Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
The details of the ASR procedures can be found here:

https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_1000/folder_1216/file_92910.pdf
Print Wikipost

Extra charge for economy ASR coming to LH: Bischof

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Right, the exit rows are not ASR eligible.
Exit rows with more legroom are already ASR eligible against a higher fee.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by rcs85551
Exit rows with more legroom are already ASR eligible against a higher fee.
I'm going off the internal doc that graphed the ASR 'eligible' classes. In every instance it indicated that Exit row seats were not ASR eligible for Y,B,M,U,H,G,Q,V,W,S,T,E,L,K,X but are obviously available for sen/hons (not companions). Maybe we're talking about 2 separate strategies?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:03 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
The last official communication on the topic I remember claimed HON/SEN and companions on same PNR would be eligible for free exit row ASR. Interesting development, indeed...
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by weero
Yes.

You *G finally get demoted to the far back middles as SENs and HONs always got.
Yet another reason OAL*Gs may want to avoid LH when flying economy class.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
The last official communication on the topic I remember claimed HON/SEN and companions on same PNR would be eligible for free exit row ASR. Interesting development, indeed...
what I saw yesterday specifically pointed out that companions would not be eligible for exit row seat assignment under this new program. Companions had free ASR in all other fare classes/seat types. Not sure if there is another angle they can use to get the exit row prior to check in but at least with the ASR policy launching on the 28th, they are kept out.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
yep, no love for *G's under this program....
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
OAL *G usually want to avoid some of these buckets since they earn little or no miles in other programs. LH is really pushing people to voluntarily buy higher fare buckets in all travel classes.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
I'm going off the internal doc that graphed the ASR 'eligible' classes. In every instance it indicated that Exit row seats were not ASR eligible for Y,B,M,U,H,G,Q,V,W,S,T,E,L,K,X but are obviously available for sen/hons (not companions). Maybe we're talking about 2 separate strategies?
I have just reserved my seats on FRA-TXL (A321) and TXL-TLV (A320) legs. As a UA 1k booked in Q I was able to select non-exit row seats for free.

Exit row seats were offered at US$30 each leg - not worth it on the first, a pretty decent bargain on the second. However, on TXL-TLV A320, only the first exit row (row 11) was available; it seems the really good row 12 is still blocked.

I opted for 11A. The entire process was quite streamlined and worked fine.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by dre_techie
LH is really pushing people to voluntarily buy higher fare buckets in all travel classes.
This is expressed more politely than I would have said it, but I think you have come to the core of the issue here.

I understand the word voluntary here in the same sense as it is applied to the tax code in the USA...
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Originally Posted by legalalien
I have just reserved my seats on FRA-TXL (A321) and TXL-TLV (A320) legs. As a UA 1k booked in Q I was able to select non-exit row seats for free.

Exit row seats were offered at US$30 each leg - not worth it on the first, a pretty decent bargain on the second. However, on TXL-TLV A320, only the first exit row (row 11) was available; it seems the really good row 12 is still blocked.

I opted for 11A. The entire process was quite streamlined and worked fine.
So what is your point?
There is no change for Q-fares coming anyway!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
So what is your point?
There is no change for Q-fares coming anyway!
I was responding to a post stating that exit rows aren't eligible for ASR.
Old May 8, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
I pulled up the reservation on LH.com. It has two SAS legs and one on LH, all intra-Europe. When I click on the button to reserve seats nothing happens. (Doesn't appear to be pop-up blocking.) It is a 016 ticket.

I used to always select seats (but not possible for exit or "premium" seats) on LH for RTW tickets booked in M for shorthaul. This is a lower grade booking class so would not have been eligible for ASR in the past I think.
Old May 8, 2014, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The ASR on LH.com is screwed up since the upgrade of the website. You have to call LH.
Old May 8, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The ASR on LH.com is screwed up since the upgrade of the website. You have to call LH.
I have never failed to get an exit row on a LH A321 from ARN, so it was mostly out of curiosity. Or with an M booking class ticket I could pick 27D in advance and then you have a relatively high probability of not getting somebody next to you.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 1:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Now Y exit rows on longhaul will be priced similar to OS, ie 70€. Effective 16JUN14.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.