FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA & MUC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1481841-avis-offer-3h-99-porsche-rentals-hon-f-pax-fra-muc.html)

oliver2002 Jul 3, 2013 3:04 am

Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA & MUC

HON & F pax get 99€ Porsche 3h rentals from Avis. You can book it at the FCT or in advance: http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...l=en&cid=18002

cbellero Jul 3, 2013 3:13 am

I am amazed that the 99,10 EUR offer includes fuel. In three hours you could easily burn that much. But it would be hard to stay under 150 km total mileage even if you max the speedometer.

TRAVELSIG Jul 3, 2013 4:03 am

Originally Posted by cbellero (Post 21032453)
I am amazed that the 99,10 EUR offer includes fuel. In three hours you could easily burn that much. But it would be hard to stay under 150 km total mileage even if you max the speedometer.

I think there are two ideas here:
1) Porsche is sponsoring this to encourage the purchase of a Porsche
2) Avis is encouraging customers to keep the car for more than 3 hours (and thus generate incremental revenue) or to rerent in the future (repeat business)

Last Year there was a very good Sixt offer on the M3 which I took them up on as I flew into Munich and had a meeting about a 3 hour drive away. With the M3 it was a two hour drive (although certainly not risk free).

dre_techie Jul 3, 2013 4:20 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 21032594)
I think there are two ideas here:
1) Porsche is sponsoring this to encourage the purchase of a Porsche
2) Avis is encouraging customers to keep the car for more than 3 hours (and thus generate incremental revenue) or to rerent in the future (repeat business)

Last Year there was a very good Sixt offer on the M3 which I took them up on as I flew into Munich and had a meeting about a 3 hour drive away. With the M3 it was a two hour drive (although certainly not risk free).

At least the 911 is being offered, previous offers charged more for the 911 than Panamera or Boxster. Probably the 99EUR covers insurance, cleaning and fuel.

I took the Sixt M3 convertible offer last year from Munich, never got the 6000 miles they promised, M&M said they couldn't find any such promo which was featured when HONs log in to the M&M website.

Similarly there's an offer from Sixt for HON now for an Aston Martin DB9 Volante from 675EUR for 3 days, or any number of days for 225EUR (with 200km/day, insurance), but may charge the premium location surcharge from the airport. They offer 2000 award miles with it. :td:

TRAVELSIG Jul 3, 2013 4:27 am

Originally Posted by dre_techie (Post 21032639)
At least the 911 is being offered, previous offers charged more for the 911 than Panamera or Boxster. Probably the 99EUR covers insurance, cleaning and fuel.

I took the Sixt M3 convertible offer last year from Munich, never got the 6000 miles they promised, M&M said they couldn't find any such promo which was featured when HONs log in to the M&M website.

Similarly there's an offer from Sixt for HON now for an Aston Martin DB9 Volante from 675EUR for 3 days, or any number of days for 225EUR (with 200km/day, insurance), but may charge the premium location surcharge from the airport. They offer 2000 award miles with it. :td:

Funny you should mention- I never got the 6000 miles either.

Aston Martin would be fun but I don't have any time right now for a "joy ride" unfortunately.

As usual in general Miles&More seems to be pursuing the time tested and proven strategy of offering veyr few bonuses to HON circle members until they go away (and thus become SEN).

oliver2002 Jul 3, 2013 6:42 am

I imagine all the FCT maximisers will now hop in a Porsche and drive around on their 12h layover in FRA. :eek:

TRAVELSIG Jul 3, 2013 8:22 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 21033055)
I imagine all the FCT maximisers will now hop in a Porsche and drive around on their 12h layover in FRA. :eek:

In 3 hour blocks that would get a bit pricey (3*3) especially if converting let's say USD to EUR?

oliver2002 Jul 3, 2013 9:59 am

nah, a maximising routine would be:

Land in FRA, walk over to FCT: 15-25 min
Have a bath, collect duckie: 30-60 min
Have breakfast: 1h
Take photos, write blog entry, make video: 1h
Take a porsche for a spin: 3h
Take a bath to collect duckie #2 and wash off the cold sweat of driving faster than 70 mph: 30 min
Have a 5 course meal: 1h
Sample various whiskeys: 30 min
Write blog entry about porsche ride on the Autobahn: 1h
etc etc

TRAVELSIG Jul 3, 2013 10:05 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 21034116)
nah, a maximising routine would be:

Land in FRA, walk over to FCT: 15-25 min
Have a bath, collect duckie: 30-60 min
Have breakfast: 1h
Take photos, write blog entry, make video: 1h
Take a porsche for a spin: 3h
Take a bath to collect duckie #2 and wash off the cold sweat of driving faster than 70 mph: 30 min
Have a 5 course meal: 1h
Sample various whiskeys: 30 min
Write blog entry about porsche ride on the Autobahn: 1h
etc etc

Got it. I saw another person 2 weeks ago in the FCT FRA with the handheld video camera walking around with the narrative "Hi, I am in the First Class Terminal at Frankfurt....."- does get old very quickly. Imagine the poor soul who has to actually watch their friend/partner/loved one video! Really.

volta Jul 3, 2013 10:05 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 21032654)
Aston Martin would be fun but I don't have any time right now for a "joy ride" unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind to get it for a joy ride, especially when have a one day layover in FRA.
It would be fun to show up at meeting with DB9 Volante :D

dre_techie Jul 3, 2013 10:41 am

@:-) This is the rockstar answer of how you get to the FCT terminal from the main terminal. Walk to the AVIS counter, pick up a 911, set the nav FCT, optionally drive one of the proposed routes.

Not sure if the maximizer's itinerary will work with the driving component since I think the person will have consumed too much alcohol on the first flight to FRA.

htb Jul 3, 2013 12:21 pm

I am amazed that the 99,10 EUR offer includes fuel. In three hours you could easily burn that much.

99,10€ only up to 150 km. If you manage to drive 300 km in these three hours, you'd pay almost 150€ on top (150 km x 0,99€/km).

But it would be hard to stay under 150 km total mileage even if you max the speedometer.

I don't understand that part.

HTB.

Circumknowitall Jul 3, 2013 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 21034142)
Imagine the poor soul who has to actually watch their friend/partner/loved one video! Really.

Not sure that applies

NewbieRunner Jul 3, 2013 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Circumknowitall (Post 21035211)

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 21034142)
Imagine the poor soul who has to actually watch their friend/partner/loved one video! Really.

Not sure that applies

No, a link to the video has already been posted in TR and eager FTers are watching it as we speak. Just go to TR and do a search for "FCT video". ;)

Ari Jul 3, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm so glad I looked on this forum today to see if there were any changes in the last few months at FRA/LH.

I have a 7-hour layover and a friend was going to meet me at the airport; Instead I'll go meet her! (But I will have to keep a strict eye on the stopwatch!). I wish I could double it and do 300km/200EUR and 6 hours, but I'll take what I can get. What great timing!