Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Possible Flight attendant Strike

Is there any word on the negotiations and the possible upcoming Flight Attendant Strike? I'm booked in a PE seat from JNB-FRA-IAD on 6 July, and need to be there for an important meeting. Just wondering if I should sit tight, or rebook with another airline? I got caught a couple of times stranded due to the pilot's strike last year, and can't risk that for this meeting. Any suggestions or insights?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:14 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Genesis321
Hi,

booked a flight FRA-SFO//LAX-FRA in Business, departing in a few Werks. we are a party of 4. my oldest son is 12y old and booked as "MR" into the PNR. however, he would like to have the child/junior menu- no problem I thought. But I've just learned that nobody is able to request a CHML for a person who is booked as a MR. My travel agent was not able to request this meal, the LH hotline was not able, even at the Luftahnsa Service Center at Munich Airport nobody could do it.

It's so ridiculous because I could request any special meal for him (such als VGML etc) but no CHML, how inflexible is Lufthansa? Paid for business class to expect special service and got stuck by the request of a SPML?

Any ideas left how to get this managed?

By the way, same PNR, UA get it managed to confirm a CHML for him, it was confirmed after one phone call....
Dear Genesis321,
the information your got from my colleagues at the airport and on the hotline is correct. A child meal can (technically) only be requested for children up to the age of 11 years. I'm truly sorry that I can't help you in this case.
Jens
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Tanzguy
Is there any word on the negotiations and the possible upcoming Flight Attendant Strike? I'm booked in a PE seat from JNB-FRA-IAD on 6 July, and need to be there for an important meeting. Just wondering if I should sit tight, or rebook with another airline? I got caught a couple of times stranded due to the pilot's strike last year, and can't risk that for this meeting. Any suggestions or insights?
Dear Tanzguy,
at the moment we have no confirmed information about the planned strike actions. The labour union UFO didn't announce any details yet. Therefore we don't know which airports and which flights will be affected or how long the strike will be.
I recommend that you keep checking the "current travel information" on our homepage (http://f.lh.com/NN9R). This page will be updated with the newest information. Please check also the current status of your flight prior departure (http://f.lh.com/chZn).
Jens
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear Tanzguy,
at the moment we have no confirmed information about the planned strike actions. The labour union UFO didn't announce any details yet. Therefore we don't know which airports and which flights will be affected or how long the strike will be.
I recommend that you keep checking the "current travel information" on our homepage (http://f.lh.com/NN9R). This page will be updated with the newest information. Please check also the current status of your flight prior departure (http://f.lh.com/chZn).
Jens
Thanks Jens for the information. If strikes are planned for my travel days, should I call the Senator line to try to rebook, or go to the airport??
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:49 am

Strike now delayed?

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear Tanzguy,
Jens
Is this the same information that you are receiving??

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/deu...ike-2015-06-30
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Tanzguy
Is this the same information that you are receiving??

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/deu...ike-2015-06-30
Hello Tanzguy, yes indeed! Meanwhile, both sides have agreed that no strikes will take place until mid-July. In case of successful further coordination during a joint workshop mid-July, UFO has presented the prospect to entirely refrain from further strike action. Otherwise, my Senator Service colleagues will gladly assist finding out about alternative options of re-booking (via phone). Sandra
Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: United 1K, Lufthansa Senator *,Marriott platinum
PE lounge access

Dear Lurkers,

My parents will later fly this month Vilnius to Frankfurt and then connect From Frankfurt to Delhi in Premium Economy.

They have no status and need lounge access.

Can they pay in advance or at the lounge ? Otherwise where do they pay as they are in transit ?

Is lounge access specific for one lounge or they could access multiple lounges. They have a 7 hour layover and would like to use the showers while the boarding lounge for the A380 does not have showers.

Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by RAMSWISS
Dear Lurkers,

My parents will later fly this month Vilnius to Frankfurt and then connect From Frankfurt to Delhi in Premium Economy.

They have no status and need lounge access.

Can they pay in advance or at the lounge ? Otherwise where do they pay as they are in transit ?

Is lounge access specific for one lounge or they could access multiple lounges. They have a 7 hour layover and would like to use the showers while the boarding lounge for the A380 does not have showers.

Thanks

Hello RAMSWISS,
with tickets purchased to travel in Premium Economy Class, your parents will be able to spend time at the Business Lounge in Frankfurt against a fee. The fee is payable at the airport, prior to accessing the lounge. Here is an overview of the lounges at Frankfurt Airport http://t.lh.com/4DWM for your parents orientation.
Best regards, Ella
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:44 am

Dear Ella,

I know my parents can visit the lounges after payment of the fees. I need additional information for which I await your update.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:33 am

Hello Lurkers,

I flew LH in paid J from ORD - FRA at the end of May. The J cabin was full and my IFE wasn't working. I was debating whether to fill out a feedback form online. Is it LH's policy to offer any form of compensation (such as miles) in a situation like this? If not I likely wouldn't bother sending in the feedback.

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:28 am

Dear Ella,

I know my parents can visit the lounges after payment of the fees. I need additional information for which I await your update.
Hi RAMSWISS, your parents will be able to access all Lufthansa Business lounges at Frankfurt airport. The entrance fee can be paid at the lounge entrance or at any LH ticket desk located at the airport. Please note that each voucher applies for the chosen lounge only. Via the link Ella provided, you may find more information on the different Business Class lounges (showers etc). Simply select „Business Class“ and „Frankfurt“ from the drop down menu. Regards, Maria
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by MisterRobarto
Hello Lurkers,

I flew LH in paid J from ORD - FRA at the end of May. The J cabin was full and my IFE wasn't working. I was debating whether to fill out a feedback form online. Is it LH's policy to offer any form of compensation (such as miles) in a situation like this? If not I likely wouldn't bother sending in the feedback.

Thanks!
Dear MisterRobarto,
As all decisions about compensations are made by Customer Relations, I’m not able to tell you in advance if and what kind of compensation may be offered in your case. I recommend that you use the feedback form (http://f.lh.com/uCPK) and my colleagues will get back to you.
Jens
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:51 am

Scanned documents

Dear Lurkers,

I need to send my boarding passes to Miles and more. To which email I'd can I scan them ?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:04 am

Dear Lurkers,

I need to send my boarding passes to Miles and more. To which email I'd can I scan them ?
Hi Ramswiss, the document needs to be transmitted via fax (http://f.lh.com/CVGG), as there is no operating email address available. Sandra
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:13 pm

Customer Relations Issue

Hi,

I am in contact with Lufthansa Customer Relations related to a flight issue. The issue is complicated and I won’t get into it here. However, the reply I received from Customer Relations does not address the issue. Rather it rejects my claim for reasons I am not entirely clear about and does not seem to address the issue. I have replied back but I believe they think this is a closed issue. Any guidance would be appreciated. I am only looking for a fair resolution.

Michael

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.