Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2016, 7:41 am

I would like to know if I can claim full redeposition of miles (both airfare and taxes) for a cancellation of my ticket.

This is an Austrian Airlines flight SKG-CPH 30.000+18.000 miles

By the way, what is the penalty for the cancellation?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:01 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by gmask
I would like to know if I can claim full redeposition of miles (both airfare and taxes) for a cancellation of my ticket.

This is an Austrian Airlines flight SKG-CPH 30.000+18.000 miles

By the way, what is the penalty for the cancellation?
Hello gmask,
please call my colleagues of Miles & More (http://f.lh.com/GKpE). They will cancel the ticket for you and arrange a refund. The cancellation fee is 50€.
Jens
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: Lufthansa SEN, FB Gold, BA Silver
Clearer communication about the SEN baggage benefits not existing for Light tickets would have been nice. If I would have known I can't take any luggage as SEN benefit but have to pay 25 GBP on luggage drop-off I would have flown BA instead.

Yes it probably says in the fine print somewhere but as SEN you expect the usual benefits to exist regardless of the ticket. What is next? Having to pay extra for priority check-in or using the lounge? It's a joke. This rule will cost you more money than it brings in as I will move part of my business to other carriers.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
it is my experience that they will send you a survey and if you fill it out they will take action and try to resolve the matter... oh wait im in the LH section. sorry.

Originally Posted by KLeM
Clearer communication about the SEN baggage benefits not existing for Light tickets would have been nice. If I would have known I can't take any luggage as SEN benefit but have to pay 25 GBP on luggage drop-off I would have flown BA instead.

Yes it probably says in the fine print somewhere but as SEN you expect the usual benefits to exist regardless of the ticket. What is next? Having to pay extra for priority check-in or using the lounge? It's a joke. This rule will cost you more money than it brings in as I will move part of my business to other carriers.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have a PNR with 6 flights on it: UA-LH-SA-SA-LH-UA.

And again, requesting an upgrade on a UA segment locked up my LH segments so that I can no longer access seat reservations and the upgrade page comes up completely blank - not even listing my flights.

Last time this happened, even the call center couldn't access the record.

I really believe that there is a technical error somewhere. I already PM'd my PNR to LufthansaGermanAirlines.

UPDATE: There are seats available in Premium Economy but the call center cannot process a cash upgrade unless I cancel my UA request. The workaround is to call my travel agent and purchase a full-fare Premium Economy ticket which is more than the discounted business class fare. ** sigh **

Last edited by Ronlap; Sep 12, 2016 at 3:18 pm
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Confusing calendar

Just went to the Top Offers and found this calendar which makes me wonder how reliable are these offers
Attached Images  
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:10 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sventrax
Just went to the Top Offers and found this calendar which makes me wonder how reliable are these offers
What's wrong with this calendar? It shows September and the last few days of August instead of leaving the spaces blank. Much more convenient that way.

HTB.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by htb
What's wrong with this calendar? It shows September and the last few days of August instead of leaving the spaces blank. Much more convenient that way.

HTB.
IMHO it should not show the last three days of August, which by the way are gone.
The normal booking section does put empty squares
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Hi Lurkers

Just a quick question: are you able to help me at all with a very annoying seating issue on OS in an upcoming LH/OS booking? I'm getting absolutely nowhere with OS at the moment so am turning to you guys in desperation.

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jorge_PRG
seems like as result of recent changes of the M&M web layout we somehow lost the opportunity to select the "Selection rewards": the >Exclusively for Senators>Your Select Benefits link is now linked to the "Information regarding your status" page (where nothing can be chosen...)
Is there any update to this? As a SEN, I also cannot see my Selections choices and need to call the contact center. Very annoying customer experience.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: HON**
As *G/HON where can i find details of how I can access express security lines. Whilst travelling with my wife I was told that I could use the express line but she couldn't?
This seems to vary enormously by airports, I am interested in non LH hubs. This particular instance was at BHX
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Hi Lurkers

Just a quick question: are you able to help me at all with a very annoying seating issue on OS in an upcoming LH/OS booking? I'm getting absolutely nowhere with OS at the moment so am turning to you guys in desperation.

Thanks in advance!
Hi gpb_croppers63,

I would like to help out but, as this is the official Lufthansa thread, please keep in touch with Austrian Airlines to solve the issue. We aren't able to verify the seating for you.

Katharina
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by jorge_PRG
seems like as result of recent changes of the M&M web layout we somehow lost the opportunity to select the "Selection rewards": the >Exclusively for Senators>Your Select Benefits link is now linked to the "Information regarding your status" page (where nothing can be chosen...)
Originally Posted by vantage03
Is there any update to this? As a SEN, I also cannot see my Selections choices and need to call the contact center. Very annoying customer experience.
Hi vantage03,

I'm really sorry to hear that this ongoing issue still seems not solved. I have sent a reminder to my colleagues at the Technical support and hope that the problem will be fixed soon!

Katharina
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by biffothebear
As *G/HON where can i find details of how I can access express security lines. Whilst travelling with my wife I was told that I could use the express line but she couldn't?
This seems to vary enormously by airports, I am interested in non LH hubs. This particular instance was at BHX
Hi biffothebear,

an overview on all airports offering the so-called "Gold Track", enabling you to pass quicker through security, can be found here. As for how and if accompanying passengers benefit from such offer just like you do, we are trying to find out for you and will get back once we know more.

Best, Katharina

Last edited by LufthansaGermanAirlines; Oct 18, 2016 at 9:16 am
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi gpb_croppers63,

I would like to help out but, as this is the official Lufthansa thread, please keep in touch with Austrian Airlines to solve the issue. We aren't able to verify the seating for you.

Katharina
Hi Katharina,

Thanks for the response. I thought that would be the case but having got absolutely nowhere with OS, I'm willing to try anything at this point.

I do have one other query for you though: I changed a date on this OS/LH ticket the other day and OS reassure me that the eticket has been reissued correctly but when I pull the eticket up on the LH website, it's still showing the old date (the reservation looks fine in "My bookings", it's just the "Passenger receipt"). If I PM you the PNR, would you be able to take a look at it and see what date is showing on the eticket in your system?

Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.