Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Premium Economy : Info from ITB, FT/VFT FAQ, and more

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by hamallu
Yup, agreed . Both JAL and China Airline's new Y+ seats seem like really good offerings...
On which bird? I had them on the SIN-PEK route and they absolutely pathetic. Just a tad bit more legroom ... a product like UA would install it.

Add to this that they did not offer IFE on that route making it the worst PE seat I have even seen.

Oh and they were hard and uncomfortable.

But I am willing to believe that the longhaul equipment is significantly better.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:17 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by weero
On which bird? I had them on the SIN-PEK route and they absolutely pathetic. Just a tad bit more legroom ... a product like UA would install it.

Add to this that they did not offer IFE on that route making it the worst PE seat I have even seen.

Oh and they were hard and uncomfortable.

But I am willing to believe that the longhaul equipment is significantly better.
That would be quite a day for China-Taiwan bilateral relations if China Airlines were to be flying between SIN-PEK!!

CI not CA!! CI is playing catch up with their competing neighbours with their new 77Ws. They've even got the NZ patented SkyCouch seats in Y.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by hamallu
..CI not CA!!...
My bad, I was in Star Alliance mode ....

So for ROC airlines, I shall stick with BR.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Kleffen
Hi,

Can anybody compare it to the PE that Air France are using on their 777-200 / 300 ?

I flew that a couple of weeks ago and thought it was decent...
During the LH strike this Spring I booked AF PE to HKG. My biggest complaint was that the seat would slide down into an unconfortable postion for my neck when trying to sleep. FAs were busy in economy and forgot to pass for a second round of wine; food was nothing to write home about.

All in all it was IMHO just and expensive economy. Never again
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

If I wanted to change booking class from N to E without changing the date of the flight, I would still have to pay a change fee(IIRC 180€)?

Thanks,
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
On which bird?.
New in both cases - JL and CI. You can find details here:

http://thedesignair.net/2014/11/16/t...november-2014/

http://thedesignair.net/2014/09/05/j...ith-their-787/

Looks good and both have a leg rest which personally I prefer. Test in real life may turn out different though. Within *A I would still say TK is the best for me personally, but they are not investing in it any further or even phasing it out from what I heard (?).

will be interesting to see what SQ comes out with next year and what the pricing will be, but not holding my breath just yet.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by demue
New in both cases - JL and CI. You can find details here:

http://thedesignair.net/2014/11/16/t...november-2014/

http://thedesignair.net/2014/09/05/j...ith-their-787/

Looks good and both have a leg rest which personally I prefer.
Thanks, the pics look better than the ones on the JAL website.

But as said, I know the JL 787 well but none of them had a PE.
..will be interesting to see what SQ comes out with next year and what the pricing will be, but not holding my breath just yet.
Yes. And I hope that this will crank up the competition for LH and LX.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I suppose you have to be SEN+, HOC, or HON to get them ahead of time.

Or a once-in-a-lifetime flyer who checks in really, really late.
For what it's worth, I got moved to a premium economy seat before I even checked in (had originally selected something in the 40's). There was a note on the seats that made it sound like they were selectively moving people into PE as sort of a "free" trial, in the hopes that you'd purchase it in the future.

My overall impression was that it is ok, but not great. I tend to fly to Europe in the depths of shoulder season (October, November, February) where I've seen some eeeeeeeeempty flights. I don't think I'd be willing to pay much of a premium, given that there is a chance I could have an empty middle, or even a whole row to myself.

That said, the seat was comfy and the tv was bigger, so there's that. If the service was just a little more attentive I might be willing to pay the premium. Also, the meal tray was way too tiny.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Premium Economy seats on board all Lufthansa B747-8 aircraft from 22 November

LH is to start selling (as opposed to giving them away ) Premium Economy seats 9 days earlier than originally planned on all routes flown by Boeing 748i including Bangalore, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Peking, Sao Paolo, Seoul, Tokyo-Haneda and Washington D.C.

As an inaugural offer, the Premium Economy Class can be booked at a 15 per-cent discount up to 9 December 2014.

http://www.lufthansagroup.com/en/pre...icle/3348.html
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by coolbeans202
..My overall impression was that it is ok, but not great. I tend to fly to Europe in the depths of shoulder season (October, November, February) where I've seen some eeeeeeeeempty flights. I don't think I'd be willing to pay much of a premium, given that there is a chance I could have an empty middle, or even a whole row to myself.
Add to this that for a UA*G, LH's seat blocking kinda works. Paired with this year's inedible-food initiative @UA, I do not contemplate UA as a TATL alternative anymore and I can relate to your sentiment that for an Easy Coast-EU flight coach in the new birds is very survivable.
That said, the seat was comfy and the tv was bigger..
Well you can work on your laptop and you sleep a lot better than in coach. So for the 4K miles+ services, this is worth money.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:33 pm

At least they use the seats on the correct routes: North Asia, North & South America: The routes where the ME3 can't really compete on time, and where Y+ definitely has it's advantages despite the price. Let's see how it goes.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

D-AIHR got E class last week and will enter service ex MUC. The plan is to fit all 9 A346 with new C with E and then fit E as part of the C retrofit in progress.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
At least they use the seats on the correct routes: North Asia, North & South America: The routes where the ME3 can't really compete on time, and where Y+ definitely has it's advantages despite the price. Let's see how it goes.
I wonder if LX' disastrous decision to go with a crippled 777 coach layout and without PE has anything to do with pressure from LH itself ?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Will the flights from CLT to MUC offer Premium Economy?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

The 346 aircraft will officially sell E only after the retrofit is complete. Until then Y pax will be seated in E to test out the new product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.