Hyderabad
Print Wikipost

Lufthansa New/Cancelled Routes and Changes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:09 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by HKG1111
https://www.businesstraveller.com/airlines/2017/06/14/lufthansa-eyes-asia-us-new-routes-a380-deployments/
Glad to see Lufty's A 380 recurrence at Munich! ^

Just remembering that the A 380 only had approximately five flights or so between Munich and New York.

Not per week but since the introduction of services.

Additionally I am convinced this is a great countermeasure against one of the ME3 increasing frequencies and service levels in Munich:

https://www.munich-airport.com/proje...pansion-263783
Source: Airport operator Flughafen München GmbH, website

With up to three A 380 per day Emirates is the largest (and only) A 380 operator in Munich.

Does anyone know when the timetables will be uploaded?

Info would be fine and a bit of info appreciated.

EDIT 14:13 CEST: A link added

Last edited by gum; Jun 14, 2017 at 6:15 am
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
So which route loosing A380?

Just wondering with the shift of 5 A380 from FRA to MUC, which routes out of FRA are loosing A380 service?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
This is a chess move in the Fraport/LH spat over FR more favorable conditions at FRA.

Interesting to see how it will develop.

------

Lufthansa talks tough on Fraport fees
Lufthansa Airbus A380-800© Tis Meyer / PlanePics.org

19 hours ago

Lufthansa (LH, Frankfurt Int'l) could divert capacity away from its Frankfurt Int'l hub if the airport's fees remain too high, focusing instead on Munich, Zurich or Vienna. Executive Board member Harry Hohmeister revealed the tough stance during an interview with German travel magazine fvw.

"Frankfurt is simply too expensive," Hohmeister told the publication.

When pressed on the specifics of how Lufthansa would redeploy its capacity, Hohmeister said that the

airline's close integration with Swiss (LX, Zurich) and Austrian Airlines (OS, Vienna) would make it possible.

"In the future, Lufthansa, Swiss and Austrian Airlines will be able to achieve this by means of the joint, fully dynamic control we are currently building, as well as the integrated sales that already stand. The aircraft can then be operated in Munich or Zurich, instead of in Frankfurt, by means of integrated transport services."

Last year, Frankfurt airport announced a new fee structure which incentivises airlines to increase passenger numbers. Lufthansa says that the new structure will lead to an increase in its costs of 1.9%, and believes that the incentives will benefit newcomers to Frankfurt over established carriers. Speaking with Reuters, Kepler Cheuvreux analyst Ruxandra Haradau-Doeser said that to benefit from the incentives, Lufthansa would have to increase its passenger numbers by at least 3% a year.

In a statement released at the time, Hohmeister called the fee increase 'incomprehensible'.

"Whilst the charges in London and Amsterdam are going down, those in Frankfurt, which is also one of the most expensive European airports, have increased. A further increase in costs is incomprehensible and will endanger potential growth," Hohmeister said.

In the fvw interview, Hohmeister said that negotiations with Vienna airport to develop its hub there are progressing well, and that Zurich and Munich are similarly matched for price. He said that with Frankfurt's costs sometimes as much as 20% above that of other hubs, it is logical to divert traffic away from it.

"We will control our customers through the hubs where we can achieve the highest margin contributions," Hohmeister said.

More than 30% of Lufthansa's capacity goes through Frankfurt, with more than 500,000 seats per week.

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...n-fraport-fees

Last edited by Forrest Bump; Jun 14, 2017 at 11:05 pm
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by SF1K
Just wondering with the shift of 5 A380 from FRA to MUC, which routes out of FRA are loosing A380 service?
I bed BKK
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:42 am

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...as-of-21jun17/
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
So the A380 is swapped with A346 in FRA/MUC to LAX/PEK/HKG. Very weird.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
LH is reopening MUC-SIN on its own metal; from March 2018 on the A350-900;
however, the timings are similar to the FRA-SIN service; hence, no daytime SIN-Europe service (which have been appreciated by me, since I dont like flying over the Bay of Bengal at night)
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by oliver2002
especially LAX was unexpected so let's see if that is the last change...
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by warakorn
... since I dont like flying over the Bay of Bengal at night)
??
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by SK AAR
??
Heavy turbulence
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
In heavy turbulence I prefer to see what's outside. But of course, it is not the primary reason.
I much prefer daylight flights from Asia to Europe (late am departure; early pm arrival). You get to your hotel and can sleep.
Overnight flights from Asia to Europe may be great for biz travellers, who can manage to sleep for many hours on the plane. It's sth. I cannot do. It's painful to wait until midnight (at a time you want to go to bed) and you have to start flying for 13 hours.
The next day is basically wasted.

Looking at the LH 380 PVG service: departure out of PVG at 1.30pm; arrival into FRA at 7pm -> perfect schedule!!! No need to get up at 5am at PVG; and no need to go to bed near FRA at past midnight.

LH could have offered a more flexible choice by offering a overnight flight from SIN to FRA + a daytime flight from SIN to MUC. Moreover, a noon departure from to MUC with an early arrival into SIN, would bring even more flexibility.

Again, daytime flights from SIN to Europe are a rare species (I remember 2 SQ services to LHR and 1 to FRA).
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Does this mean no F anymore on these routes? If yes....bold move
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by warakorn
LH is reopening MUC-SIN on its own metal; from March 2018 on the A350-900;
however, the timings are similar to the FRA-SIN service; hence, no daytime SIN-Europe service (which have been appreciated by me, since I dont like flying over the Bay of Bengal at night)
fully agree; especially LX is running at the same time too. I thought they might be getting better in offering different timings from different LH group hubs.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by HKG1111
Does this mean no F anymore on these routes? If yes....bold move
The A346 have an F cabin, so no change there.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:17 am

It seems Condor cancelled all longhaul routes ex MUC for Summer 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.