Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Napping in the FCL?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Napping in the FCL?

I have a 12-hour daytime layover in Frankfurt during an upcoming trip. Although I plan to get out of the airport to do some sightseeing in Frankfurt or possibly Heidelberg, I imagine I'll want a nap as well.

I'm connecting from LH F to TG F, so will have access to the First Class Lounge. Are there good "napping facilities" there? I know I could use a dayroom at the Sheraton, but that seems like kind of a waste for a 3-hour nap.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by seajag
I have a 12-hour daytime layover in Frankfurt during an upcoming trip. Although I plan to get out of the airport to do some sightseeing in Frankfurt or possibly Heidelberg, I imagine I'll want a nap as well.

I'm connecting from LH F to TG F, so will have access to the First Class Lounge. Are there good "napping facilities" there? I know I could use a dayroom at the Sheraton, but that seems like kind of a waste for a 3-hour nap.
Welcome to FT ^ seajag

There are daybeds available.

But if you want to see a good deal of Highdelberg, you won't have 3 hours to spare on a 12 hours layover .. it's quite a sizeable place and definitely worth a stint from FRA.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
IIRC there are 2 rooms in the FCL in Terminal 1 with a full size bed.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by silver-tls
IIRC there are 2 rooms in the FCL in Terminal 1 with a full size bed.
Full size bed is a big term- there are small beds with enough room to take a nap- of course if you want something more efficient just sit next to one of the numerous consultants on their daily conference calls and after the third time you here "synergistic maximization of efficiency in record breaking time" you will fall asleep without a mattress
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Full size bed is a big term- there are small beds with enough room to take a nap- of course if you want something more efficient just sit next to one of the numerous consultants on their daily conference calls and after the third time you here "synergistic maximization of efficiency in record breaking time" you will fall asleep without a mattress
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: HH G, MR/SPG G, IHG Plat, Club Carlson G, National Exec
I've used one of those rooms in the A FCL. Haven't been to the non-schengen FCL in B (which is likely where your TG flight departs), but I guess it would be similar. The non-Schengen SEN lounge in B also has a big quiet room with a bunch of daybeds.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the comments everyone. Sounds like I'll be able to use the FCL for a nap if my energy gives out during sightseeing.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moler
I've used one of those rooms in the A FCL. Haven't been to the non-schengen FCL in B (which is likely where your TG flight departs), but I guess it would be similar. The non-Schengen SEN lounge in B also has a big quiet room with a bunch of daybeds.
FCL B has two day rooms on your left hand side as you head past the Lufthansa Spa checkin person to the washrooms.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
I also have a long upcoming layover in FRA , departing on LH F. Arriving early in am and wondering if I can stop by the FCL, nap, eat, leave for the afternoon, and return for my flight. Is that permitted?

Also, I don't know about you, but I'm very tempted to get one of those 99 EUR Porsche 911 3 hour rentals to take out on the autobahn.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by AirD0c
I also have a long upcoming layover in FRA , departing on LH F. Arriving early in am and wondering if I can stop by the FCL, nap, eat, leave for the afternoon, and return for my flight. Is that permitted?

Also, I don't know about you, but I'm very tempted to get one of those 99 EUR Porsche 911 3 hour rentals to take out on the autobahn.
As to your airport questions, absolutely. You can also throw a shower into your plans as well, if you would like.

Returning to the airport for your flight, just check in at the First Class Terminal. They will take good care of you from there.

As to the 3 hour Porsche...Up to you...
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Yes, I'm seriously considering that.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:08 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The day rooms in the FCL A/B are nicer than those in the FCT.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 5:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The day rooms in the FCL A/B are nicer than those in the FCT.
Really? How so? If that's the case, perhaps after landing (arrive 08:00 in FRA), I'll nap, shower in one of the lounges, head out for the afternoon, then return to FCL for my 17:55 flight.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: HH G, MR/SPG G, IHG Plat, Club Carlson G, National Exec
Really? How so? If that's the case, perhaps after landing (arrive 08:00 in FRA), I'll nap, shower in one of the lounges, head out for the afternoon, then return to FCL for my 17:55 flight.
The ones in FCL A/B are covered with sheets, FCT ones aren't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.