Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ASR fee for SEN on a FRA-KRK light fare?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2021, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
ASR fee for SEN on a FRA-KRK light fare?

Booked in economy on a LH flight from FRA to KRK early next year and called in to make seat selections for four travelers.LH website shows "Lufthansa HON Circle Members and Senators travelling with up to three companions can reserve seats free of charge on medium- and long-haul flights operated by Lufthansa, Lufthansa Regional and Lufthansa Cityline in all booking classes."

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/seat...-economy-class

Agent declined the request for free ASR on the basic of it being a Economy Light fare. He wouldn't budge but he also couldn't explain why.

At first, I thought maybe it's not considered to be medium- or long-haul, but looking at LH catering pages, the standard seems to be anything over 60 minutes to be a medium-haul flight. ("On short-haul flights, up to 30 minutes, we will welcome you with our Lufthansa chocolate. If you are on a somewhat longer flight, up to 60 minutes, you will also receive a free bottle of mineral water.")

Then, I thought maybe it was due to Seats in the preferred seating zone. Nope, it's even for Standard seating.
Agent again reiterated that the issue is somehow the Economy Light fare.

Anyone know what's happening here?
Old Oct 29, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: LH SEN
They are correct.

FRA - KRK is Zone 1 and you don't get free ASR with a Light fare in any of the areas no matter your status.
Grog and hugolover like this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Nevermind...I've answered my own question where two LH agents couldn't. Regardless of the length of flight, this is considered a Zone 1 flight and thus only free of charge for:
– Economy Classic and Economy Flex passengers
– Lufthansa Express Rail (all fares)
– Passengers with award tickets//passengers in booking class X
– HON Circle Members and Senators (except when they are travelling on an Economy Light fare)

Mod, consider deleting this thread unless my shame is worth leaving it here as information for other potential ignoramuses like me.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supine
They are correct.

FRA - KRK is Zone 1 and you don't get free ASR with a Light fare in any of the areas no matter your status.
Thanks! You got it in one minute before me. After looking at the chart three times, the answer becomes obvious. The distracter for me was their reference to medium- and long-haul in the Conditions box. That sent my mind thinking before even getting to the link which firmly defines the zones regardless of length of flight.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fly LOT, ASR is free on Saver (their version of Light) but only for you and not your companions, which is weird…
Grog and TPJ like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.