Austrian OS long haul experience [merged reports]

Old Jan 24, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: LH FTL
This is a seat map of the 777 .. I'm flying to NYC in march .. Is 9A a good seat ? .. i would choose 7A but there is a galley (does it mean that there is no window ? )

Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by SENfly
The first flight if 763 with the new cabin was today to DXB.
To answer your question, in J you are directly next to the window with a table between the seat and the aisle. Or you sit directly next to the aisle with a table between the seat and the window. Check this article with picture (only in german):

http://austrianaviation.net/news-reg...er-kabine.html
Not as nice, but it will do!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: LH HON, Privelege Platinum
poor upgrade management

OS is doing a really bad job on this upgrade. I can understand that the upgrade takes time and needs to go through regulatory approval BUT how can it be that one week before the flight takes place, you are offered online the new configuration and when you fly, it's still the old configuration.

Honestly, this is cheating. OS should not lie nor give false expectations to its customers. Everybody knows how bad the old business class is. If I book a flight and see the new configuration, I have great expectations... that are then deeply deceived...

Pursers from OS are deeply sorry about these delays and don't know what to say anymore.

On a recent flight from Bangkok to VIE, a few HON on business class complained about this to the purser. The flights had 48 hours before departure the new configuration... and none of us were informed of the change.

For me, i have not taken one flight this year yet with OS/LH. Still HON for 2 years but i found QR to Asia much better. With status match, I was even upgraded on my first flight to HK. Perfect business class ... and this for 650 EUR return...
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:38 am

Double Post, sorry

Last edited by Super80; Jan 29, 2013 at 8:44 am
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:39 am

Due to delays, weather, technicals etc. there can occur aircraft-changes. For sure it is a disappointment if you expect the new config. and get the old one, but they say on their booking tool that there can be last minute changes. Better than a delayed/cancelled flight, isn't it? And the fact is you pay for transportation from A to B on time in the booked class, and not for a special product. And honestly you don't have to sit on the floor. Nearly the whole LH-fleet is flying with a similar old C-product. And if the seats were that bad like everybody tells here, I wonder how can a whole C-Class cabin can fall asleep every flight I do with OS....
And if QR/EK etc. is so much better, enjoy hanging around at an Airport for sveral hours in the middle of the night.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Super80
And if QR/EK etc. is so much better, enjoy hanging around at an Airport for sveral hours in the middle of the night.
With the new frequency EK in particular has been adding the middle of the night problem does not exist any more.

It is not a matter of if QR/EK are so much better- it is wanting to have the experience that was advertised and paid for- which is not really that unreasonable. When I have trouble with my Audi- they don't respond "well if you think this is bad buy a BMW and see what happens in the first six months" or "Well obviously Lexus is an unfair competitor" or "Well look at GM they went into Chapter 11 and we will too if we don't deliver 20% less value than what you want".

The excuse of "middle of the night" is gone. And DXB is now the 3rd busiest airport in the world. I want LH to have a product that at least competes- and that is not unreasonable to ask for.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:35 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
I too am one of those let down by the delays in upgrading the planes. I am flying LX to BKK in 2 weeks time. For my return I booked OS as it was showing the new configuration, both on the OS site and on Expertflyer. Then it was changed to old config and then back to new then back to old again. Now it looks like I'm stuck in the old seats. And I for one cannot sleep in the old seats as I find them the hardest seats in the sky. I cannot change my booking as I am on a Z fare.

I also have a flight VIE to BKK at the end of March. It's still showing new config but I expect that will change.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:47 am

@BobBHX:
Ask for a second blanket and put it onto the seat, which improves and softens the old seat.

@TRAVELSIG: Good that EK just offers one type of F/C Class....
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:13 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Mike Indo

Honestly, this is cheating. OS should not lie nor give false expectations to its customers. Everybody knows how bad the old business class is. If I book a flight and see the new configuration, I have great expectations... that are then deeply deceived...
I have to say that I find this less "cheating" than the huge LH billboard ads that promote the "Hotel Business Class" experience as if it were available on all aircraft...

Unfortunately, delays are always to be expected, and all more or less decent airlines I fly with regularly advertise only their newest product while the fly around with 2-3 different seat generations in C and/or F (TK, QR, LX, EK, TG, etc.)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:25 am

[QUOTE=vienna-resident;20151364]

I have to say that I find this less "cheating" than the huge LH billboard ads that promote the "Hotel Business Class" experience as if it were available on all aircraft...

QUOTE]

+1 ^
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:26 pm

Brief report of new OS 777 in J:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...usiness-class/

He'll publish a more detailed trip report later.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Flying Blue Platinum, Executive Club nobody, Hilton Gold, Sol Melia MAS Gold
New Austrian C Class Seating Configuration

I flew the new C class from BKK on 30/01. I don't find a seatmap anywhere online, so for those of you wondering which seat to reserve, the configuration is

1-2-1
2-2-2

The single seats A, K in the odd rows have space on both sides. In the middle, the odd rows have space both sides in G, and opposite for the even rows.

Seat is very similar to the LX seat, with a few improvements like a bigger screen and fancier looking seat control, water bottle holders, etc. I found the gap between the two cushions bigger than on swiss when fully reclined. Additionally, the seat felt a little bit shorter but overall very good.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
Originally Posted by robin.goodman
I flew the new C class from BKK on 30/01. I don't find a seatmap anywhere online, so for those of you wondering which seat to reserve, the configuration is

1-2-1
2-2-2

The single seats A, K in the odd rows have space on both sides. In the middle, the odd rows have space both sides in G, and opposite for the even rows.

Seat is very similar to the LX seat, with a few improvements like a bigger screen and fancier looking seat control, water bottle holders, etc. I found the gap between the two cushions bigger than on swiss when fully reclined. Additionally, the seat felt a little bit shorter but overall very good.
So the even rows are 6 seats across on the 777?

Anyone know the layout for the 767 yet?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
There is already a pretty extensive discussion in First Details of Austrian's Longhaul Refurbish presented [merged OS new C] as well as New OS long haul cabin experience
Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold,OW SIL, SPG GOLD.
Originally Posted by Arcanum
Anyone know the layout for the 767 yet?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...re4559-767.jpg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.