Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Assignments on Lufthansa.COM?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR
It is really messed up. One paid booking shows up under award bookings. No possibility to change seats, which on this one is not an issue because they are the least bad ones.

I can look at new bookings but not the seats, and they do not stay in the bookings list; i have to re-enter manually each time.

With AFKL and BA my bookings even appear automatically once the FF number is entered in a reservation so no need ever to enter the booking code, but LH is now really bad.

More than a week and still not fixed!
I had my TA make ASR for me on two flights booked yesterday- I think that is the only way at the moment?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 5:48 am
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
ASR can be done through the lot.com website.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by pav
ASR can be done through the lot.com website.
I can view the sets on lot.com but no obvious method to change the seats on lot.com. The information provided on lot.com is of value to better determine availability if calling Lufthansa for seat assignments, though. The alternate option is to fake booking each flight on Lufthansa to determine seat availability and then call Lufthansa.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Even the cancel button has now disappeared in my bookings.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 5:01 pm
pav

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
I can view the sets on lot.com but no obvious method to change the seats on lot.com.[...]
At the very bottom of the trip reservation page you will find a section titled 'click to see additional information including price, payment and flight special requests'. Click View Details and in there you'll be able to view/modify your seat assignment. Look for the 'modify' button on the right hand side of the screen just above the meal preference column inside the text frame.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by pav
At the very bottom of the trip reservation page you will find a section titled 'click to see additional information including price, payment and flight special requests'. Click View Details and in there you'll be able to view/modify your seat assignment. Look for the 'modify' button on the right hand side of the screen just above the meal preference column inside the text frame.
Thanks. Quite correct. The modify button does not appear quite correct in the browser though as only "Modi" is displayed.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:23 pm
pav

Thanks. Quite correct. The modify button does not appear quite correct in the browser though as only "Modi" is displayed.
Were you able to reserve the seats?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:27 pm

Yes, I too reserved seats on lot.com yesterday. They show up in my reservation on lh.com and m&m.com
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:30 am
pav

No worries, glad to hear it worked fine.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:17 pm

Still an issue today.....thanks for LO tip.

Last edited by LufthansaFlyer; Jan 26, 2014 at 1:22 pm
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
OK, good, I'm not going nuts! Just helped my uncle book two awards using UA miles. Went to go assign seats on the LH segments and the link was gone. Guess I'll be heading over to the LO site now
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Seat selection option no longer there for United award travel also. Any word on the status of seat selection option. Thanks.
You for MP awards on LH or for M&M awards on UA?

I had no issues choosing in which stool to sit upon my last redemption on LH/LX with MP.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Seat selection option no longer there for United award travel also. Any word on the status of seat selection option. Thanks.
I can't see it either, UA award booking. I was able to select it last month on another reservation. I wonder whats up? I also can't seem to select OS seat either but I guess that doesn't happen until 36 hours out
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
I always have these kind of problems when buying UA or AC tickets which are operated by LH or LX (esp. AC is horrible)
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Andie007
I always have these kind of problems when buying UA or AC tickets which are operated by LH or LX (esp. AC is horrible)
If you are referring to purchasing an AC ticket which operated by LH I have also had issues getting a seat reservation to hold/confirm. My TA seems to have figured out a way to do this although even then I have had last minute seat shifts. The worst part of the code share is that you cannot use evouchers in advance to upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.