Wiki Posts
Search

Austrian OS long haul experience [merged reports]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2013, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by more4less
It was in the Male route(OS).

Good luck if you try it.
I managed to do it as HON, when flight to MLE was shoing C2 D0 Z0 (got companion business reward tickets). Took a bit of persuasion. But that was about 3 years ago, may not be possible any longer.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 9:45 pm

Is there a published schedule for the rest of the network?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold,OW SIL, SPG GOLD.
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Is there a published schedule for the rest of the network?
There is a tool on their website where you get the information if your next flight will have the new cabin. You just need to add your destination and date. The problem is that it is being changed daily.

I think that it will be very tight to refurbish all planes by April.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:45 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SENfly
There is a tool on their website where you get the information if your next flight will have the new cabin. You just need to add your destination and date. The problem is that it is being changed daily.

I think that it will be very tight to refurbish all planes by April.
They have now even stated themselves that refurbishment of the whole fleet will take until August at the very least... Until then, it's "hit or miss", unfortunately...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
They have now even stated themselves that refurbishment of the whole fleet will take until August at the very least... Until then, it's "hit or miss", unfortunately...
That was expected. Anyway, in Vienna we are already used to wait. Compared to 4 extra years for a Terminal this is really easy :-)
Old Jan 16, 2013, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Just received the new newsletter from Austrian, the refurbished 772 is now flying on the Tokyo and Bangkok route. This means that if you are lucky you will fly the new cabin, as both routes can´t be served to 100% at the same time.
The first refurbished 763 will be on the DXB route from 22nd of January.
This means the routes with direct competition are being served first (DXB due to EK and BKK due to BR).
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
That was expected. Anyway, in Vienna we are already used to wait. Compared to 4 extra years for a Terminal this is really easy :-)
I hope the wait for the new cabins is worth more than the wait for the new terminal was...
Old Jan 16, 2013, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk

I hope the wait for the new cabins is worth more than the wait for the new terminal was...
Sure it will. Nothing can be worse than the new terminal.
BTW they are reworking the terminal again, but I don't think it will help a lot.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Sure it will. Nothing can be worse than the new terminal.
BTW they are reworking the terminal again, but I don't think it will help a lot.
Only if they tear it down and start from scratch
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:04 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Does anyone know if the single seats in J all have the table area between the seat and the window?

(I prefer to be away from the aisle)

Any trip reports out there? I looked but can't see any...
Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Does anyone know if the single seats in J all have the table area between the seat and the window?

(I prefer to be away from the aisle)

Any trip reports out there? I looked but can't see any...
For the 772 the single seat in J, also called the "throne", you have a table on both sides of the seat. You seat in the middle.
For the 763 I'm not sure as the first flight will in the next days, so pictures should be available soon.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
For the 772 the single seat in J, also called the "throne", you have a table on both sides of the seat. You seat in the middle.
For the 763 I'm not sure as the first flight will in the next days, so pictures should be available soon.

Super. I am on the 763 to DXB...
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Super. I am on the 763 to DXB...
The first flight if 763 with the new cabin was today to DXB.
To answer your question, in J you are directly next to the window with a table between the seat and the aisle. Or you sit directly next to the aisle with a table between the seat and the window. Check this article with picture (only in german):

http://austrianaviation.net/news-regional/news-detail/datum/2013/01/19/austrian-premiere-fuer-767-mit-neuer-kabine.html

Last edited by SENfly; Jan 19, 2013 at 2:58 pm
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Is it not going to be like Swiss - i.e. the throne is only on the A side with the K side having the table on the left or right depending on whether it is an odd or even row.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BobBHX
Is it not going to be like Swiss - i.e. the throne is only on the A side with the K side having the table on the left or right depending on whether it is an odd or even row.
To my knowledge for the 772 you will have a throne on A and K in every 2nd row, as the configuration is 2-2-2 and 1-2-1, so the single seat should be a throne.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.