Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:42 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Feedback on MUC H SEN lounge this morning:
1. Queue to get in reaching back to the shops
2. Not one seat available anywhere in both SEN and C lounges
3. Internet so slow as to not be usable even for email
4. Mens washroom floor flooded and as a result covered in black water
5. Due to yet another strike not possible to even speak to staff about potential misconnects on flights

Please send feedback to your team- this is not the service of a 5 star airline- this is not even the minimum service nor hygiene levels required for a minimum acceptable level.
Hi TRAVELSIG,
I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is definitely not the service standard that we would like to offer. Thank you for your feedback – I’ve just forwarded it to the respective Lounge in MUC.
Stefanie
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi TRAVELSIG,
I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is definitely not the service standard that we would like to offer. Thank you for your feedback – I’ve just forwarded it to the respective Lounge in MUC.
Stefanie
Thanks for forwarding the feedback- much appreciated.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With 10 strikes in one year it is no longer possible to buy Lufthansa tickets.
Let us know when this is settled.
To the board, the staff, the management, the investors, the union, the government:

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO PURCHASE TICKETS ON AN AIRLINE THAT HAS TEN STRIKES IN ONE YEAR.

Send the feedback anywhere it may be noticed. We can discuss on an Air France or British Airways flight in the interim.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
funny you mention Air France as it seems to be the template for action for all involved.

http://corporate.airfrance.com/en/pr...ions-continue/

Didn't they have 15 strike days at Air France this year?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
The length of time it is taking Lufthansa to cancel flights/issue revised schedules is ridiculous & making a dreadful situation for your passengers even worse !
I was affected Sunday, through Tuesday, now again for Thursday, the strike was reported here on FT last night ! As of now 14.30 CET LH has no list of affected Longhaul flights...... pathetic !

As a HON, I am able to get through to LH staff by phone BUT they have NO information
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by chris63
The length of time it is taking Lufthansa to cancel flights/issue revised schedules is ridiculous & making a dreadful situation for your passengers even worse !
I was affected Sunday, through Tuesday, now again for Thursday, the strike was reported here on FT last night ! As of now 14.30 CET LH has no list of affected Longhaul flights...... pathetic !

As a HON, I am able to get through to LH staff by phone BUT they have NO information

Dear Chris,

all information is published as soon as it is available to the agents in the Service Centers in order to assist affected passengers. The union “Vereinigung Cockpit”, has to announce any labour action 24 hours in advance – and from that moment onwards, revised flight schedules as established. In certain cases, the process may be lengthy, sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. I assure you however that continuous options for the improvement of the information flow is in progress.

Isabell
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:19 pm

Just called Lufthansa hoping to clarify details for an upcoming flight. First person I reached did not speak English, not usually a problem with LH, but I guess there is a first time for everything. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she hung up on me. Called back. Second LH rep point blank told me they are experiencing extremely high call volume right now due to the strike and that he is unable to help me.

So at a time when your customers are extremely dissatisfied with your flights and adversely impacted by your pilots' strikes, Lufthansa, you are offering worse service than ever? That's sure to be a successful business model. LH is difficult to avoid to/from Germany, but we're going to try starting in 2015. Several German friends have switched to BA - we've been unwilling to connect through London until now, but this option is looking better and better! We have family in the UK, will be a nice excuse to visit them. Our loyalty to LH has meant nothing and is harder to defend every year.

tl;dr - don't bother calling lufthansa right now, they are too busy to talk to paying customers.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by xzhang1
Just called Lufthansa hoping to clarify details for an upcoming flight. First person I reached did not speak English, not usually a problem with LH, but I guess there is a first time for everything. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she hung up on me. Called back. Second LH rep point blank told me they are experiencing extremely high call volume right now due to the strike and that he is unable to help me.

So at a time when your customers are extremely dissatisfied with your flights and adversely impacted by your pilots' strikes, Lufthansa, you are offering worse service than ever? That's sure to be a successful business model. LH is difficult to avoid to/from Germany, but we're going to try starting in 2015. Several German friends have switched to BA - we've been unwilling to connect through London until now, but this option is looking better and better! We have family in the UK, will be a nice excuse to visit them. Our loyalty to LH has meant nothing and is harder to defend every year.

tl;dr - don't bother calling lufthansa right now, they are too busy to talk to paying customers.

