Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spohr: My HON Circle Service Pledge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I am now at the FCT in FRA and it is very very quite. Probably EK lounge in FRA is packed at this time. Spohr should feel sad to visit the FCT and find it this empty.
Isn't that the whole point of this "enhancement" frenzy, or more accurately witch hunt on HON Circle members? Empty FCT = more exclusivity, which is exactly what Kaiser Franz was out for in the first place.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by LH4116
Quote:

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer

I am now at the FCT in FRA and it is very very quite. Probably EK lounge in FRA is packed at this time. Spohr should feel sad to visit the FCT and find it this empty.

Isn't that the whole point of this "enhancement" frenzy, or more accurately witch hunt on HON Circle members? Empty FCT = more exclusivity, which is exactly what Kaiser Franz was out for in the first place.
Empty = not necessary = can be closed. That is what he was out for. :-)
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
FCT was absolutely packed the last couple of times I was there.
Only place to sit down was at the bar.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Which is one of the better places anyway. ;-)
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I just counted the number of the people at the FCT at the moment and they are exactly 8 people including myself
Old Jun 4, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Hon Circle Service Pledge, my a$$...
In 5 days I am going to New York with the family on short notice

My wife wants the direct flight from Munich.

My wife, the little one and me in C (full fare) and the older ones in Y, total cost around 13000E - BA was cheaper but I bought them just to save my wife from hassle.

I just called the hon circle hotline to arrange for the seats, they want 170E bucks on top for the seat reservation. New rule since a month, as the 15 and 17 year old are in a different compartment, they do not count as companions.

Seriously LH, I am laughing out loud.

This is penny wise and pound foolish.

Tomorrow I will cancel the tickets, even if BA is now more expensive.

Last edited by mamb0; Jun 4, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mamb0
Tomorrow I will cancel the tickets, even if BA is now more expensive.
But how will that get your wife that direct flight from Munich?

It does seem a bit daft, but I assume you want the "premium" seats in eco? Probably just a case of calling again, or otherwise picking a decent seat at OLCI.

Look at it rationally without all the emotion, is that BA flight really worth the hassle....
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
But how will that get your wife that direct flight from Munich?

It does seem a bit daft, but I assume you want the "premium" seats in eco? Probably just a case of calling again, or otherwise picking a decent seat at OLCI.

Look at it rationally without all the emotion, is that BA flight really worth the hassle....
No, I do not want premium seats. Just two seats next to each other and perhaps not middle seats in the middle section. I was offered 40 DE, is that already premium? Honest question...

I am not overly emotional. It's just that in the past Hon Circle hotline always did a seat reservation when I was traveling with my family. Also to declare the kids non companion I find quite off - I guess they are not allowed into the lounge anymore either?

I am not interested in playing agent roulette and trying to find a different agent, I am also tired of arguing and making my cases towards LH employees.

This is another case of "We don't care anymore", for me aptly timed with this cute Letter from Spohr. I said before that my expectation is below zero regarding the service pledge. I still am surprised how quickly I was proven right.

And thanks for thinking about my wife. If there is space on BA, she will be wheeled through T5.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..Also to declare the kids non companion I find quite off - I guess they are not allowed into the lounge anymore either?
Well in ZRH they wouldn't. As the LD for quite some time enforce the unwritten "same class of service" rule.

But with BA you will certainly face minor lounge hiccups with the kids in Y and perhaps no OW status. You could negotiate that upon buying the tix though, BA is creepily flexible at times.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I can contribute a different story, marking a significant change in attitude:

Received an e-mail on Monday, letting me know that my LH flight in December from DUS to TXL is now on Germanwings. Rebooked in SMART which means one piece of luggage of 23kg. No additional luggage allowance, I would have gotten on LH. Second piece of luggage will be charged at 75 EUR.

Thought that's a good way to test the water - and handed in a complaint via the online form. Got an answer three hours later (!!!): "No worries, the luggage allowance is the same on LH and 4U". Responded to their reply and clarified that that's technical correct but LH benefits do not apply and I am now charged 75 EUR for the second piece of luggage. Added the cheeky question whether they are covering the additional cost.

Got an answer one day later apologizing for the experience. LH is offering to pay for the second piece of luggage. ^

LH, also very cheeky, sent a survey the same day to check the following:

- was I happy with the timeliness of the response?
- was I happy with the tone of the communication?
- was I happy with the goodwill granted?
- was I happy with the understanding for my situation?
- did I agree with the solution offered?
- did I feel valued?

Bottom line, this is good news: Lufthansa has never been faster to respond, never been more customer-focused and never been more generous. Status recognition? Fully achieved. :-:
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And thanks for thinking about my wife. If there is space on BA, she will be wheeled through T5.
Don't get me wrong... I also feel it's a stupid rule and flexibilty should have been applied. But is that really worth changing to a flight with a connection. I'm sure that at OLCI decent seat will show up, and orherwise they will survive having someone else next to them.

Is it really worth that 4+ hrs and everything that can go wrong with a connection just because LH should have done better?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Looks like not everyone gets the same kind of love...

HON writing to LH on May 13 about old F from MUC to SFO and a request to change routing via FRA to get new F.

Answer from LH on June 4:

Dear Mr HON,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding booking HONHON.

We are truly sorry to hear of your disappointment about the first class on the flights booked. In regards to our general terms and conditions, the contract between airline and customer is not linked to a specific type of aircraft.
As you might have read on Lufthansa.com for operational reasons the aircraft type may change last minute and this includes the flights via Frankfurt.
Furthermore if you would like to change via Frankfurt your ticket is subject to the original fare conditions, we invite you to contact the Honor Circle line to rebook your ticket.

We understand that this response may not meet your expectations and remain with the best of regards.

Yours sincerely,

Lufthansa German Airlines
Customer Care Service

Timeliness, tone, grammar and overall empathy might be lacking in this case but he new Honor Circle line is definitely something to look forward to.

I also like the very smart comment about F from FRA to SFO being subject to change: How many A380 with old F are out there exactly? None? Mmh...

Given that even the General Manager for the UK was involved in this case, an extremely disappointing outcome.

Looks like there is still some work left for Mr Spohr.

Last edited by SMK77; Jun 4, 2014 at 11:26 pm
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Don't get me wrong... I also feel it's a stupid rule and flexibilty should have been applied. But is that really worth changing to a flight with a connection. I'm sure that at OLCI decent seat will show up, and orherwise they will survive having someone else next to them.

Is it really worth that 4+ hrs and everything that can go wrong with a connection just because LH should have done better?

You are making a fair point with your reasoning. I still am looking at spending 13.000E of my own money and sorry, I have to say, under these circumstances I rather spend it somewhere else then.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
You are making a fair point with your reasoning. I still am looking at spending 13.000E of my own money and sorry, I have to say, under these circumstances I rather spend it somewhere else then.
I think your family will also be happy on the BA flights.
Perhaps you can even get Premium Economy for some of those Y tickets.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by weero
Well in ZRH they wouldn't. As the LD for quite some time enforce the unwritten "same class of service" rule.

But with BA you will certainly face minor lounge hiccups with the kids in Y and perhaps no OW status. You could negotiate that upon buying the tix though, BA is creepily flexible at times.
So far I never had any issues at the ZRH FCL - they have a very reasonable definition of family and always allowed not only wife and kid but also my parents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.