Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status STARS [2013-2023]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2013, 3:05 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sunseeker
mhh, "details to follow" is not exactly an intirely clear statement in my book.
however, i do not expect anything spectacular, anyway...
This is what the announcement said.

Additional recognition for long-standing status customers

A special innovation awaits those Miles & More members who have held their status for a long time: the awarding of 'status stars'. In future these stars will enhance the Miles & More service cards of Frequent Travellers, Senators and HON Circle Members. We will be providing further information about the award of these status stars from this November.
So 'further information' is what's already leaked, i.e. how many days of FTL/SEN/HON status are needed for each star.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 3:15 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

On the other hand there might be some tangible benefits for more than achieving and retaining the status. However additional benefits are supposed to be based on the number of flights rather than additional status miles collected.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
However additional benefits are supposed to be based on the number of flights rather than additional status miles collected.
That would bring back the idea of frequent flying (to be more precise: frequent boarding), i.e. 4 segments in cheap ECO on FRA-STR would beat 2 segments in full fare F on FRA-NRT.

Actually I don't think so.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I think the star thing is nothing but CRAP
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
That would bring back the idea of frequent flying (to be more precise: frequent boarding), i.e. 4 segments in cheap ECO on FRA-STR would beat 2 segments in full fare F on FRA-NRT.

Let's hope so but this is what the announcement said.

More benefits for frequent-flying status customers

From spring 2014 Frequent Travellers, Senators and HON Circle Members will be rewarded for more than achieving and retaining their status. During their status term, dependent on the number of flights they take, they will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of additional benefits and privileges.

Details of how status customers can enjoy these extra benefits will be available from next January.
e.g. €20 discount voucher provided no 4U, EW or EN segments or codeshare flights are involved. Must be booked on Thursday or Friday for a departure on a Tuesday. Full fare earning classes only.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:49 am

e.g. €20 discount voucher provided no 4U, EW or EN segments or codeshare flights are involved. Must be booked on Thursday or Friday for a departure on a Tuesday. Full fare earning classes only.
Finally
Old Oct 27, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Smile

Let's hope so but this is what the announcement said.

I would pay 50.000 miles for such a voucher
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
As already mentioned it would make sense that the stars will have to do with Lifetime Status, as also found at Oneworld (Or at least Qantas). There must be as well some "positive" enhancements with M&M... Or am I dreaming that the once best FQTL program will be back where it once was
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland

Aren't Status Stars doing the same? They don't encourage spending on LH: A Senator crossing the line every two years with 100,000 miles gets the same amounts of Status Stars like the Senator crossing 250,000 miles every year.

I don't have details on the January initiative but my understanding is that HON Circle miles (flights taken on LH Group) get you access to a selection of new benefits similar to the 2 eVoucher HON get for additional 150,000 HON Miles above qualification.

The January initiative is to reward frequent flyer that exceed the qualification threshold and encourage them to keep flying LH.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by LXA350
As already mentioned it would make sense that the stars will have to do with Lifetime Status, as also found at Oneworld (Or at least Qantas). There must be as well some "positive" enhancements with M&M... Or am I dreaming that the once best FQTL program will be back where it once was
I thought they were abolishing lifetime status and introducting status stars instead.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:38 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I thought they were abolishing lifetime status and introducting status stars instead.
I think they said "there will still be no lifetime status but we will introduce stars to enhance the look of your card".

I don't think there's anything to discuss given the clarity of this statement, with the exception of the sanity of LH's board members.

HTB.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I think the status stars are something to be like an extra incentive currency depending on your m&m level:

FTL 1 star: trade for Y,B to Premium Y
FTL 2 star: trade for Y,B, to I // use a star for 1 year status renewal if treshold not met

SEN 1 star: trade for D,J,C to O or lower economy booking fare to premium Y
SEN 2 star: use a star for 1 year status renawal if treshold not met

HON 1 star: use a star to get 50.000 status miles for use of requalification
HON 2 star: trade for 1 year status renawal if threshold is not met

I have a gut feeling that the concept of softlanding if you don't requalify is to be abolished and that the status stars will be some form of enhancement. LH can cull the 1 time status requalifiers, yet still offering some goodwill to people who have kept their status longer : exiting new benefits as they now tout it
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
It's the typical discussion behavior that everyone knows better while knowing nothing. Getting a bit tiring when people post insider information and than everyone starts second-guessing it.
I think it just shows that Lufthansa failed to lower their customers expectation to the indended level (as in "don't you think you'll get any extra benefits period").
Old Oct 28, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by Lack
I think it just shows that Lufthansa failed to lower their customers expectation to the indended level (as in "don't you think you'll get any extra benefits period").
Agreed

Instead of analyzing those new rules I tried to understand how to move business to AB / 1W team. Must admit that I'm happy with many routes (40% bonus on AB!!!). Also AB did a status match with my SEN, with my flying pattern I'm on the path to get Platinum in 6 months. While 1W is not as integrated as *A, whole thing looks much simpler & transparent to be honest.

I am really really surprised how M&M can degrade that much within less than 2 months. I hope LH team will feel it in their bookings, otherwise they will continue that mess for a foreseeable future. My Q1 flights are entirely moved to AB/AA

mfk
Old Oct 28, 2013, 4:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MichalFKowalik
While 1W is not as integrated as *A, whole thing looks much simpler & transparent to be honest.
In general when you first experience a program you will be satisfied, it's only after a while you will be disappointed.... and see the downgrades that are made in benefits. So enjoy it while it lasts.

Although that wasn't even the case for me when I flew Skyteam a few times, even when matched to KL Gold :-(.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.