Dear xzhang1,

first and foremost I would like to express that your loyalty to Lufthansa is appreciated. With the recent labour action the Service Centers were indeed difficult to be reached – my sincerest apologies for that. The agents were trying their best to assist as many callers as possible. I do not have any explanation why the call was disconnected. May I kindly request that you please try to call my colleagues again in order to clarify the details of your up-coming flight. I am sure that your enquiry will be handled to your satisfaction and hope that we will be able to welcome on board again in the coming year.

Best regards,
Isabell
Old Dec 7, 2014, 4:16 pm

Somewhere in this thread LH lurker stated, that for opup status is still deciding factor over fare.

I would like to know if this statement really holds true.

We have a board meeting in NYC and a lot of our team are spread out on different flights

The following happened yesterday on LX: Our CFO and I, both Hons, both in C/CL and both on D-Fare and according to the dedicated Hon Circle pickup in JFK the only ones on that flight, sat in proximity but not together. My seat neighbor across the aisle got an in cabin opup to first.
Our CEO flew today on LH with a larger team. All in C. He is also a HON.
One of the lawyers who is a SEN got an OPUP at the gate. CEO had a D fare, lawyer a J fare.

Never the less an awkward situation for our lawyer, who offered his upgrade to our CEO. He laughed it off and told him to enjoy first class.

In other companies that would have gone differently.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:25 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mamb0
Somewhere in this thread LH lurker stated, that for opup status is still deciding factor over fare.
I'm always surprised at how well marketing-speak works... The lurkers said that status is still a deciding factor -- if the booking class is identical.

HTB.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:45 am

We have a board meeting in NYC and a lot of our team are spread out on different flights

The following happened yesterday on LX: Our CFO and I, both Hons, both in C/CL and both on D-Fare and according to the dedicated Hon Circle pickup in JFK the only ones on that flight, sat in proximity but not together. My seat neighbor across the aisle got an in cabin opup to first.
One of the lawyers who is a SEN got an OPUP at the gate. CEO had a D fare, lawyer a J fare.

Never the less an awkward situation for our lawyer, who offered his upgrade to our CEO. He laughed it off and told him to enjoy first class.

Hi mambO,
I can understand the confusion about described situation. Indeed baffling, hence I forwarded the described incident internally and asked for further information on opup processes. Once we receive an answer, we'll get back here.
Best regards, Katharina
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:00 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi mambO,
I can understand the confusion about described situation. Indeed baffling, hence I forwarded the described incident internally and asked for further information on opup processes. Once we receive an answer, we'll get back here.
Best regards, Katharina
Thanks Katharina. Just To clarify. This is not a complaint. I have no expectations on getting upgrades. If I want to fly first I book it or upgrade with miles.
I am just wondering because out of experience (possibly anecdotal) the process seems not to match what we were being repeatedly told. So not trying to raise a stink at all, just pure interest what the process really is.
Best
M
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: kingclub
Dear Lufthansa Flyertalk Team,
I am sorry to ask a very basic question regarding my upcoming flight with Lufthansa. I am flying from Houston, USA ( IAH ) to Bangalore, India ( BLR ) via frankfurt. I have a 1 hour layover at frankfurt to change flights. In theory if I miss the connecting flight what will I need to do.

Thanks

Gagan
Old Dec 24, 2014, 1:17 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
That is a very tough one!
Old Dec 24, 2014, 4:39 am

Dear mambO,

this one was long in the making, thanks for your kind patience! I'm finally able to offer you the feedback from my colleagues: In case of op up processes, today’s check-in system indeed chooses booking class over passenger status – fare over factor. The status then becomes relevant once two eligible passengers hold the same booking class. Furthermore, some booking classes, specifically those used for special rates or award tickets, don’t allow for op ups, hence won’t be taken into consideration at all. With J, your lawyer held a higher business class fare than your CEO. Hence, even though awkward while offered, the procedure here appears to have been applied accordingly. I hope that this finds your question answered. :-)

Enjoy the Holidays and have a Happy New Year! Katharina

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.