Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
The details of the ASR procedures can be found here:

https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_1000/folder_1216/file_92910.pdf
Print Wikipost

Extra charge for economy ASR coming to LH: Bischof

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
AFAIK AY & BA allow you to select a seat in Y for free if you have OW status. So there is your incentive to keep status... @:-)
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:01 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
AFAIK AY & BA allow you to select a seat in Y for free if you have OW status. So there is your incentive to keep status... @:-)
Yep, OW sapphire and emerald can reserve seats for free. Works perfectly fine.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:36 am
txl

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
New charge for l/h seat reservations!

IIRC, when you book a l/h flight through a TA you have always been able to reserve a seat in advance regardless of status! Now this is going to be enhanced away and instead you can pay around 40€ for it...
Old Sep 7, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by totti
Yep, OW sapphire and emerald can reserve seats for free. Works perfectly fine.
Nope . Only BA Golds get this for free. As a OW Emerald, I have to pay for advanced seat allocation even in the premium cabins .. what did I do wrong so far ???
Old Sep 7, 2013, 4:46 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
AFP reports that Jens Bischof stated to fvw that ASR in economy will soon cost extra:

http://www.sz-online.de/nachrichten/...n-2656516.html
Old Sep 13, 2013, 4:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
LH to introduce seat reservation fees?

Apparently this is being planned according to the linked article below.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...at-reservation

Not a major surprise but I suppose it will make lots of people unhappy.

I hope premium M&M and *A members are excluded.

Haven't seen this mentioned before.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by txl
IIRC, when you book a l/h flight through a TA you have always been able to reserve a seat in advance regardless of status! Now this is going to be enhanced away and instead you can pay around 40€ for it...
This has been my experience as well. Most of my LH flights have been booked through the company TA and I've always been able to reserve a seat for TATL flights at least. I've also always been *G when flying LH, not sure if that makes a difference.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Quick update from FRA: as part of another event (with OS) I had the opportunity to talk to the PR people of LH: the interview was not complete, it seems the journo missed/dropped 1-2 sentences of what was said.

Fact is that LH is considering to offer the opportunity to ASR on regional flights against cash. The current system of ASR for free for pax in Y/B or SEN/HON will remain. In addition pax booked in economy will be able to book seats against payment of a fee.

The current free ASR system available to all economy pax irregardless of booking class or status on longhaul flights will remain. Of course they reserve the right to change that policy at a later date.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
It looks like the original Business Traveller article mentioned in post #21 has been withdrawn and replaced by a revised article.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...servation-fees
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Quick update from FRA: as part of another event (with OS) I had the opportunity to talk to the PR people of LH: the interview was not complete, it seems the journo missed/dropped 1-2 sentences of what was said.
Oh really?

No backpedaling here, I am sure!

Fact is that LH is considering to offer the opportunity to ASR on regional flights against cash. The current system of ASR for free for pax in Y/B or SEN/HON will remain. In addition pax booked in economy will be able to book seats against payment of a fee.

The current free ASR system available to all economy pax irregardless of booking class or status on longhaul flights will remain. Of course they reserve the right to change that policy at a later date.
What *is* the current ASR system available to economy pax on longhauls at present?

UA*Gs and other elites are mentioning that they are being moved around after seat selection online, which has happened to me with my UA number in my PNR, when selecting seats through "My Senator Lounge"...
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:23 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
... which has happened to me with my UA number in my PNR, when selecting seats through "My Senator Lounge"...
What do you expect when you have your UA number in your PNR? As you are not travelling as a SEN no wonder the system did not let you select seats in your Senator Lounge.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
What do you expect when you have your UA number in your PNR? As you are not travelling as a SEN no wonder the system did not let you select seats in your Senator Lounge.
It was an experiment.

I fail to see why it would not work, as a simple seat allocation method. I will now try with the "plain Jane" ASR on Lufthansa.com and see if the same thing happens.

