Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Linking flights with LO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Linking flights with LO

Hi guys,

I have following issue with Lot: trying to fly ORD-KRK (7th Nov - 11 Nov) and I wanna fly through Warsaw.The outbound works fine with a nice short connection, however, the inbound just gives one option with overnight layover in Warsaw. When I try to book KRK-WAW one-way or for that matter WAW-KRK return for these days it shows plenty of flights available that should be able to feed WAW-ORD on 11th. Any idea what's up? I mean I could just book ORD-WAW and WAW-KRK but I am afraid that if the flights get delayed I'm gonna miss my national leg.
Thanks for help!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by outgoing
Hi guys,

I have following issue with Lot: trying to fly ORD-KRK (7th Nov - 11 Nov) and I wanna fly through Warsaw.The outbound works fine with a nice short connection, however, the inbound just gives one option with overnight layover in Warsaw. When I try to book KRK-WAW one-way or for that matter WAW-KRK return for these days it shows plenty of flights available that should be able to feed WAW-ORD on 11th. Any idea what's up? I mean I could just book ORD-WAW and WAW-KRK but I am afraid that if the flights get delayed I'm gonna miss my national leg.
Thanks for help!
The answer is simple: there is no WAW-ORD flight scheduled on 11th. You either need to stay a day longer or choose a different flight.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Upppsss! Sorry! Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Plusflyer
The answer is simple: there is no WAW-ORD flight scheduled on 11th. You either need to stay a day longer or choose a different flight.
Wow. Has LO reduced their schedule to ORD, or is this seasonal. For that general period I'm seeing as few a 2-3 flights per week. Weren't they recently daily, or at least "almost daily"??
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Last time I used them in August there were twice daily on some days. The annoying thing is that they seem to have cancelled the Saturday flights so if you have meeting somewhere in Europe on Monday morning you cannot use them
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by milepig
Wow. Has LO reduced their schedule to ORD, or is this seasonal. For that general period I'm seeing as few a 2-3 flights per week. Weren't they recently daily, or at least "almost daily"??
LO has had a reduction of their 787 fleet (again) after it was discovered that a fuel filter was not put back in place after a borescope engine inspection.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LO has had a reduction of their 787 fleet (again) after it was discovered that a fuel filter was not put back in place after a borescope engine inspection.
Is this the filter problem from a few weeks ago or a new one? I thought that had been all fixed already.

Their inflight magazine lists a bunch of charter destinations, I thought maybe they were using the 787s on other routes over the winter. I did check the schedule for ORD and it is all over the place, almost random flights and changing week to week.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: M&M FTL
The fuel filter issue was over a month ago and both planes affected were only grounded for a day or two.

The trans-Atlantic market is very seasonal, very strong in summer with much less demand in winter and LOT has always changed the frequencies to reflect this.

I suspect another factor this year is that they've contracted with tour operators for quite a lot of charter flights between November and March, including Bangkok (weekly), Mombasa (semi-weekly), Colombo (weekly), La Romana (every 10 days or so), Santiago Marino (10 flights), Varadero (semi-weekly), Cancun (semi-weekly).
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SP-LRC is still grounded. The thinning of schedules in November is related to that.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
SP-LRC is still grounded. The thinning of schedules in November is related to that.
Oh really - where does this information come from? A random check on flightradar shows that it flew from Toronto to Warsaw today as LO 46 (as well as on previous days):

http://www.flightradar24.com/2013-10-29/03:30/12x/LOT46
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: LH HON, EK Plat, QR Plat, TK EP
Whatever you decide, never book a separate feeder from KRK to a long-haul. With notorious KRK ATC delays (fog, etc.), especially in the morning, you'd be putting yourself in a very unpleasant position.

Last edited by CzeSEN; Oct 29, 2013 at 9:23 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by krzysz
Oh really - where does this information come from? A random check on flightradar shows that it flew from Toronto to Warsaw today as LO 46 (as well as on previous days):

http://www.flightradar24.com/2013-10-29/03:30/12x/LOT46
...and flying again right now to Toronto..
http://www.flightradar24.com/LOT41

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.