Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Austrian OS long haul experience [merged reports]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold,OW SIL, SPG GOLD.
The 3rd 772 has been refurbished now and will take off to NRT tomorrow:

http://austrianaviation.net/news-reg...kabine-ab.html

So one more 772 to go. The second refurbished 763 will be ready by mid of April. Then 50% of the (very small) longhaul fleet will have the new cabin. I'm curious if they will make it until October.
Old May 6, 2013, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Now all the 772 and 2 763 are refurbished. One more 763 will be ready in 2 weeks and then there are still 3 that will need the new cabin. So the chances to have a refurbished plane are good. For flights to NRT, JFK, BKK and MLE the chance is now 100%
Old May 6, 2013, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by SENfly
Now all the 772 and 2 763 are refurbished. One more 763 will be ready in 2 weeks and then there are still 3 that will need the new cabin. So the chances to have a refurbished plane are good. For flights to NRT, JFK, BKK and MLE the chance is now 100%
Are JFK flights back to 772 for the summer schedule?
Old May 6, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
For people who have flown in the 772 already, what is the best seat in J for a tall person (6 feet or taller)? Thanks
Old May 6, 2013, 9:59 am

very nice video review of the new OS Business class seat aboard 763,

http://www.modhop.com/video-austrian...usiness-class/
Old May 6, 2013, 11:02 am

duplicate

Last edited by divjan; May 6, 2013 at 11:15 am Reason: duplicate post
Old May 6, 2013, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by divjan
Are JFK flights back to 772 for the summer schedule?
Yes since Sunday.
Old May 6, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: Most at varying levels of elite-ness.
Originally Posted by divjan
very nice video review of the new OS Business class seat aboard 763,

http://www.modhop.com/video-austrian...usiness-class/
Thanks!

...and if you're dealt the older biz, there's our review of that one too.

http://www.modhop.com/video-austrian...lass-intl-old/
Old May 30, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: DL Gold, WN A-List, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Avis 1st
Austrian airline

I was on OS 065 on 5/25 from VIE to ORD business.

All new lay flat seats with variable softness controls. Also the new monitors are very large which made watching movies great. The food service was fantastic.

All together a very good business class seat.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
OS ORD-VIE in C mini-trip report

My partner and I redeemed UA files to fly ORD - VIE and back in OS C.

The SAS lounge in ORD was crowded, had poor food options, and no bathrooms. The Swiss lounge, though further from OS' gate, is a much better option.

Boarding in ORD was a little haphazard. They boarded families with small children before business class.

The flight itself was fantastic. The new C product on the 767 is beautiful! Lie flat beds, HUGE screens with really nice navigation, a decent (not amazing though) selection of movies, music, and TV shows. Also an on board chef (chef's hat and everything) and a multi-course meal that was of a high quality. The seats are a tad narrow but overall very comfortable. There is also a lot of "counter space" around the C seats so you don't have to find places to stuff your book, iPad etc. They clearly put a lot of thought and design work into this business class and it shows. I'd rank it above LH C.

It doesn't have pods though. As I was traveling with somebody, I preferred it this way (with DL or AC-style pods, you can't really communicate with the person next to you) but I understand that particularly solo travelers like the pods more.

The flight crew was very friendly and attentive and I felt very well served.

I would fly OS C in the new configuration again any time.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: LH FTL
http://www.red-blog.at/en/2013/06/ap...usiness-class/ c-class report VIE - JFK
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I flew new business on the 777 this week- very good- the group improved on the Lx seat and combined with the (almost) always good inflight service of Austrian this is a good way to get to Asia. I recommend this FWIW.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: SK EBD, AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GNVGator
For people who have flown in the 772 already, what is the best seat in J for a tall person (6 feet or taller)? Thanks
I would strongly recommend a bulkhead aisle seat since that seems to give some extra space for the feet. I am tall (6'4) with corresponding foot size (12) and found the sleeping experience extremely uncomfortable on a recent flight (I had a non-bulkhead seat). The space for the feet is really extremely cramped.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Economy seats - do arm rests go all the way up

On the 763s does anyone know if the arm rests go up? (e.g. if you get the middle 3 section to yourself, do the arm rests go all the way up so you can lie down or are they QR style where they only go up at a 45 degrees angle and make it impossible to lie down?

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:19 am
Original Poster

The 763 OE-LAW is back from the refurbishment. Now only 2 767 to go. This means that all 10 longhaul planes should be ready by September.
Now you only have one chance out of ten to have the old cabin. Most probably this will be either on flights to Delhi or Toronto.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.