Further, as I also stated - seat selection is being changed by LH's system for other *Gs on LH flights.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:39 am
Original Poster

ZIM published the entire FVW interview on their website: http://www.zim-flugsitz.de/zim-flugs..._904100171.pdf

He specifically said:

Wir werden im ersten Schritt eine Sitzplatzreservierung
gegen Entgelt für die Economy-Klassen
einführen, die heute nicht berechtigt sind, einen
Sitzplatz selbst auszuwählen. Diesen werden wir
ab Ende desJahres zuerst über die Reisebüros anbieten
und uns dort preislich im Marktumfeld bewegen.
Wir haben allerdings auch schon deutlich
weitergehende Pläne für die sogenannte A-lacarte-
Services.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:03 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
While I certainly wouldn't want SEN or HON to suffer from this change, for me as a FTL, paid ASR for short-haul is a welcome option. Sometimes I have a really short connection after BRU-FRA, and the first row usually available for seat selection on that flight at OLCI is 14+ for whatever reason (certainly not the C cabin), so if I could snatch something closer to the front in advance for a few euros, why not.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:40 am

Details and fees for seat-reservation in Economy

Zusätzliche Reservierungsmöglichkeit für Wunschsitzplätze in
Economy Class ab 26. November 2013
Sehr geehrte Reisebüropartnerin, sehr geehrter Reisebüropartner,
aktuell sind auf innerdeutschen und europäischen Strecken in der Lufthansa Economy Class
kostenfreie Sitzplatzreservierungen in den Buchungsklassen Y, B und M möglich. In den übrigen
Buchungsklassen der Economy Class sind Sitzplatzreservierungen bislang nicht möglich.
Ab 26. November 2013 können alle Passagiere auf innerdeutschen und europäischen Strecken
ihren Wunschsitzplatz in der Economy Class schon bei der Reservierung wählen. In den
Buchungsklassen Y, B, M, U, H, Q und V wird dies kostenfrei möglich sein. Passagiere, die in den
Klassen W, S, T, E*, L und K reisen, haben die Möglichkeit, zu einem Preis von 10 € pro Segment
eine Sitzplatzreservierung zu tätigen. Damit besteht künftig für gemeinsam reisende Fluggäste auch
die Möglichkeit, bereits vor dem Check-in Sitzplätze nebeneinander zu reservieren.
Passagiere in der Economy Class, die mit mehr Beinfreiheit reisen möchten, können unabhängig
von der Buchungsklasse einen Sitzplatz am Notausgang zu einem Preis von 20 € (Kont) bzw.
60 € (Interkont) pro Segment reservieren.
Die genannten Sitzplatzreservierungen sind für HON Circle Member und Senatoren sowie deren
Mitreisende kostenfrei.
Die Abwicklung erfolgt über das bereits bekannte neue IATA-Standard Electronic Miscellaneous
Document (EMD). Da das EMD derzeit noch nicht interlinefähig ist, können Sitzplatzreservierungen
zunächst nur auf reinen Lufthansa Flügen (Lufthansa operated** und Lufthansa Flugnummer) in
Verbindung mit einem Lufthansa Dokument gebucht werden.
Zu Beginn ist der Verkauf von Sitzplatzreservierungen ausschließlich über Amadeus möglich, ab
Dezember 2013 außerdem über Travelport. Weitere GDS sind bereits in Vorbereitung und werden in
2014 folgen.
Seite 2 – DE 068/13
17. Oktober 2013
Neben dem Verkauf über die Lufthansa Service Center und Ticketschalter werden
Sitzplatzreservierungen zunächst ausschließlich über Reisebüros buchbar sein – der Verkauf über
lufthansa.com ist für Frühjahr 2014 geplant.
Detaillierte Informationen zur operativen Abwicklung – insbesondere hinsichtlich Umbuchung und
Erstattung – stellen wir Ihnen Mitte November zur Verfügung.
Für Fragen steht Ihnen Ihr Lufthansa Sales & Service Team gerne zur Verfügung.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.