Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change your name to Kaus-Heidi contest [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:28 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by callie-girl
Today's flight from Berlin was purchased in economy (only an hour) and he got upgraded this morning at the gate.
And ladies and gentlemen we have found an anti-weero, who is FTL++
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Changing your name in Sweden is not so difficult. As long as you are not breaking naming rules here (no "noble" names, certain oddities not permitted), a single name change once in your life is done by filling out a form and sending it in.

After that - it's still not that hard. But it does include paying a fee after the first time.

And something else that can be done in Sweden, as near as I can tell it can be done as often as you wish, is that you can choose which of your names to be called. For instance, I can use my first name or middle name as my preferred name. And my husband can choose to be any of four names (he's one of the losing Klaus-Heidi group) just by sending in a form to the tax office.

Side note --- as a losing Klaus-Heidi, he was given a Lufthansa Silver status and 60,000 miles. Today's flight from Berlin was purchased in economy (only an hour) and he got upgraded this morning at the gate.
Changing the last name ("efternamn") or even the official middle name ("mellannamn") in Sweden to whatever a person wishes is very difficult -- as in the conditions to lawfully change the last name or official middle name have rather prohibitive conditions. We routinely have had issues come up at the the US embassies in Stockholm and Copenhagen over matters related to the Swedish name restrictions, and it makes CRBAs and passports interesting and there's not a thing Skatteverket (the Swedish tax authority which has been made in charge of the name restriction nonsense) can do about the US embassies.

People can adjust the first name ("forenamn") -- or names within the "forenamn" group -- easily enough in Sweden. Changes to the "mellannamn" and "efternamn" are far more restricted -- and it's not just "noble" last names which are "protected".

Try to see if your husband is willing to try to get his name changed in Sweden so the last name would be "Klaus-Heidi" or "Lufthansa", "Lufty" or something else evocative of Lufthansa that begins with "Lufth" and attempt such without doing a change outside of Sweden or via government authorities from outside of Sweden. I'd like to see another. much bigger prize for that.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 23, 2014 at 3:48 am
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kanor
And ladies and gentlemen we have found an anti-weero, who is FTL++
The cosmos is in balance yet again.

Now we know that name changing trumps booking class for op-ups. An important data point.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gojko88
The cosmos is in balance yet again.

Now we know that name changing trumps booking class for op-ups. An important data point.
And trumps Star Gold status too? Not that I mind, just find it entertaining. [I often prefer AB for TXL flights to the Scandinavian capitals, at least if I'm paying myself and doing a trip without much advance notice.]
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Side note --- as a losing Klaus-Heidi, he was given a Lufthansa Silver status and 60,000 miles. Today's flight from Berlin was purchased in economy (only an hour) and he got upgraded this morning at the gate.
I hope he didn't use his miles for that flight. It would've been a waste.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by GUWonder
And trumps Star Gold status too? Not that I mind, just find it entertaining.
Well, SK handles LH using their own Amadeus Altea DCS, I doubt LH programmed the complex fare class logic there so far
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: No travel, no cards. :(
LH4116
Nope, we bought this flight. Found a sale and jumped on it. Extra-cheap.

kanor
Anti-weero .. thanks, that cracked me up!

gojko88 and GUWonder
If I had thought changing my name would buy me anything, I might have done so much earlier in my life!
Not sure if that had anything to do with today's, however.

He was indeed offered food at no charge - but he'd had breakfast and declined everything except some tea.

They did block the middle seat.
Other than that, he said the plane was full. Possible overbooking? Maybe he was the next status for upgrade? I have no idea. He's just glad to be almost home at this point, waiting on the train from Stockholm to our little town.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:47 am
Suspended

You could have become a Bernadotte rather easily if resident in the US.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well, SK handles LH using their own Amadeus Altea DCS, I doubt LH programmed the complex fare class logic there so far
SK is rather entertaining too -- I see A3*S booked on award tickets get into business class on SK flights to the US while some LH*G passengers do not on the very same flights.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: No travel, no cards. :(
Let's see ... callie-girl Bernadotte and Klaus-Heidi Lufthero

There's a combo for you!

Now, will they let me hyphenate that?
That was my issue with Skatteverket. They refused my hyphenation, then the Embassy did my new passport, hyphen in place. Now I get to hyphenate with the bank, the credit cards and the landlord, but not the tax office officially. That's funny to me. They'll send my paperwork with all four names, but not a hyphenated last name. It's okay, I suppose, it's truly just ink. And it does allow me to use either name. Still, it makes me laugh.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:22 am
Suspended

Let's see ... callie-girl Bernadotte and Klaus-Heidi Lufthero

There's a combo for you!

Now, will they let me hyphenate that?
That was my issue with Skatteverket. They refused my hyphenation, then the Embassy did my new passport, hyphen in place. Now I get to hyphenate with the bank, the credit cards and the landlord, but not the tax office officially. That's funny to me. They'll send my paperwork with all four names, but not a hyphenated last name. It's okay, I suppose, it's truly just ink. And it does allow me to use either name. Still, it makes me laugh.
Have you tried to tell Skatterverket that they may be out of compliance with their own rules about foreign passport-listed surname -- hyphenation included -- being the source name that Skatteverket uses in its file as the master and mistress of the population register?

Nothing like making bureaucrats follow their own rules.
Old May 5, 2014, 9:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
It seems they won:

Gold for Klaus-Heidi

Our ‘Klaus-Heidi’ campaign has been named a winner again. The popular marketing campaign has won gold in the ‘Interactive Advertising & Media – Tourism and Leisure’ category at the Webby Awards.

The Webby Awards is the world’s biggest digital competition, and each year this international honour recognises outstanding online achievements in 100 different categories. During last year’s campaign to promote Lufthansa connections between Sweden and Germany, 24-year-old Eric Michael Klaus-Heidi Andersson beat off competition from 41 fellow Swedes to win a year-long stay in Berlin by having his name changed to Klaus-Heidi.

CI/L

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.