Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by duan
Thanks for the quick response but what blocks easy aisle access from the seats in the emergency access row on the upper deck?
The seat next to you.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, SPG LTG, AA, LH
Originally Posted by Kacee
The seat next to you.
And the video screens/seat backs in front of you...
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
There is a mini-bulkhead/magazine rack that has the footrest and IFE monitors for the rows behind the exits. this along with the aisle seat is what requires some advanced gymnastics to exit the window seats on the UD (and B747 exit rows main deck, too).
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by duan
Thanks for the quick response but what blocks easy aisle access from the seats in the emergency access row on the upper deck?
There is no emergency access row. There is an empty space in the area next to the emergency exits on the upper deck, between rows 83 and 84.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Pass
Can anyone help a tall man out in selecting a seat in J on the 346? I'm 6'4" (193 cm) so any extra leg room and larger foot well space is always appreciated and I've found individual seats on different aircraft can vary based on where they are in the cabin.

Any recommendations? I don't mind window seats as I can get over people on the aisle pretty easily with longer legs.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, 6C AMB, HH Silver
A330 muc-iad 3k

Hi all, was booked in 3K, mini-section bulkhead. Daytime flight. Thoughts? Good? Bad? 4G is open, but I generally like window seats on daytime flights.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Since this will be on LH metal, see the thread below in the Lufthansa forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...-question.html
Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by model_un
I generally like window seats on daytime flights.
Seems like you answered your own question.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by gusd
Since this will be on LH metal, see the thread below in the Lufthansa forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...-question.html
Thanks gusd. I thought this was the Lufthansa forum. And thanks for the link to the other thread, but since my question was regarding the Business class mini-cabin, and since I didn't see a thread specific to this compartment, I thought a new thread would do no harm.

I appreciate the time you took to refer me to another thread. But I'll wait to see if anyone has any substantive responses to my query, comfort, space, easy of exit from window seats, etc. If none come, so be it.

Best.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by model_un
Thanks gusd. I thought this was the Lufthansa forum.
I could swear I saw this in the United forum. Maybe I just got lost and didn't realize which forum I was in. Sorry.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 6:27 pm

No worries. Best.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by IainC
Wonderful, thank you. I have now reserved 5A and 5K for my flights next April and looking forward to experiencing my first ever flights in C on a non-UA airline!
I know this was long time ago, but how did you find seat 5A? I'm thinking about it for my upcoming trip on the A346.

Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: UA 1K
Are all footwells same size on the A346?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There are minor differences, which are hardly notable.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Funny story:

We board our LH new business class seats. My husband sits down next to me and says, "Ouch! This has got to be the most uncomfortable seat in the history of business class! Why is it so hard?" As he continues to whine, I push the button to adjust the seat, making it softer. He looks over at me and says, "Oooh, that's much better. What did you do and how did you do it?" I explained the adjustable seat thing to him, and he said, "Oh, that's nice! I wish all the airlines did this. Personalized seat cushions!"

Later on, one of the FAs came over to me and said, "Wish you could do this for more of our pax. So many complain the seats are too hard or too soft, and we have to explain how to adjust it. " I told her there seem to be a lot of Goldilocks flying around these days . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.