Wiki Posts
Search

Arrivals from ORD and ARN and lounge access in MUC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2015 kettle

I will be going to ORD-MUC on United in F, meeting a colleague who is coming in from ARN. We both get in at 09:50. Will we both be in a common arrival area where I can get him in as my guest? Thanks, I am not familiar with MUC airport, and I couldn't find the info on LH website.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You will deplane into the H level, your colleague into the G level. You can't get into the G level without a same day boarding pass, so he/she has to come to the H level thru passport control and then you could enter a lounge. Note that LH lounges only provide arrival services for arriving LH pax, *G and their guests only get entry with same day *A BP.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Thx. Is there a *G lounge where arriving (me) United F pax can freshen up, have a drink, etc?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Yes, there is a Senator lounge you can use in level H as *G with same day *A BP, don't know if your UA F BP from the previous day will let you in, but its very likely.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:50 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Can the OP's colleague get into Level H without a BP for a connecting longhaul flight?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:59 am

Yes and no... some border police ask, some don't. I have just passed the controls showing my german ID (card) and the officer asked where I was going. My answer (the H level lounge!) did satisfy him.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 9:04 am

Where are you going next? Are you just arriving in MUC or transferring to another flight?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Staying in Munich.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mickeydfly13
Staying in Munich.
SEN lounges are arrivals lounges for SEN/HON (M&M *G) only. As oliver2002 says your UA F BP might let you into the lounge but you are not entitled according to the lounge access rules.

There are plenty of places in MUC where you could meet if they don't let you into a lounge.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
have a similar qns.

Flying SQ F into MUC, gets in at 5+am. Will I be able to use the arrivals lounge or is it only for LH arriving pax?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:14 am

Only LH. Xyzzy was recently denied entry on arrival using UA metal in C. The LH codeshare argument didn't work either.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mickeydfly13
Staying in Munich.
If staying in Munich- it may be easier just to meet your colleague in the Kempinski hotel which is connected to the airport terminal- that is what we normally do.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:50 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Thanks for the confirmation guys.
Will just use the Regus business lounge in the airport then.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.