Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Assignments on Lufthansa.COM?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum

I have an award booking through Aeroplan and was able to select seats with LH using LH PNR. As of January 20th, the seat selection option is no longer there.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by 1011TriStar
I have an award booking through Aeroplan and was able to select seats with LH using LH PNR. As of January 20th, the seat selection option is no longer there.
Agreed - I booked a US Airways Award ticket January 14 and I was able to make seat assignments on Lufthansa, Asiana, and Brussels airways on Lufthansa.com. Today I tried again and it is not giving me the seat assignment functionality with the booking code.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I noticed that the seat assignment functionality on lufthansa.com seems to be absent as of this week as I went to change a seat on a wholly operated Lufthansa flight on 220 ticket stock in business.

I notice a few other people mentioning similar things as well.

Is this a bug only I am noticing (quite possible) or is there something temporary or a bigger enhancement on the way?

Thanks to any in the know FTers/Mods/etc that can shed light on this presumably temporary issue.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The LH lurker posted on VFT that the online site is having issues with service requests like seats and special meals.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The LH lurker posted on VFT that the online site is having issues with service requests like seats and special meals.
Thanks Oliver2002.

The buttons have simply disappeared altogether for both seat selection and upgrade.

Cancel still remains.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The buttons have simply disappeared altogether for both seat selection and upgrade.
It looks like this would too many enhancements at once.

However, hypothetically, it is an interesting question if it would be better for them to do all at once (and "restart from zero" with new clients) or to do it gradually (and alienate current and future clients steadily but slowlier).
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Thanks Oliver2002.

Cancel still remains.
If the only remaining button is the cancel button, then what the hell are you waiting for?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rambuster
If the only remaining button is the cancel button, then what the hell are you waiting for?
It is a 100% nonrefundable ticket

Obviously the cancel button still works.

I guess I will be happy with the middle seat near the toilet on the old 744 to DEN. That is what I get for booking a P fare. Cheapest HON still remaining (but not for long).

Funny the BA flight I booked afterwards to DEN allows upgrades to F even on the "cheapest" business class and earns full mileage. I guess they will go bankrupt just like all those middle eastern airlines.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:22 am

[...]
Funny the BA flight I booked afterwards to DEN allows upgrades to F even on the "cheapest" business class and earns full mileage. I guess they will go bankrupt just like all those middle eastern airlines.
Unfair competition from BA...
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by 1011TriStar
Seat selection option no longer there for United award travel also. Any word on the status of seat selection option. Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:58 pm

Same problem here. I just went online to check and possibly change seat assignments for my LH trip first week of April, and no ability or button to change seats. Curious about this too.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: AS 100K
OMFG! Thank goodness I found this thread!! For a moment, I just thought it was happening to me. I was seriously about to go crazy.

Since Sunday (1/19), i've been trying to change my seats and the link was no where to be seen. I was totally perplexed, especially when the day before i was able to look at the seat assignments without any issues.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Is the function gone for good?

Is worked extremely well and was incredibly convenient! I sorely miss it.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Noticed this too - thought it was just me In addition, just prior to this happening my seat selection was wiped out. Phoned Lufthansa and it was reset to what I had previously chosen. Then, after the option of seat selection being removed, my seat selection was wiped out once again. Anyway it is all sorted out now. I have to say, nothing like this happened when I fly BA however Lufthansa wins hands down with their customer service. It was so easy to get through to LH - polite and helpful staff.

Last edited by micheli; Jan 24, 2014 at 10:03 pm Reason: corrected two typos .... typing when tired
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:52 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
It is really messed up. One paid booking shows up under award bookings. No possibility to change seats, which on this one is not an issue because they are the least bad ones.

I can look at new bookings but not the seats, and they do not stay in the bookings list; i have to re-enter manually each time.

With AFKL and BA my bookings even appear automatically once the FF number is entered in a reservation so no need ever to enter the booking code, but LH is now really bad.

More than a week and still not fixed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.