 747-8 flight I asked the captain and she mentioned that Korean had ordered a few, but other than that she didn't have an answer either.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:06 am

CA has a ordered a few too, ln 1499 is about to take to the skies:
http://paineairport.com/kpae10564.htm
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
CA has a ordered a few too, ln 1499 is about to take to the skies:
http://paineairport.com/kpae10564.htm
Interesting, thanks for the info. But still, it's regrettable that the 747-8 isn't a big commercial success.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.