Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LH Resuming CGK via KUL, Suspending SGN, [BKK and KUL lose First] Beginning 01JUN14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Resuming CGK via KUL, Suspending SGN, [BKK and KUL lose First] Beginning 01JUN14

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I'm really annoyed about the new departure times if the bkk flight.
It's useless for me....
I hope OS and LX timing and flights stay as they are!?
No change for OS and LX so far
Official link : http://www.lufthansa.com/th/en/new-f...H_ppbeDM071113

Effective from 30th March 2014, Lufthansa will change its operating schedule to day flight. The frequency remains the same with 1 flight per day from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) to Frankfurt Am Main Airport (FRA). SWISS and Austrian Airlines will remain the same night operation to Zurich (ZRH) and Vienna (VIE).
Now, the Lufthansa Group airlines offer you even more flexibility and combinability for your travel planning

Actually they are not wrong in the fact that we will have more flexibility.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:08 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
This BKK schedule change seems like a complete shift of biz strategy.
I guess it is hard to compete with the Middle Easterns...

KL, AF, BA, AY and now LH all have midday flights
SK is gone
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:04 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by TPJ
I guess it is hard to compete with the Middle Easterns...

KL, AF, BA, AY and now LH all have midday flights
SK is gone
Of course nobody can compete with EK crazy expansion in BKK: 6 flights a day with half of them operated by the A380
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Looks like LH was not vigilant enough when they opened up FRA-CGK in their booking systems: O was available up to 4 on every given day in both directions for partners including Lifemiles and United.

Congrats to all who scored seats ^

Note: same thing happened on MUC-MEX and MUC-YYZ. I am curious how many award seats in F were booked in total...
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Of course nobody can compete with EK crazy expansion in BKK: 6 flights a day with half of them operated by the A380
Confused here. If people did not like the product and pricing, EK could fly 10 A380 and no one would fly. It's the other way around: because people like pricing and product, EK can expand so crazily.

There is a German airline that tries high pricing with highest inflexibility and a mediocre product and ,yes, they cannot afford to fly 2 A380 every day. Is that really surprising?
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mat_bkk
I do not think that it is a good move.
Clearly not a good move for you. But you have to give Lufthansa a bit of credit as an operator: they act like a bunch of loons in many respects, but they do have the stats and market intelligence to support decisions like this.

They can't offer night in both directions unless they fly onwards from BKK on a tag service (as before), or leave the aircraft on the ground at BKK. Both are expensive options.

Given the level of network competition into and out of Bangkok, yields are probably not healthy enough to justify the costs of maintaining night services.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:09 pm

747 bkk-kul?

I've seen flyer reports about the 747 flown from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur. When I try to find this flight it appears the 747 equipment is now a 340-4. Is this temporary? I need to travel in the first half of March and want to take the 747 from Bangkok to KL.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:22 pm

-- UPDATE --
Seems to have been a temporary glitch on Lufthansa's website. The site is now reporting again that the flight is serviced by 747 hardware.

(I don't know how to delete my original post so I've edited it to answer the OP)
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by davevi
-- UPDATE --
Seems to have been a temporary glitch on Lufthansa's website. The site is now reporting again that the flight is serviced by 747 hardware.

(I don't know how to delete my original post so I've edited it to answer the OP)
It is currently operated by A340-600 but scheduled to change from 2nd March until the route finishes altogether on 29th March by 744.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
According to this post, seems like LH will be postponing its KUL-CGK tag-on services until 01 June 2014 and will be served by a 2-cabin aircraft (B744 or A343?) once the CGK service begins.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:58 am

June 1: BKK and KUL lose First

According to the latest GDS update, both BKK and KUL are losing First Class from June 1:

http://airlineroute.net/2014/02/19/lh-bkkkul-s14update/

Question is whether LH will allow Lifemiles/United to rebook KUL F awards to SIN F awards.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:22 am

What kind of 5 star airline does not have F on a 12 hour + flight
Completely ridicules
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:31 am

@mods: "BKK losing First" is definitely something that sould be hidden under "CGK via KUL, Suspending SGN" for easy reference...
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by SMK77
@mods: "BKK losing First" is definitely something that sould be hidden under "CGK via KUL, Suspending SGN" for easy reference...
+1. And looking at the near future I think a thread on routes losing First is probably the best solution
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by seat 1a
What kind of 5 star airline does not have F on a 12 hour + flight
Completely ridicules
Easy answer, one that cares about making money. ^

BKK is the perfect example of a deregulated market, where more or less everyone has access and hardly anyone makes money.

Yields have become ridiculous, backpackers and seniors looking for a young entourage lead the way, so airlines are reacting. Contin. focus on cargo, high density configurations in Y and less seats in premium classes are one possible solution. First Class is so 1990´s on many routes...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.