Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA & MUC

Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:33 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ngfan
Two additional infos: A single Gold Card is fine for them otherwise two cc's on the driver with different providers (i.e. MC-AMEX, VISA-MC, AMEX-VISA...) necessary. For LH cc Gold Card holders with FTL status there will be confusion when using only this single cc (as the card is no more gold but silver looking). Let them call M&M CC service and have it confirmed that you hold a gold card. Signature not to use the Porsche for races, race tracks, off road tracks has to be given.
I will comment that they didn't ask me for anything in addition to my Amex Plat; another poster had a different experience, so that is interesting.

Just a word of friendly caution to those with little experience of high speed driving in the German autobahn environment. Don't push the pedal to the metal if you feel jetlagged or unfit. It may cost you a lot of money, many regrets or worse, yours or some other's health.
That's good advice.

You don't have to go top speed to fully enjoy a Porsche ride.
(emphasis added)

I would respectfully disagree with this statement. You don't have to go top speed to enjoy a Porsche ride . . . but to fully enjoy it, I'd stay top speed is necessary.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Can you guys confirm fuel is included and that I do not have to stop and refuel before getting back to FCT?

thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA

Yes, I can confirm.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Yes, I can confirm.
+1
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:24 pm
Suspended

The rental confirmation doesn't say fuel included... Is that normal?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
The rental confirmation doesn't say fuel included... Is that normal?
Yes. But the LH offer does say otherwise and the Avis ladies at FRA do confirm.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 6:30 pm

Has anyone successfully rented one while riding on business instead of first? I'm afraid I won't be able to book an F seat using my UA miles, but I really want to rent a porsche. The avis link seems to work without verifying my flight info. Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by hamburglar
Has anyone successfully rented one while riding on business instead of first? I'm afraid I won't be able to book an F seat using my UA miles, but I really want to rent a porsche. The avis link seems to work without verifying my flight info. Thanks.
It can be hit or miss I guess but I have never heard from others who used the offer that the Avis guys checked their bp or HON status. They did not verify my bp at least so they didn't care if I was flying in F. They had their hands full to do all the paperwork and verify my cc while a long line of other jealous Avis renters was building up behind me I would give it a try.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by hamburglar
I suspect you will be fine. I was never asked for any LH or flight info in person.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:05 pm

I will be transiting through FRA coming in from IAD and continuing to TXL later in the day. Currently I have an F upg on WL, but I am expecting it to confirm. Thus, I just registered for the offer. I am wondering now what happens if my upg does not confirm and I will arrive in C. Will I get into trouble or will they simply cancel the booking? Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:26 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
I know this thread is kind of old but to those doing this offer (or any high speed driving) please do yourselves and others a favor and check the tire condition and air pressure before setting out.

I have seen far too many nice rental/loaner cars that have horrible pressure in them and I would hate to see anyone have trouble.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by ded0r
I will be transiting through FRA coming in from IAD and continuing to TXL later in the day. Currently I have an F upg on WL, but I am expecting it to confirm. Thus, I just registered for the offer. I am wondering now what happens if my upg does not confirm and I will arrive in C. Will I get into trouble or will they simply cancel the booking? Thanks!
You will probably be fine, today they didn't check my boarding pass. The only problem i had was there weren't any routes available on the gps (as i read somewhere else), so i didn't know where to drive. And the gps system on porsche is really unfriendly.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Carq
You will probably be fine, today they didn't check my boarding pass. The only problem i had was there weren't any routes available on the gps (as i read somewhere else), so i didn't know where to drive. And the gps system on porsche is really unfriendly.
I also am confident that they won't even know (nor care) if you are flying C or Y or not at all.

Regarding the GPS, when I drove back in July there was 13100 KM and I was solo so just drove till I hit 75km and returned. AMRivlin will be driving in a matter of hours and discovered this little bit of info to change the language on the GPS so you can take advantage of the provided routes.

Setting the language:
1. Press the CAR button
2. Press the OPTION button
3. Select “Set PCM system”
“Language PCM”
4. Select the desired language
To start the navigation system:
1. Press the NAVI button.
2. Press the STORED DESTINATIONS
button.
3. Select the desired destination
Old Oct 26, 2013, 3:18 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I just completed my drive. (In FCT, Pictures soon)

We picked up the car at 7:30am and headed north on the A3 towards Linburg, immediately it was evident today was a bad day for cruising. Torrential Down Pours for about 40 minutes. Out of slight fear and frustrantion we detoured to explore the township of Idstein. Boy was that a great idea. We toured the heritage sites and castle and put the top down on the convertible and raced around the farm lands and forests.

On returning the car we could NOT find the FCT (We found it on the arrivals level but never on departures) So we returned the car to the Avis Garage. Oh well.

Car: 911 Carrera Convertible
Stats: Max Speed 175kph (Wanted to be safe in the rain)
Distance: 121km
Time: 3:01
Tickets: Probably one. We had a photo taken in some town where I was doing 45 in a 30.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:37 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Tickets: Probably one. We had a photo taken in some town where I was doing 45 in a 30.
That will probably not be too expensive with a fee of 25€ according to here: http://www.bussgeldkatalog-mpu.de/bu...schwindigkeit/

Still, I hope you'll have to pay up because I disapprove speeding as it puts others at risk. A pedestrian might might be killed, while the driver of a car just will be mightly surprised.

HTB.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.