Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Booking at the LH website [new booking and seat reservations on LH.com]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking at the LH website [new booking and seat reservations on LH.com]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M mainly
Red face Booking at the LH website [new booking and seat reservations on LH.com]

Seems LH website has been changed recently, while booking, the new design / way of showing flighs options seen. Do you like it?

Last edited by AhogZ; Feb 26, 2014 at 6:19 am
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Yes, I've noticed it as well. It needs a bit of getting used to but you can see a lot more without having to click each option. One thing I've noticed is you cannot always see what the change/cancellation fee will be.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 5:02 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Great to see the seat map before choosing an option

Originally Posted by AhogZ
Seems LH website has been changed recently, while booking, the new design / way of showing flighs options seen. Do you like it?
The design is really fine.

IMHO main advantages are:

+ the detailed information about the flight and the option to see the seat map before clicking through the complete reservation process. I am convinced that this is valuable information for the passengers.

The different seat types are correctly priced and the advanced seat reservation is now available even for Economy Class within Germany.

+ the pictogramm like info which fare classes can be rebooked against a fee and which are fixed to the chosen flights and times.

+ easily available information which fare classes can be theoretically upselled by using award miles.

Last edited by gum; Feb 26, 2014 at 5:24 am
Old Feb 26, 2014, 5:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They are even displaying the underlying booking class Still no option to pick a booking class...
Old Feb 26, 2014, 6:28 am

I like it a lot more than I thought I would, but I can't make it work for me , or at least not the way I want it to work! My initial inputs were NCE-ORD, outbound on Saturday 20 Dec and return Sat 3 Jan, Economy class by mistake (and actually seating class doesn't matter).

First step is great, it gives me results. Several options to pick from, including Business Basic, which is great, and oooh look, I can fly the 748. Yippee! But once I pick an outbound flight, most of the return options disappear and I'm told that they are "not combinable".

Doesn't matter which class I select on the outbound, anywhere from almost all (economy) to just about half (if my outbound is in F) are non-combinable. And actually, choosing Business Basic Plus gets me fewer options (all on UA) than Business Basic. ???

Is this a bug, have they changed the rules, or did this never happen on the old site?

Last edited by shippeb; Feb 26, 2014 at 6:29 am Reason: discovered more
Old Feb 26, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
I cannot seem to retrieve my bookings anymore (made using UA miles). I enter the PNR and my last name, and it boots me to the Miles & More log in screen. I finally decided to register for a M&M #, and it still gives me an error. One should be able to retrieve their reservations without being a M&M member."View or change booking" is directly on the Lufthansa home page now, but it doesn't seem to work.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
They are even displaying the underlying booking class Still no option to pick a booking class...
I like that it is possible to see the booking classes and also is more clear and has a clean look/feel to it. Just one question- it seems similar to the BA site in that once you select an outbound option the inbound options change to correspond with the outbound? While that does make sense from a process point of view- is it possible to see the non-corresponding inbound flights first?

Overall definitely looks/feels better at first pass- also like the "my next flights" on the home page.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Just one question- it seems similar to the BA site in that once you select an outbound option the inbound options change to correspond with the outbound? While that does make sense from a process point of view- is it possible to see the non-corresponding inbound flights first?
Do you mean the price of the inbound changes depending on the outbound you select? Or that only the inbound flights which can be combined with the outbound will display? It happened on the old LH site as well but often it was possible to select the inbound first to keep the overall price down.

I haven't tried booking on the new site yet to see if it still happens.

p.s. I confused 'outbound' and 'inbound' in the first sentence but I think TRAVELSIG understood what I was trying to say.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Feb 27, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Do you mean the price of the outbound changes depending on the inbound you select? Or that only the inbound flights which can be combined with the outbound will display? It happened on the old LH site as well but often it was possible to select the inbound first to keep the overall price down.

I haven't tried booking on the new site yet to see if it still happens.
Good point- I have not played around with it yet to see if I can do what you suggest to keep the price down. Overall it feels very similar to the BA system- so if you are comfortable with that this should be OK. And showing booking classes is a big advantage as compared to previously.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:40 am

For passengers with flexible travelling dates, the matrix view was really helpful. Is it gone for good?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes, I also miss the matrix... but 5 day views mostly work for me.
Still needs a bit of tweaking I feel, for example too many buttons leading to the same details between booking classes.

And a nice way to sneak in the fee for selecting seats....and the insurance crap.

The feature I am still yearning for is to have an option that doesn't show all the code shares with UA.

But some weird things too.... got a business saver that booked in Y. And on the outbound under fare conditions I got the outbound showing 2 bags/business checkin and lounge but those were missing on the inbound.

Last edited by RTW1; Feb 26, 2014 at 11:15 am
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Really nice design - will give it a thorough test with an open-jaw booking later tonight.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M mainly
I miss a bit the details on how many M&M points will be earned...or maybe the calculation is somewhere there but not yet found by me.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gojko88
Really nice design - will give it a thorough test with an open-jaw booking later tonight.
Good luck.... doesn't work for me. Inbound flights are never shown.

Originally Posted by AhogZ
I miss a bit the details on how many M&M points will be earned...or maybe the calculation is somewhere there but not yet found by me.
Yeah, that's missing...probably because they are ashamed it's so low.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Looks good, lot of info but still clear layout. Hope SN will get this too.
I also saw they now offer the exit seats for €20 extra when booking. Seems that other seats can be reserved for €10 but doesn't work on my existing bookings.
Bad news for SENs who now have less chance to get the exit row seats...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.