Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Assignments on Lufthansa.COM?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
If the Lurkers are US based, many in the marketing department and social media desk have been busy with all of the LH exec activity in NYC this week. Not sure if this created the Lurker silence.
Originally Posted by gojko88
I'm pretty sure they're Berlin-based.
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Frankfurt I think- in the same building as the Squaire.
The correct answer is: BER & IST The SLA say availability Mo-FR 9-17h, but if the responsible department doesn't answer their emails they can't do much, I suppose...
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The correct answer is: BER & IST
This is worth at least 500 miles.

Just kidding, give me 125, it's 2014 after all.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gojko88
This is worth at least 500 miles.

Just kidding, give me 125, it's 2014 after all.
What I would like is that in the time it took them to post photos this evening of the rave dj "Paul Van Dyk" they used this time to update us on when the Seat Assignment function and passport data functions will be restored on the website
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:35 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
LOT.com can pull up the reservation but the button for select seat does not respond. I can see the url at the bottom of my page but it simply wouldn't redirect.
Got to seat selection on Lot.com, but web site won't allow me to select - mouse only hovers above empty seats but won't allow click to select

And of course LH.com only shows seats

May have to call
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Got to seat selection on Lot.com, but web site won't allow me to select - mouse only hovers above empty seats but won't allow click to select

And of course LH.com only shows seats

May have to call
And today when I access Lot.com it will not even pull up my reservation. It just hangs on a blank screen after I submit my booking information.

I guess they may have just plugged the Lot hole into seat selection.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Non-functioning for 2 weeks now.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Very poor...
Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
as of today Feb 5, 2014 5.30pm CST/ USA ...Seat Selection is still not functioning.

Have to call in and request for seats .... but without seeing the layout how does one select a seat?

Even traveling Business Class, one has to call in, it has taken me 2 attempts and 35 minutes to get a seat.

Come on ... Lufthansa fix this problem!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 4:51 am

I have had the same problem in the last few days. Now that it's time for online-checkin, that doesn't work either. I get various error messages at different stages of the checkin process. Anyone else seeing this?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They are probably enabling LH.com to start selling ASR to the pleb for regional flights, as promised here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...h-bischof.html
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
They are probably enabling LH.com to start selling ASR to the pleb for regional flights, as promised here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...h-bischof.html
So you are saying that they made no prep for this IT switch, and now it is taking close to 3 weeks, and maybe more, to do?

I wonder where they get their IT staff ...
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope this a joke however I suspect it is not.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 10:21 am

Spoke with LH today who was able to provide some guidance on this. They are claiming the issue goes back to Amadeus and that it is an IT issue. They do not have an ETA for the fix as yet but it is a priority for them. For the conspirists in the the group, there is no alternative agenda at play!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Spoke with LH today who was able to provide some guidance on this. They are claiming the issue goes back to Amadeus and that it is an IT issue. They do not have an ETA for the fix as yet but it is a priority for them. For the conspirists in the the group, there is no alternative agenda at play!
Excellent this is getting fixed. Thanks a lot LufthansaFlyer for speaking with LH about this- here is looking to a quick solution. Strange it is an Amadeus issue as my Travel Agent (Amadeus) is not experience this issue if looking at this from an ITRCA is/is not closest logical comparison point of view.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:44 pm

Excellent this is getting fixed. Thanks a lot LufthansaFlyer for speaking with LH about this- here is looking to a quick solution. Strange it is an Amadeus issue as my Travel Agent (Amadeus) is not experience this issue if looking at this from an ITRCA is/is not closest logical comparison point of view.
If the root cause of the issue is with Amadeus, the solution is never quick.

Amadeus still works a lot with "screens" and Lufthansa applications building up on Amadeus functionalities work a lot with "screenscraping" AFAIK. One wrong letter at a certain place or a shift of certain entry by one may cause the issue on lufthansa.com, if the trigger for the seat reservation functionality is missing. Just an attempt to explain what kind of problem this might be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.