Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Will paying for Advanced Seat Assignment negatively impact my upgrade chances?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2021, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

HI folks:

I'm trying to upgrade an TATL flight on LH. Booked as LH flight, ticketed by UA.

I've had lots of success with this before, but the rules have changed a bit.

I'm currently booked in Premium Economy E class. Waitlisted for an upgrade to Business Class. My question is, if I go ahead and pay the $50 for an advanced seat assignment in Premium Economy, will this negatively impact my changes at getting the upgrade to Business? I know, for example, if I had special ordered a meal in Premium Economy it could impact upgrade chances.

The cabin on my flight seems full and I'd prefer to pay and get an aisle seat. But only if this doesn't impact my upgrade chances.

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No impact whatsoever.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, cos its not refunded!
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
OT, but why would you pay for ASR?

It is beyond me why pay for ASR when you are able to select seat during OLCI. Just do early OLCI and you will be fine.

Anyway, the chance that you will get upgraded is slim; close to zero.
romans likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SK AAR
OT, but why would you pay for ASR?

It is beyond me why pay for ASR when you are able to select seat during OLCI. Just do early OLCI and you will be fine.
If I want legrrom for certain, OLCI is simply a gamble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.