Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa stole my miles!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

I logged into my Miles&More account today and noticed I had 15000 miles missing, I scrolled down and see that several LH flights from Summer 2013 and the words "Cancellation Flight" under the flight and a minus sign next to the miles.

The flights were not cancelled or anything.. I got credit after the flights and now it seems like they took it back?

What the hell, Lufthansa?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Good luck in finding anyone chez LH who is capable and willing to restore your miles.

Be prepared for countless attempts, bizarro excuses, and victim blaming and defamation.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: LH HON

Then again, i just received 15k compensation miles - they had to come from somewhere...
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
That's the impish, Robin Hood spirit of M&M: robbing from the mileage-rich to give to the poor.

Or vice versa. Who got my e-upgrade vouchers ?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
I had some miles suddenly go missing with the cancellation message displayed (they were TK flights AMS-IST-PEK). M&M took 3 months to sort it out, but it turned out that TK had flagged my credit card as being fraudulent (which I still don't understand as I booked via Expedia...) - anyway, I finally got the miles back, but credited under the new reduced rate, so I had to make a second complaint to get the original amount back. It's ridiculous that this kind of thing happens.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dominik208
I logged into my Miles&More account today and noticed I had 15000 miles missing, I scrolled down and see that several LH flights from Summer 2013 and the words "Cancellation Flight" under the flight and a minus sign next to the miles.

The flights were not cancelled or anything.. I got credit after the flights and now it seems like they took it back?

What the hell, Lufthansa?
"Stole my miles" is quite the strong statement- I envisioned someone in the lounge at Frankfurt coming over and demanding you "hand over" your miles to them! Seriously though- have you spoken with Lufthansa to understand what happened? Miles&More can typically at least explain what their system says if not fix the problem right away.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's probably a fraud warning or something simular... They think you stole the miles :-).

Call them.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:15 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
LH does things as an when they please without communication - a reason why I dropped them and use miles every now and then when available from partners to experience and enjoy the FCT.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
"Stole my miles" is quite the strong statement....
But quite to the point here.

Plus it is one of the few strong words we can still use on the pc FlyerTalk. Just think how many people scream when you mention gate rape or the likes ....
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Update: I called the centre in Santa Clarita, which as usual, they were unhelpful and have no idea what happened. Here's what they told me: "Sir... umm.. well sir... this is strange... ummm I suggest you send a letter to Verl, Germany" WHAT?! Seriously? Of course, they always make you write a letter, then you wait a month for their reply which sounds something like this: "We apologise but we were unable to process your request"

I am sticking to "stole" for now, because that is exactly what it is.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:52 am

The Lufthansa approach to a "bereavement fare" .... fare for which we will retrospectively withdraw credit.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by dominik208
Update: I called the centre in Santa Clarita,
FYI they are not in Santa Clarita, but near Toronto in YPQ. Calling in such matters never helps, you need to open a case online by logging into your M&M account and then going to this form: https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...%3EInformation

The people who edit/audit your account sit with Arvato in Gurgaon near Delhi and look at the case. Writing a letter to Verl has the same result.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:54 am

Angry

Same thing has just happened to me - 50k+ miles suddenly missing with the comment "Storno Flug".....

So here starts the endless battle of the lowly SEN vs. LH......
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:18 am

Possible issue found with Aegean M&B

So - I checked my M&B account - which I haven't used since January 2013 - is suddenly showing those "storno flug - flights

I never entered my M&B number when booking those flights - Star Alliance system problem???

I guess I now have to ask M&B to cancel those flights out of their system and ensure M&M re-credits me for the flights in question...

what a hassel
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by FS_FRA
So - I checked my M&B account - which I haven't used since January 2013 - is suddenly showing those "storno flug - flights

I never entered my M&B number when booking those flights - Star Alliance system problem???

I guess I now have to ask M&B to cancel those flights out of their system and ensure M&M re-credits me for the flights in question...

what a hassel
I would assume that at some point you gave your M&B card to the counter (checkin or lounge) to claim some gold benefits, where the employee assumed that you want to change your number. If you havent specified that this is not what you want then I have little sympathy for your cause. And otherwise uncrediting and recrediting flights is a risky business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.