Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA & MUC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Thanks for the working link. I just used it to confirm a rental for next month. Does anyone know if they can pick you up or drop you off at the FCT?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:23 am

This might sound a little crazy, but what if I don't want to drive on the Autobahn and instead want to take a scenic route along the Rhine? Any recommendations?

Also, what are people doing for insurance? It seems CDW is already included in the rate so my AMEX PCRP wouldn't help.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
This might sound a little crazy, but what if I don't want to drive on the Autobahn and instead want to take a scenic route along the Rhine? Any recommendations?
Do any of these routes appeal?

http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p..._959042380.pdf
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by batmandds
Thanks for the working link. I just used it to confirm a rental for next month. Does anyone know if they can pick you up or drop you off at the FCT?
You can drop off the car at the FCT. As far as I know, you have to go to the Avis counter (part of the main terminal complex) to pick up the car.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thanks NewbieRunner, my guess would be the 1st or 4th routes, but hard to say, unless someone else here has also driven those routes.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, British Airways, Alaska
Name:  IMG_5841.jpg
Views: 1775
Size:  1.11 MB
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:33 am

Epic! ^
Old Oct 25, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Was there an option between 4 and 4s?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:35 am

No, they just gave us what was available. Like I mentioned they put us each on both cars as drivers at no extra charge so we each got to drive both. The C4 was awesome and the C4S even better

More horsepower, a cooler steering wheel and interior.

Also, the built in GPS's were pretty handy. We didn't follow a route, just kept driving and then set it for MUC with half an hour left and drove back.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, UA GLD, Marriott GLD, Hyatt GLD
Dare I ask if anyone has any experience pulling this off while flying C/J?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by phillykp
Dare I ask if anyone has any experience pulling this off while flying C/J?
Funny you say that. We were never once asked to see our boarding passes. The First Class lounge attendant did call ahead for us though.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Sean22mac
Funny you say that. We were never once asked to see our boarding passes. The First Class lounge attendant did call ahead for us though.
That's what I saw as being posted earlier on the thread, hence the question. We'll see
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:11 am

Fun 2.5 hours...
Attached Images  
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by Sean22mac
My friend and I just completed the 3 hour rental out of MUC. When we first arrived at the counter all they had was two Porsche Macans. The agent was doing up the paperwork and a coworker came up to him and said two 911's just came ready. One was a C4 and the other a C4S. Both Black on Black with low KM's. He put our names on both so we could switch cars.
I have a related question. My wife and I are flying DTW-FRA-PEK, all LH F with a 10+ hr layover. We'd like to rent porsche, go into the city, have a leisurely lunch, and do some shopping. It would obviously be possible to do what you did, rent two simultaneously; as well as rent two sequentially, returning the first back to FRA and picking up the second in the other person's name.

What I would like to do is rent one porsche without returning to FRA for 200euro, with 300km for 6 hours. Has anyone done this before?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
I have a related question. My wife and I are flying DTW-FRA-PEK, all LH F with a 10+ hr layover. We'd like to rent porsche, go into the city, have a leisurely lunch, and do some shopping. It would obviously be possible to do what you did, rent two simultaneously; as well as rent two sequentially, returning the first back to FRA and picking up the second in the other person's name.

What I would like to do is rent one porsche without returning to FRA for 200euro, with 300km for 6 hours. Has anyone done this before?
Play on the reservation link page - Price stays 99.9/150 km until hour 4 and changes to 300 euros/200km at hours 5-8.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.