Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA Master Thread???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero
As a 1K I never understood why LH did care about us - much more than about me when I impersonated the SEN.

These days I understand: 1K => revenue for tix and lounge entry. SEN=cost for priority boarding and lounge entry and miles owed .....
I think secretly Star Alliance has hired you as a consultant to test their CRM: if you get bumped, downgraded, or have your reservation cancelled for no apparent reason- the CRM is working well- otherwise there need to be some updates.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I personally like the frequent dropping of the line "I will never fly with Lufthansa again"......
...while the lounge attendant is thinking, "please, don't make such a promise unless you intend to keep it..."
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I had the classic German WDWIB in the club of the SHA Hyatt last week. Talking on the bberry to his friend in Cologne very loudly in German. Somehow all Businesskasper think that if you don't look German you don't understand German
Anyway, after going thru details on how exactly his buddy had fun with a female friend the previous weekend he described how he was with his fiancée in Montreux and then hopped on LX to come to PVG and instantly work. The guy didn't like the LX C product at all, he kept insisting how much better the LH F was that he flew HKG-FRA the week before. He was leaving on ANA F to TYO in the evening and would be in HKG again tomorrow. Oh, and his fiancée had a jewellery business on the side that took her to Paris, Dubai & New York. 'Can you believe it? She already sold stuff for 100k this year!' (sounded like the Jodeldiplom )
You could have said "Hello mamb0, nice to meet you in person"
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by mamb0
nice one
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
FT moment of the year
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG

5) The Canadian who pretends to be polite while attempting to bump your upgrade

If someone finds this offensive please delete or simply understand it was meant in good fun and certainly not to actually reflect any certain nationality (except for the 1Ks where I hold this is the case).
LMAO @ 5). Anyone who has seen the gate action for a domestic flight upgrade from YYZ knows that Canadians really aren't polite or on flights back to Canada can't queue any more politely than serial offenders like Germans or Russians
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mamb0
Nope, since we are facebook buddies I know how you look like And your wife is not a aspiring jeweler from Montreux
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:21 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by N1003U
Aren't you still a SEN? Or have you been officially blacklisted...
Both.

But I sometimes traveled as a 1K.
I would love to believe that the LH accounting system is so primitive and naive--it would explain a lot of things, but I can't quite make myself believe LH is that dumb.
It's not about LH being dumb, it is about the general trend of managers and politicians to cling to the believe that everyone else is tarded.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Nice stories.

Here are two more:

Many years ago, on a very short DUS-FRA, when LH domestic still had a 3-3 config in C class. FAs rushing through the cabin for drinks service. Sitting at the window seat some 23 year old Businesskasper, asks for a coffee and an orange juice. FA pours the coffee into a paper cup. Businesskasper refuses to take the cup, and whilst I have the FA's arm and coffee cup in front of my head: "Don't you have those china cups anymore?" - "Sorry Sir, on this flight we only serve from one cart because it is a very short and very full flight" - "So is this your decision now or is this a new policy?" (with the English word "policy" used in an otherwise German sentence) - "I just decided that!", and banged the paper cup on his tray, and whilst he was searching for something catastrophical to say served him his OJ. I was smiling in an understanding way, she rolled her eyes. When it was my turn I asked (loud enough for the Businesskasper in the window seat to hear) for "freshly squeezed strawberry juice in a Baccarat crystal glass please". She burst out laughing and the chap at the window turned red like a tomato

A standard line I use when during boarding at the gate or climbing up the aircraft stairs on the tarmac people push their way into the line: I take a step back and say loudly "Please go ahead, like that your plane seat will arrive in Frankfurt before mine". 50% of cases people step back, other 50% just look embarrassed.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
DYKWIA gets his just desserts

So, I was flying MAN-FRA today and there was a guy with an A3 card (saw it clearly) standing close to the boarding gate at least 20 minutes before boarding was announced, and shuffling left and right every time he sensed someone trying to get past him. An assistance agent wheeling a wheelchair pax tried to get past and was told "I'm a Star Alliance Gold member, and I get to board first I'll have you know." This is a word for word quote....

The GA just said "Sir, you're not helping us to get you all boarded quickly. Please stand out of the way." He grunted but complied.

We were then told that the flight was full, so anyone with two carry ons needed to check one. I complied, but had to work my way past the DYKWIA to do so (more grunts). After around 15 people had gate-checked he was asked to do the same. "I'm a Star Alliance Gold member. I don't have to. I know my rights!".

They let it go....

He boarded 3 places in front of me (yes, he boarded first) and put his big carry on in the business class overhead. He moaned about that too when they told he couldn't. It stayed where it was after much waving of the card. He went back to his seat at 30,000A near the back.

When we arrived at FRA slightly late we docked at a Schengen gate so couldn't use the jet bridge. Instead everyone had to deplane via the back door and bus into B-terminal. Mr DYKWIA was left fuming at the back of the plane waiting for everyone to deplane while berating the FA for not sending one of his colleagues to bring his case to him from the front.

"I'm a Star Alliance Gold member, don't you know! You can't treat me like this!".

Anyway, I saw him again at the Avis line. I queue jumped because I am a Preferred member. That pissed him off but I had the good grace to stay quiet.

I'd love to say he learned his lesson - I seriously doubt it - but the schadenfreude is enough to keep me happy for a while anyway.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Where was his giraffe while this was going on?

When Pier A+ opened a year ago they promised there would be more gate arrivals for shorthaul flights. They were right. Most of my recent flights from MAN have been gate arrivals - but Schengen gates - and having to deplane via the back door is a real pain.

I was departing on a Schengen flight last week from A50. After a long drive under Pier A then Pier B, our bus finally reached the A319 parked at C5 (a non-Schengen gate)!

FRAport must be run by bus drivers' union!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:14 pm

sorry n r..

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

When Pier A+ opened a year ago they promised there would be more gate arrivals for shorthaul flights. They were right. Most of my recent flights from MAN have been gate arrivals - but Schengen gates - and having to deplane via the back door is a real pain.

I was departing on a Schengen flight last week from A50. After a long drive under Pier A then Pier B, our bus finally reached the A319 parked at C5 (a non-Schengen gate)!

FRAport must be run by bus drivers' union!
... but did you actually READ the op's post, or are you joking and i am to dump to get the punchline ?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I'm sure this is funny if you get the joke, but my blonde hair and five weizen beers are at the reins right now.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

I could understand it if the joke was: "Where was his crow while this was going on?"

"That was his second carrion."
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Or, "Where was his elephant while this was going on?"

"Trying to remember where he left his trunk."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.