Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Premium Economy : Info from ITB, FT/VFT FAQ, and more

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by spellofiron
Just for information: Upgrade to Y+ was offered after takeoff for 349 Euros on LH797
How long after take-off? How was it announced?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: LH/LX, AY
Originally Posted by mmff
How long after take-off? How was it announced?
Was announced in the first announcement after the takeoff when the seatbelt signs are turned off.
It went something like this: "this aircraft has the new premium economy class with more legroom and upgraded catering as there are some free seats you have the chance to buy an upgrade."
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by spellofiron
Just for information: Upgrade to Y+ was offered after takeoff for 349 Euros on LH797
What an odd timing to hawk off the product! Why not sell Biz and F as well to the highest bidder on board .

Nonetheless, I am looking very much forward to give LH's attempt a try. Though given this announcement, it doesn't look as if I'd try their product more than once for a longhaul return.
I also wonder how LX will try to compete with their future uber-crap coach product?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:55 am

I fly to New Zealand once a year, and being able to do Europe - SIN - AKL in premium economy sounds very appealing. SQ's fares in Y are pretty competitive, hopefully these will be too!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I fly to New Zealand once a year, and being able to do Europe - SIN - AKL in premium economy sounds very appealing. SQ's fares in Y are pretty competitive, hopefully these will be too!
You could fly NZ itself ... unlike their heinous coach product, NZ's PE is quite bearable.

Arrogant FAs you get on both carrier with the reliability of a Japanese car. On SQ they are less obnoxious but it is also harder to communicate with them.
Too bad LH doesn't fly to NZ these days...
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by weero
Too bad LH doesn't fly to NZ these days...
there is something weird with the world today. It almost sounded as weero praising LH?!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Don't be silly, weero doesn't praise, he merely denigrates to varying degrees, a mild one in this instance
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:04 pm

You could fly NZ itself ... unlike their heinous coach product, NZ's PE is quite bearable.
I flew NZ in Y on an older 763 and I didn't find coach terrible. In fact it was a 2-3-2 configuration, seat was comfy, food was nice, IFE was new... no wonder they are replacing those with 777s
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
there is something weird with the world today. It almost sounded as weero praising LH?!
The LH PE product looks good and fresh, and many routes are offered at sane price levels. Status and earnings are not but is bearable.
Too bad SQ's PE looks better, now I again have to choose between a better seat and better pilots ... guess I have to go for the lowest fare.
Originally Posted by malmostoso
I flew NZ in Y on an older 763 and I didn't find coach terrible. In fact it was a 2-3-2 configuration, seat was comfy, food was nice, IFE was new... no wonder they are replacing those with 777s
I am far from an avid NZ flyer ... but I found that they managed to configure an A320 in way that makes it more unpleasant than even NEK. And they have terrible seating on the NightmareLiner.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
...Too bad LH doesn't fly to NZ these days...
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
"Nicht geschimpft ist genug gelobt."

(I defer to a native speaker for a proper Swabian translation.)
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:54 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by N1003U
"Nicht geschimpft ist genug gelobt."

(I defer to a native speaker for a proper Swabian translation.)
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by N1003U
"Nicht geschimpft ist genug gelobt."..
True that.

Especially for me ... who I am hardened by the BA PE experience ...
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Since the new E-cl is now out in full force, its probably time to close this thread.

Please continue here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...y-flights.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...onomy-bet.html

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.