Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Recently I ended up in 3K on the A330 (had no other choice, full flight) and realised why the PM of the new C advised me to avoid it. Its really less spacious.

The narrowness instantly vanishes when you lower the armrest. The 2m length is supposed to be head to toe, ie including the headrest and ottoman.

On my way back I had the oldest version of the new C seat (D-AIKQ, delivered May 2012) and the seatback cushion was inop, ie deflated. A restart of the seat wouldn't fix the deflation, so the solution was to put a spare blanket in the gap. Didn't really help.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
I had my first experience in the new LH C on FRA-PVG (A380) last week, and I have to admit I was shocked at how short the seat was. I remember the LH propaganda unit stating that the seat was "almost two metres long", so I assumed a 1.90m person wouldn't have much trouble fitting in. However, it seems that anyone over 1.80m will have a hard time sleeping on their back. To make things worse, the narrow nature of the seat (which wouldn't normally bother me) made it very difficult to sleep on the side as well, because there's no convenient place for your elbow or knees. How this kind of seat design fits the Western demographic is beyond me. I'm giving the seat another go on A346 next week, so we'll see how it goes, but I definitely don't see myself paying the premium LH is asking for this kind of experience in the future.
Same question for me re: upcoming A380 LH 573 JNB-FRA in new C. Seems the back small cabin is uanimous. Flying alone means middle seat (with playing footsies vs. getting climbed over for aisle access). I am very tall.

Anyone want to venture specific seat recommendation?

Oliver2002?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 2m length is supposed to be head to toe, ie including the headrest and ottoman.
Well I can assure you that it was less than 1.90m in 26A on the A380. My head and heels were touching both "walls" of the seat and I still couldn't lie flat. Maybe 26AC and HK are shortened due to the exit row?

Originally Posted by FFFlyer
Seems the back small cabin is uanimous.
The back small cabin isn't really as private as the seat map suggests. There is no actual divider, just the exit row space separating you from the rest of the seats, and even that doesn't apply to the middle section, where seats continue uninterrupted. It's better for the views in case of a window seat, and you get served first, but that's about it. The A380 upper deck is still the stadium it's always been
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Recently I ended up in 3K on the A330 (had no other choice, full flight) and realised why the PM of the new C advised me to avoid it. Its really less spacious.

The narrowness instantly vanishes when you lower the armrest. The 2m length is supposed to be head to toe, ie including the headrest and ottoman.

On my way back I had the oldest version of the new C seat (D-AIKQ, delivered May 2012) and the seatback cushion was inop, ie deflated. A restart of the seat wouldn't fix the deflation, so the solution was to put a spare blanket in the gap. Didn't really help.
Thanks for the warning. Just changed my seats.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

we(2) will be on a 747-8, iAd-fra return, biz class next week. is there a preference upstairs to downstairs? we flew upstairs one time. it was really cold up there, and overhead storage was very limited. seat guru specifies seat withs vary from 19.7 to 26". which are which, and which are preferred?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:41 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...e-reports.html
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by slawecki
we(2) will be on a 747-8, iAd-fra return, biz class next week. is there a preference upstairs to downstairs? we flew upstairs one time. it was really cold up there, and overhead storage was very limited. seat guru specifies seat withs vary from 19.7 to 26". which are which, and which are preferred?
I personally prefers upstairs on the 748. It feels much more "exclusive".
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by markcr
there is a cut out giving unlimited leg room (note: they only "opened" the cut out after take off - before that there is a small cushioned wall restricting leg room).
OMG, this explains everything! The crew never opened the cut-out when I was flying in 26A and I had no idea it could be lowered at all!

Wow, I could've had a really decent night's sleep had I read this thread more carefully prior to takeoff.

I still blame LH though
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Hello we are flying business class on the 380 to JNB from Frank. In terms of seats I always like to sit ahead of the wings so when I look out I see the leading edge of the wing. Now is there a seat on the 380 in business class that gives me that? when I look up the 380 on seat guru the seats are all on the wing and back? Any thoughts?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, UA Gold, DL Gold, BA Silver
Am I the only one disliking the new Business seat?

I flew the new Business seat from MUC to CLT this February and was more then uncomfortable! The seat is so slim that it is only possible to go into a cardle/lounge position. Fully Flat was impossible. My neighbor tried to footy fight with me and had his feet bumping my legs. Food was neither good! Browned salad leaves, dried out meat! The only positive was the Service, which was stellar!

Just to my frame/size: Just regular guy with 6'1 (186), 185lbs (85kgs)!

I did write Lufthansa about my experience and actually they did write me back with a ... too bad you did not like your flight, we tested the seats before implementing them and other guests just rave about them and our stellar service and hope you will still fly Lufthansa a lot!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:56 am

Similar girth here. Not my favorite design for a new gen seat, but it's comfortable enough not to avoid.
It's nice at the Airbus window seats though, with your own foot space.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:10 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Very similar size here. I had no problems with the size of the seat, but I think I'd like the old business seat better if it went all the way horizontal. Just more comfortable, especially the lounge configuration.

HTB.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:14 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by munichmarcus
I did write Lufthansa about my experience and actually they did write me back with a ... too bad you did not like your flight, we tested the seats before implementing them and other guests just rave about them and our stellar service and hope you will still fly Lufthansa a lot!
I would write in as well about the bad food. But if you also complained about the seat not sure what response you would expect to get? "Yes you are totally correct! Based on your feedback we have begun to retrofit the entire LH fleet with a new Business Class Seat!"
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
I had my first LH experience over xmas, A380 FRA-SFO in 20D. Personally I thought the wide and airy feel of the seating space was great. I had no one next to me so privacy was not an issue, but I see the argument here. Services and food were excellent. I came away impressed.

After years of transpacific flights, I've developed an auto-fetus roll just before passing out, so the length of the space is never a problem for me. At the same time I did wonder if taller folks would need more space, as I was able to touch both ends of the wall. I'm 180cm 75kg.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
New LH J seats are arranged in an angle, such that went your seat mate turns in his lie flat seat while sleeping, his knees slam into your legs.

Stupid design. Out dated.

All aisle access, 1-2-1 arrangement, is the new industry standard. Stick with CX, AA, QR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.